Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 12.8/12.2/11.0

Height: 5'1

Smile Day One...

Right ok I did have a goal to get down to 12 stone by 1st November and once again i've messed that up as I am currently 12 stone 8!! Grrrr!

Anyway so i've got 1 week to try be really good to see how much I can lose. Fingers crossed! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Wish me Luck! Will keep you updated on how I get on.

Karen xx
xkaren86x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

HI Karen and welcome

Good luck this week, but please please don't worry about not being at a certain number at a certain date. I've been there, done that, got angry at myself, gone off plan and then had to claw my way back again. Now, getting to goal is taking me an age, but I'm being realistic and letting it happen as it happens. No matter how long it takes, I know that one day I'll get there, and then have to start all over again working how to stay there!!!

Pop in and join us on the UK chicks part of the site also if you'd like. Not many of us over there but we love new faces

Have a great day back on plan
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #3  

Hi Karen! I'm new too! I'm working on keeping my calories in a healthy range and walking for 15mins 2 times a day. My goal is to stay away from candy/chocolates/Soda Pop and fast food. This is just my beginners theory though. I'm hoping to gain ideas and motivation with the support of others, to keep making more changes.
my25reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Karen! I do wish you the best of luck. I've had plenty of date/weight goals I have not met; I've found the best thing to do is to make a new, more realistic, goal. You can do this, and there doesn't need to be a stringent time frame!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #5  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I know that some people to jumpstart weight loss will do some sort of cleanse - by this I mean restricting certain food groups to eliminate cravings and dependencies. They also tend to have good weight loss results. The one that I am thinking of (the only one I know of and would support) is the phase 1 of the fat smash diet. I have tried that diet before, and while I was motivated to be on it, it helped me. The diet I do now, it kind of similar to it. You don't have to buy the book, you can normally find the info somewhere online. Good luck!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 12.8/12.2/11.0

Height: 5'1

Smile

Thanks everyone.

Day one has gone well which I'm pleased about. Day two tomorrow and going into the weekend which is always tough. Especially on a Friday when work is over for the week, I always fancy a takeaway. Need to be strong to complete just 1 week though so I can feel like i've achieved something and can stick to it when I put my mind to it!

I've got the dress I want to wear to my work Christmas do hanging on my door which i'm going to try on every now and again to hopefully inspire me some more to stick to being good.

xx
xkaren86x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Welcome and good luck!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote