South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Misty Monday on the Beach 10/29

Well, we woke up to school being cancelled today, thanks to Sandy....which I assume means it will be cancelled tomorrow, since that's when it really hits us. I guess the winds are supposed to pick up later today, but I haven't looked yet. I'm stocked up on lots of beans and veggies, so we'll be good if need be!

I work today, if the surgeries show up, and I guess hang out with the kids at home this afternoon. My 9 year old has become extremely good at Rummikub, maybe we'll have a tournament.

Coffee is done!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-29-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy, and all the Beach Chicks. All the schools here alerted yesterday that they would be closed at least until Wednesday, and the kids are rejoicing. It's not too wild out yet, but it's been windy and raining off and on since yesterday.

I'm going to head over to the farm and stay at least until noon, unless the weather dictates otherwise. I do have my own room there with extra clothes if I should have to stay, but I think I'll be able to make it home before it gets too bad.

Everyone in the path of this hurricane, please stay safe and check in when you can. I imagine most of us will lose power at some point, but we do worry! Take care!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #3  

Morning all! After watching the weather channel, looks like we should start feeling the effects around 5:00, right in time for rush hour traffic! I'm heading straight home, so we'll see! (was going to do some shopping, but forget that!)

today I'm supposed to start phase 2. I think I'll just eat the same, and add an apple with natural peanut butter as my evening snack. The scale is moving downward, and I don't want to do anything to upset that!!! So, we shall see!

Have a great day today *even if it IS Monday*, Stay safe and dray!
Laurie
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #4  

Laurie, there's a good sticky posted in our FAQs that you should check out about how to slowly ease into Phase II. Lot of valuable information there!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Late check-in this morning. Felt cruddy at bedtime last night and it didn't go away overnight so it's a no-gym and late start day for me. I'm crossing my fingers that it's no the "flu" that I am getting a shot for on Thursday!

Tammy, staying home with the kids this afternoon sounds like a really fun plan and you do sound well stocked up. Linda, I sure hope you can get home at noon. I know you want to be with your real family before this hits. Laurie, I think Sandy is going to cross into Canada much closer to me so you may escape the brunt of it.

Rain, rain, rain in our forecast for the next five days. I'm hoping this storm is weak before she finally hits our area. I am also hoping and praying that she eases off before she gets to the East Coast chicks.

Time for some breakfast and some Aleve or Aspirin to get me cranked up for the day. I really need to get money, gas and dog food plus Halloween stuff so hope I perk up by noon.

Right now is the plan.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Had my son still been in college he'd have the day off too. But, such is the life of a working man, he's off to his job today. The public garage where he pays monthly to park isn't charging today so he's pretty sure he'll get home tonight to no parking spaces.

I'm off the they gym this morning, then my internist to see if she confirms my thrush diagnosis. Then I'll wait in what is almost always a long line at Costco to fill either a prescription for thrush or the one I got on Friday for reflux. I'm cautiously optimistic that relief is in sight.

Have a great day.

Edited - My son's company sent them all home. He got one of the last few spots in his garage and is now hunkered down safe and sound.

Last edited by WaistingTime; 10-29-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning so desperately wanted to sleep in, but nooooo, not because of the hurricane, my boiler service was scheduled for today. the company left a message saying it might be canceled. Regardless I left the basement unlocked (outside access only) A little after 7 the dogs went crazy (such good watch doggies). I am impressed they showed as I made the appointment in July. My boiler is old, very old, but she does the job and I don't have the extra cash to replace her.

Oh well looks like I will be staying home rather than riding out the storm at Joe's. The Taconic parkway can be treacherous on a good day. So I think I will do some laundry (I want my flannel sheets on the bed lol) do a little indoor riding and just relax. Hopefully we don't lose power this time, but the sky is quite ominous so it's coming.

Be safe, stay dry and stay home if possible.....unless our west coast chicks want to invite us over lol
Old 10-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #8  

I'm back home again, snug and cozy in my ultra soft PJs. I've always wanted to stay in my PJs all day, and it looks like I'm going to get my wish today and tomorrow, too.
It's getting pretty windy and the rain is slashing down, but it wasn't too bad when I left for work. I got her laundry all caught up while she and the girls were busy in the barn, and I left when I could see the creek starting to overflow. I don't know how much longer we'll have power since the lights are starting flicker but we have battery powered lanterns and flashlights at the ready so we're all set.

Karen, I'm glad your son got sent home and even nabbed a parking space! Everything is closed or closing by 2pm around here, and the streets are eerily deserted.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello friends I am also home already. Turns out I could have stayed home because everything was closed but I didn't know that until I hit town. Ah well, needed more cat food anyway. Everything is cozy, stocked, and ready around here. Now we just wait. I will work on my computer as long as we have power. I'm also cooking up a storm. I've got a gas stove so no problem there. Lots of ice in the freezer so that should be helpful if we lose power.

Hope you are all safe and cozy and riding the storm out with a good book and a cup of tea (maybe a glass of wine back-up for later!)
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon ladies -

It was hard to shop for SBD friendly Sandy-storm non-perishable foods! Thought I'd update in case the lights and power go out.

Stay safe everyone (even those not affected by THIS storm!).
Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Busy weekend this past weekend, but it was a good one. Good week to be a Georgia Bulldogs fan and a good week to be a San Francisco Giants supporter (I don't watch MLB but one of my bestfriends is a HUGE Giants fan and I told him I would support his team).

I hope those of you in the path of this storm are staying safe...and I hope you keep your power!!! My future roommate has been texting me and she is very scared of the storm. I feel bad that I can't be there...she hates being alone during storms.

Anyway, back to work for me. Hope everyone is well.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thinking of and praying for my East side chickies!!!
Closed Thread