Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/259/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile I binge & overeat. Time to make a change!

I posted about a week ago and got amazing feedback from so many different people! I'm already starting to LOVE this website. The support I receive is just lovely.

It's almost like I mentally convince myself it's okay and just eat everything I want. I go into my kitchen, open up the fridge and pantry, and binge eat. I know how bad it is and yet I still continue to do it.

But today is a new day. Slowly but surely, I want to change my life for the better. I will no longer eat without thinking about the consequences. At 18 years old and 260 lbs, I'm finally seeing that I need to make a serious change in my life.

Wish me luck!
aturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #2  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Yeah! Gotta love that positive attitude! Keep that up, and you certainly will lose your extra weight and sustain a change.
It won't be fast, it won't be easy, but if it was, everyone would do it! You have amazing strength to realize this goal, just as all of us on here have. And by joining forces, we'll get there.
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #3  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

That's the right attitude Good luck!
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good for you. Glad you feel supported here.

Binge eating is a very hard habit to break but it can be done... I'm proof of that!

Keep up the good work.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

You can do it, you can change! I was a binge eater too, and though it took a lot of work, I have not had a binge in... well, so long I can't even remember. More than a year, or two. The key is to never give up. When you slip up, keep going.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #6  
too big to fail

Throw out all your binge foods. It's hard to binge when all you've got is brown rice and tea in the cupboard.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #7  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I also was a binge eater, and the beast can be tamed. I'm not at the point in my life where I can safely say I've slayed that "dragon", and I'm not sure if there ever will be, but I work diligently to keep it at bay.

There are 2 books that helped me enormously on my journey. One is The End of Overeating by Kessler and the other is The Beck Diet Solution by Dr. Judith Beck (no connection with my user name, it's must my nickname and was chosen long before I found Dr. Judith Beck). The Kessler book talks about how addictive food is and how the food industry knows this. It helped me understand that I had a real addiction and it wasn't just my own craziness that had me eating until I would burst. The Beck book is not a diet book at all. She gets to the psychological reasons that people overeat/binge and helps to train the brain to eat in a healthy manner (I was highly doubtful of this sort of thing, but was desperate, and I'm now convinced!). The links are below; maybe they'll help you also.

http://www.amazon.com/The-End-Overea...+of+overeating

http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Diet-Solu...+diet+solution

Wishing you strength, determination, and perseverance on your weight loss journey.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Good for you. I think it's important to realize that you WILL be giving up something, and face that head-on. Stay conscious of the fact that you've chosen to trade the short-term pleasure of eating your fill of whatever you want for the deeper satisfaction of better health and body confidence. It's not always easy, but it's well worth it.

I also suggest you figure out an eating plan that doesn't leave you too hungry. Occasional mild hunger is fine, but you don't want to be ravenous (and thus more vulnerable to temptation).

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #9  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

goodluck you can do it!

moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

If binge eating was only a habit it would not be so difficult to be free of it. It is an addiction. Just like binge drinking or binge shopping is not just a habit. Addictions come from some psychological place. I believe that addictions can be healed with a lot of work. Sure we can give up bingeing but most of us go back to it at some point. I believe because we want to control it with dieting or whatever rather then healing the wounds that led to the addiction in the first place. But yes I sure do believe healing can occur. I am a work in progress and doing plenty of work to heal.

What is working for me is therapy with a good psychiatrist.

What is working for me is this book
http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Over.../dp/144080401X

What is working for me is this blog/site
http://marciasirotamd.com/

What is working for me is taking care of myself.

What is working for me is cutting out negative people.

Good luck and yes this place is a great source of support.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote