South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Monday Nov 5 Beach Chat

Up and at 'em chicks! I don't believe I'm the only one that is up early with the time change.

I did realize I forgot to get the DH to sign the refinance mortgage papers, so I must do that as soon as he gets up (and of course, couldn't fall back asleep once that entered my little brain). DD had a fever yesterday afternoon , so I doubt she's going to school today. Luckily, I can bring her to work. I do have some sick hours, but we have someone doing a working interview with me today, to see if we like him.

The coffee is about done. DH cleaned the machine last night, I hope it doesn't taste like vinegar today!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy. I was up earlier but getting my morning exercise chasing a SMAMMER! I love banning people before breakfast. I do hope your coffee maker got well rinsed so you don't have pickle coffee.

Darn cold here today with temperature below freezing - 28ºF going up to 40 this afternoon. At least we have sun. I guess we'd better get used to it. I sure wish I could remember where I stashed my winter coat last spring.

Been feeling a tad down lately with some knee problems and sort of moping around. Today I need to change that. Depending on how fast my Aleve works, I'm off to the gym and then to the Quilting Biddies for the morning. I have some wonderful veggie beef soup ready for lunch and then will go to the city for a doc appointment, avoiding the Chinese Buffet like the plague!

OK, I need to find that warm coat as the long-range forecast is for cold weather for the week and I don't want to be a weather wimp. (I keep thinking of the folks without power and heat in the States and count my blessings.)

Happy Monday!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here's to a good cup of coffee, Tammy. Funny, how sleep is elusive when you have something on your mind. I hope you have a good day and your little one is better.

I'm going to a consultation with Mom's oncologist before I head in to work this morning. Except for being tired and having periods of confusion, she's been feeling good, so I'm hopeful we'll get a good report.
The rest of the day should be pretty busy with the usual Monday-after-the-weekend catching up, and Cindy had weekend guests so that will add to my workload but at least it will make the day go fast. Piano and flute lessons after school for the girls, then I can finally head on home.

Good morning, Ruth! Yum, spam for breakfast!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-05-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm up and off to NH to do the GOTV thing again. I am going to get a little of my regular work done too, don't want anything hanging over my head when we head to the ocean in just 48 hours I am feeling much more sane and grounded than I did last time I had this job but woke up with a headache from clenching my jaw so definitely time for a few days away.

Tammy - hope the coffee was not vinegary and DD is feeling better today.

Ruth - I made a turkey stew last night. It was so cold here I just needed that warm comfort food. Hope your stew does the trick.

Cottage - hoping for good news for you.

I need to scan the fridge and make dinner plans. It's time to clean out anything that won't last until Sunday. Lots of veggie sides on the menu, I just need to plan a protein.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, if you have a spaghetti squash on hand, I have a delicious recipe for spaghetti squash casserole. I tweaked the original recipe since I was out of lowfat cream cheese, so here's what I did -

4 wedges of Laughing Cow herb & garlic
2 cups of spicy marinara sauce
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups lightly steamed broccoli
Cook until cheese melts, then add cooked spaghetti squash and mix well. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 30minutes at 350*.

It's so simple and easy, but SO good!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, back at work again. Lately that is all I do. We are going back to Long Island today for a few more hours of clean up, but not until after the morning rush. Hope to have time to order from Pea Pod. I really don't have any time this week for grocery shopping. Grateful I can order online and have it delivered to my home. Food is quickly becoming scarce on my house. Been feeding John this week too. Thankfully they got their power back. So looking forward to being off starting Saturday. These 15 hour work days are really making me sleepy. Trying to eat correctly, but the lack of sleep is messing me up. oh well, gotta run, have a great day
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks Cottage! I just found a local grower and added several spaghetti squash to the squash storage shelf. Can't wait to try this
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Tammy! I woke up at midnight but refused to get up. I had some things swirling in my head, too. Hope DD is feeling better very soon.

Ruth, sorry to hear you've been feeling down. I'm recognizing the Wintery months tend to dampen my spirits a bit. I hope you have a great day!

Linda, best wishes to your mom at her appt today.

Cyndi, it's the countdown in more ways than one!

Jennifer, take care! I know lack of sleep really affects me...even without all the stress you've been through lately.

Me, slept in now needing to get organized. We're going to travel over the hill tomorrow....looking forward to that.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #9  

Linda that sounds awesome. Mmmmmm cannot wait to try it!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

The sun is brilliant and I just found my warm winter coat! Outta here for a short gym session and then to tackle the Quilting Biddies. See y'all later.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning well I guess afternoon now

Ruth glad you found your jacket- DD2 we are missing her's as well but I think it is lost in the mess of her room. We are starting to tackle that this evening, I cannot take it any longer.

Tywnn I wish we could do working interviews that would alleviate some bad hires that's for sure

Cottage fingers crossed for good report

Cyndi good luck with your GOTV thing

Jekel are you helping with clean up work with your job or volunteering? Hang in there

Debbie safe travels

Okay back to work I have so much today I don't want to get started lol but once I get started there is not stopping me hehe (I think I am having the same problem at home)

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #12  

Cottage,

How do you cook your spaghetti squash? I've only made it a couple of times and am trying to decide the best way to prepare the squash itself. Last week I made spaghetti squash lasagna and I roasted the squash. It was wonderful but it took a good hour for the squash to cook before I could assemble the lasagna. I’m curious as to how others prepare their squash so it doesn’t add to much moisture to a dish but is a little more efficient.

Thx.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I'm here and OP, just in class for 12 wks so posting during the day is difficult. I successfully had breakfast this morning! That alone warrants a woohoo!

My back is still bad but oh well. Hopefully one day I can have surgery to help it.

Argh back to class, ttyl!

Lisa
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #14  

Pearlrose a little of both. We have been ordered in since Wednesday until Friday of this week. The Lieutenant I am assigned to has been awesome letting two of us at a time "work" our shifts by helping fellow officers affected by Sandy. Very proud of our Staten Island District (precinct). They went to Costco and bought over 1500 dollars worth of supplies to help residents by the precinct. While they were there, several customers donated supplies to their efforts. It is very humbling seeing contents of homes on the curb, boats (well anywhere but in the water), destruction. Yet the residents, business owners, volunteers have been so incredibly kind and appreciative which is amazing considering how difficult their lives are currently.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Jekel, I am so proud to know you folks. I have friends in Staten Island who have told me about the looting and are very grateful for your presence.
Closed Thread