Old 10-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Default those with kids, plans to avoid halloween candy

so what is your gameplan to avoid this sneaky temptation?
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

I just bought it tonight. Snickers, MMs, Twix...I am going to let my husband hide it and not tell me where it is..hopefully I wont be able to smell it..snickers are a weakness!!

Last edited by cmarty; 10-27-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm planning to buy only one bag. I will budget my calories to eat two or three mini Snickers. Whatever is left after the trick-or-treaters I will have my kids put in their candy bags. I hope this works! And I'm not buying the candy until the last minute....
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

I purposely buy kinds I don't like to give out. And I don't want my kids to have a ton either. So they keep a bit but cash in the rest for nickels.
I work on a community college campus so I take the extra to campus. Hungry college students make quick work of that.

Not to say I'm not tempted but it has to be the good stuff to tempt me.
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #5  

Last year I started MRC on Nov 1...the day after my 3 and 5 year old brought in their haul. I had let myself have a few pieces on the 31st knowing I was starting the next day. Nov 1 I went to grab a candy bar which I started to tell myself "wouldn't hurt" but then I told myself I just paid a bunch of $ to help me lose weight and that would be throwing money away. That stopped me. I kept the kids' candy in a bag on top of the fridge where I couldn't see it. They could have one treat a day. I did not have a single piece from Nov 1 on...and between Halloween, then Christmas, then Valentine's there was candy constantly in the bag. But as long as it was out of sight, it was out of mind. And when it did come to mind, I had to remind myself that my goals were more worth it. I lost 20 lbs from Halloween to New Year's day!

This year will be a bit harder. I'm on maintenance so I don't have quite the same mind set. But I think I will do the same thing or I will easily gain back weight through the holidays. A piece or two on the 31st then it goes into the unseen bag...and if it gets to tempting I will just have to throw it away.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

My daughter is grown, so it's a bit easier now. I typically buy kinds I can resist, but yesterday my husband came home with lots that I do like. I absolutely love Snickers! I wasn't happy about that. The bags are gonna stay unopened till the first goblins appear on the porch. What's left at the end of the night will either come in to the office or go in the trash. I'm brushing my teeth right after dinner too. Not starting is easier than stopping for me.

Like Nwcgina, I'm maintaining now, but last year I was ruthless. I threw Christmas treats away unopened, left candy on the bus, even stopped the car and tossed something I was struggling not to eat. It sounds insane, I know, but in the end, it was kind of a thrill to do bold things that made me feel in control. I highly encourage you to try it: THROW OUT Some candy that YOU LOVE. If you think you might dig through the trash to retrieve it (been there), get more drastic: take it to a public trashcan. Be bold.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #7  

camaswa-I was going to share that example...you and a few others were absolutely amazing to just throw the stuff away...it's not wasting it...it's wasting it to eat that after you've paid a bunch and worked hard to lose weight!

If you are still in process of losing my best advice is to completely steer clear. Throw it away. Flee temptation. I'm at the point of maintenance...been there for 6 months, and I may have a snicker fun bar tomorrow...as a part of my total calories. But that's it. It can too easily become a slippery slope into Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's and Super Bowl and Valentine's Day and ...you get the idea. There is never a shortage of reasons to eat. Rise above it, you can do it.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote