Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - October 2012 - Everyone Welcome! PART 2

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-31-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

Well, darn! I got so excited when I saw that we had been closed down! I was hoping that someone had said something totally perverted! Not this time. We have only been talking too much. We've still got something to strive for in the future.

Keep Mamakat and Steph in your thoughts and prayers with the hurricane headed their way. Anyone else in the path of the storm? Stay safe and check in as soon as you can.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-28-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/136.5/110

Height: 5'2

Hi Diana, I just joined and am exploring the site. I am excited to be here, as I need some encouragement and accountability. I am not sure how it all works, but I did read somewhere that we need to post 20 times and I am hoping this counts as my first! I am in awe of you for your amazing weight loss and maintenance. I am hoping to lose around 26 lbs. I lost 15 before my son's wedding in June, then gained back 6 and have recently lost 5....up and down seems to be my pattern and I am tired of it. I will be checking in with you again!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 245 Calories
Ricotta cheese 185 Calories
Spiced apples 60 calories

Dinner 500 Calories
Steamed Veggies 100 Calories
Chicken Salad Wrap 400 calories

Snack (300 Calories)
Popcorn 300 calories

Exercise:
#10 SDX Recovery Core
The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/8's
Old 10-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Decorlover Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Thank you. Yes, you will need to have 20 posts to get a weight loss ticker. We look forward to watching you succeed with your weight loss goals.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone!

Diana, thanks for starting the new thread. LOL about our saying something bad... I have already been "busted" here in the past for saying something someone objected to (even though it was totally the truth LOL) so I really try now to be cautious.

DecorLover, So glad you are here and that you found this thread. Yes, you definitely have one post now. It won't be long until you have your ticker!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

Ok, an update on "the dress" and my shopping fiasco's.

I took the dress back to the store. The lady that normally helps me was working. I tried on the dress for her so she could get an idea of what it looked like and what I needed for shoes. She gave me some advice. The big thing is that I need a certain look/color for shoes to make it work. There are some shoes stores in the same shopping center. I couldn't find anything that worked. I went back to the store and returned the dress. I really like the dress, but at the same time I want the whole look to be right. I have plenty of time to find something that will be perfect for me. I feel good about my decision.

Of course, I'm sure I will have more shopping rants to post about. Maybe those are good for entertainment value.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/205/160

Height: 5'2"

Hello, I think this is exactly what I need. I have been seeing a nutritionist for 10 weeks I have 2 weeks yes and I am afraid of what happens when I loose her. So I will be coming here hoping to connect with people to express my frustrations and keep me accountable.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

izzib93 Hi and welcome to the check-in! I have no doubt that you can keep building on the foundation that you and the nutritionist started.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #10  

Diana, glad you are comfortable with your decision about the dress. If you are not going to feel "right" in it, and can't find the proper shoes, that was probably a wise choice.

izzib93 welcome to the thread. I too am confident you will be okay when your nutritionist appointments are up. There is a lot of support and encouragement here, and you are off to a very good start.

Today I felt so good when I wore those pants that actually fit me that I decided to go back and buy another pair. It is crazy to just have a lot of stuff that is too small. Well... for spending $50 I got TWO $25 off discount coupons for late November if I spend $50 for each one. So basically the pants were free as I plan to keep losing and will need more clothes. The tights worked well under my pants today, too, although I am concerned about them being too hot, especially since they keep my office very warm. But it will be worth it to not have my flabby stomach flopping around everywhere LOL.

Hey, someone just posted in another thread that Greek vanilla yogurt and apples are good together. I am eating it right now and YUM she was right.

Oh and I had a couple of NSVs! Before when I would lie on my side at night my top arm was so high in the air I had to put a pillow under it. It feels so nice now to be able to put my arm down on the bed LOL. Last night I grabbed a pillow and put it under it and laughed... totally uncomfortable as it felt as if my arm was sticking way up in the air.

Then at church today right after I walked in someone asked me I was losing more weight. I love that it is showing. I am sure it helped, too, that I was wearing clothes that actually fit me, ha.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #11  

Stats for Sunday, 10/28

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
3 oz tuna packet
green grapes

Snack (at church)
2 cups coffee with half & half

Lunch
2 slices Whole Grain Goodness toast from Great Harvest
peanut butter
raspberry jam
green grapes

Snack
None

Dinner
steamed butternut squash
green beans
cottage cheese

Snack
Zoi Greek vanilla yogurt
Pink Lady apple

Exercise
None

Weight

242 (new low)

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-28-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #12  

Hello Mamakat and Steph
Praying for you and hope Sandy will be blow over smoothly. Diana, I was happy to see that part 1 was closed down too:0 Nice! I like your shopping story too. It is so hard to find stuff and yet when you look at all those models on covers who have a careless scarf that makes a particular dress, you can only wonder! Serenity, after your post I googled kettlebells and found what it is. Now I will have to find out workouts for them and no unfortunately 159 is not a declining trend!! I am back up to 162. I think my scale loves messing with my head!!! DecorLover Welcome aboard! I am relatively new but this is a great place to be!
Have a great week ahead everyone!

Last edited by Rasagolla; 10-28-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #13  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

Welcome decorlover and izzi! I hope that this thread and forum helps you
We're glad to have you

I just got back from NYC, seeing family and a friend there. They have closed the subways now, I am pretty sure due to the impending storm. I am back in PA and my work was canceled tomorrow due to the storm.

I think I have bronchitis again Fortunately I got an antibiotic today and have taken two dosages of it.

Today I did okay with food but I haven't tracked my points, I think I'll just start fresh tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone! Take care,

Amy
Old 10-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #14  

Hi again

LOL good thing we got a new thread, yappy as we are this month. Not likely to fill it up since we have just a few days of October left.

It is a strange feeling tonight trying to decide what nice outfit I am going to wear to work tomorrow... rather than wondering what on earth I am going to dig out that does not swallow me and not so worn out it looks awful. People will probably be shocked to see me looking decent LOL.

I hope the scale does not bounce back up in the morning after it took me 11 days to get this last nasty pound off! Grrrrrr But I certainly did not overeat today and, even though I did not work out, I did spend hours this afternoon sorting through clothes, digging out the bedroom, etc. LOL I found a backpack stuffed full of "too small" clothes... including two beautiful blouses which are now almost too big for me (but I will wear them for a while still). I could have had two nice blouses this past month or so!

I had so many clothes and stuff thrown on the end of the bed that I had to sleep just on one side of it but now I can even move my feet around if I want. In all fairness and by way of explanation, for the past couple years I have been in such excruciating pain that I have been unable to do much around the house so things have gotten rather disastrous. But now thanks to my doctor, chiropractor, physical therapist... along with all the workouts and losing 64 pounds... I am able to do so much more again. I'll get it all dug through... just may take me a while!!!

Sunday night... just about time to head back to work tomorrow!!! Everyone have a great week! Let's go out there and conquer the fat!!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Had 0.4 gain this week. Officially, I'm back to being overweight on the BMI scale. Not pleased.
It would've been fine if it was 0.4 pounds and I'd still be in the normalweight BMI. But it irks me that I'm back on the overweight scale. I thought I'd reached my goal and wouldn't ever had to see overweight on the BMI scale ever again. But ugh, I was wrong.

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 10-29-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Closed Thread