Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 08:18 PM   #1  

Default meanfoodcompany

Wow! Has anyone had a legitimate company send them a mean letter? I tried "bettern'peanut butter" a low fat spread to substitute peanut butter. I politely sent a note to Peanut Wonder company to tell them that I thought it was a bit to floury and sweet. I was very kind and constructive. Well, I got a note from them saying that I am a "dumb farmer" used to eating "pig s***". they actually spelled out the swear word. Wow! I felt sick, I have never been swore at by a company. I just did not care for their product. I was not mean to them. Hello Skippy and Jif!! I will stick with real Peanut butter!!!! Just had to vent my shock!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:38 PM   #2  

Don't you just LOVE customer service these days??
Old 09-13-2003, 11:18 PM   #3  
it's always something

Many companies outsource customer service, so the person that sent that message probably was not employed by the company. However, they should be informed of the email. I would suggest forwarding it and requesting it be sent to the attention of a supervisor. Chances are, the person that receives it back will not be the same person that wrote it.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:43 AM   #4  

Default reply

Hi! I did get a reply from a manager, they say they are "horrified", but that was about it. I think the company is kind of strange. I truly am sticking with Skippy and Jif, real peanut butter. I just need to watch my portions, the good flavor of real peanuts is not worth giving up. I have found that sticking to real products satisfys my cravings , to much fat free and artificle stuff causes me to binge on full fat products. It takes discipline, but a person does tend to get satisfied faster with some fat in their diet. Plus, real peanut butter is far less expensive!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:00 PM   #5  

I agree.

I think all this talk about outlawing junk food is going to cause more problems than good. It is just creating strange stigmas that will result in binging and other problems. Stick to small amounts of the products in moderation. That is what I am trying, and seem to be losing weight.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:13 PM   #6  
missaprylj

I don't know if you care or not, but I stay away from Jiff and Skippy though... if you're going to eat real peanut butter get some where the ingredients are: peanuts and salt.

the commercialized versions have hydrogenated oils.

Just thought you'd maybe like to know! -Apryl

Old 09-24-2003, 08:41 PM   #7  

Default peanuts

Yes! I do love the fresh ground peanut butter from the grocery store. Some of our local grocery stores make their own fresh peanut butter in the deli area. I keep forgetting to buy it. Several years ago I lived on it. It is just ground up peanuts and salt. You can buy it in small amounts so it is always fresh. I am going to rewrite my grocery list. Thank you lovely people for the great ideas!!
Closed Thread