Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #1  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Default I have a cold and am so hungry

I don't remember being this hungry in a long time. I am making sure to drink my water, 3l so far. I eat and then an hour later am hungry again. Anyone else get this way with a cold? I am trying to make healthy choices apples yogurt ect. I am sure the way I am going I will be over my plan today.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Eat lots of protein and good fats, that will help fill you up and nourish your body to repair itself. I do know how you feel, and things like sausage fried with peppers and onions are my comfort foods when I know I need something tasty, filling, and nourishing to my system. Chef salads, salmon, tuna salad, all good choices as well. Avoid sugary junk, that isn't going to boost your immune system. Some berries or oranges might not be a bad idea, but nutritionally it is protein and fat that fuels your body best when it is under stress, in my experience
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #3  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Hot soup is my go to food when I'm sick. It's really filling without much calorie damage. Since the sodium tends to be much higher than my usual foods I always end up drinking more water as well.

Feel better soon!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I agree with hot soup. That's definitely my go to food when I have a cold. It's filling and warm, a good way to get your fluids in as well. Also, if you're a fan of spicy food, I'd make the soup spicier. I make a really spicy chicken broth/soup when I'm ill and it fills me up, the spicy heat helps with clearing my congestion a bit, and the peppery sensation reminds me I've eaten recently.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote