Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #1  
Average White Girl

Default Weekend 9\13 and 9/14

Hello all and good morning. Yesterday was one of my coworkers last day with us, so we decided to have a party for her, with everyone bringing food. I ate and was merry. Of course, this morning I found I gained 2.8 lbs! Gasp! I realized that I ignored journaling and eating with any sort of common sense, but I was still a bit shocked this morning. Instead of getting down on myself about it, I am going to start over. Today is a new day. Instead of being part of the journey, it's the first day. I decided on that because I weigh 154.8, the highest I've been in about 3 months. I never thought that Reduced Fat Wheat Thins were so evil w/ the fat? And it's reduced? Crickey!

Today we're not doing much. Pretty much loafing, and going to see my fiance's parents later. I want to swing by and see mine, too, but I'm not sure if we can...maybe I'll call..I like seeing my future inlaws, but they live approx. 45 minutes away, and the drive can be time consuming.

At work I think I'm being groomed to be a manager, with all the extra responsibilities I've been given. My boss even told the district manager about it since I've shown interest in it. Have to wait and see.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:39 PM   #2  

Good morning

Hi Alteaon.....it is raining here today....doing good today....but yesterday was a different story.....but today is a new day. I do notice that when I use the light box....I do feel better.....so I used it today.

DH has gone over to DS's place....to help him put in a fan in his bathroom....so I am here surfing the internet.

This week DH made 3 cobblestone sidewalks in the backyard.....one on the side of the house....one going from the deck to the left side of the yard.....a short one...he painted red....they do look nice.

I have decided to go on my trip back east a week from next Tuesday....when I was debating about going on my trip....I was feeling down.....it will be nice to see my 5 sisters & 1 brother again.

Have a great weekend everyone.

April
Old 09-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Alteaon its okay to enjoy a party, trick is to jump back on the band wagon the next day. Are you following atkins or lc ? forgive me I forgot.

April, so you finally decided to go for it, I know you'll enjoy seeing your siblings, it will be a fun time.

Today its been raining all day and they are calling for rain the next two days, OY. I got up around 6 am, made the bed, laundry and spot cleaned the kitchen since it wasn't that bad for once. Made deviled eggs for tomorrow's b-day party (my neice, she's 4 years old) since i can't eat cake I figured I better bring something I can shove in my face I use to hate them too but I'm learning to make them the way I like em I also made LC coleslaw. I was dying to make cookies today since its wet and damp out, just one of those days but I didn't. B/c I knew they would all go down the hatch. I'm pretty proud of myself though. One of my fav cookies is Oreo's and I have individual packs in the closet for my little one and I haven't touched one, nope not even a lick LOL. tomorrow is my weigh in day, if I don't lose I just might eat a pack LOLOLOL... nah, I'll be good, just gotta try harder w/the dang calories...........F)@#T_&t@#_#(&t ~~~~~ SO THERE.

Well that about sums up what I've been doing. Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend, dry at least lol.

Hugs, Leenie
Old 09-13-2003, 07:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon chickadees!

Leenie, you are doing great! I'm so proud of you for not baking cookies today! I know how hard it is not to give into the urges, but if you are like me you would have eaten them all up and then felt awful. I'm proud of you! and no matter what that scale says (I pray it is kind to you) you keep walking the straight and narrow and sooner or later it will pay off! it just has too!

April, I'm sure you feel better just knowing you've made a decision one way or the other! Hope it all goes well!

Alteoan, glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday and glad to hear you are back on track today! Hope things work out at work too!

My guys got up at 4 this morning to go duck hunting, but the sun is shining after all that rain yesterday and they never saw a duck, but they had a good time. I got up and exercised and then cleaned my house. I don't usually exercise when I'm gonna clean bec I just don't have the energy for all of that, but said to heck with it and got it in. I just didn't clean like Mr. Clean, more like Mr. Halfway LOL

Before I was even finished cleaning the guys got back and jumped in their beds for naps. I had just changed the sheets and they still had on their hunting clothes! grrrrrrrr makes you wonder why I bother sometimes. lol oh yea wait, I bother, bec I want everything to be clean *sigh* it is a vicious cycle - good thing I was only doing Mr Halfway today ;-)

I need to work on my sunday school lesson for tomorrow - those 12th grade girls keep me on my toes! ;-)

hope everybody is having a good weekend!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-13-2003, 07:22 PM   #5  
Average White Girl

Leenie:

In answer to your q, I do Weight Watchers...I thought about Atkins but I'm not sure I could handle it. It fascinates me though.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:25 PM   #6  
Average White Girl

Sunday, 9-14-03

No great shakes today. I managed to stay on plan Saturday (even w/ steak) and thus far today. I haven't worked out either day due to time and ambition issues. I worked today, not very busy, but I found things to do. Came home, at supper and washed dishes. That's all there is to it today.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:32 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally posted by alteaon
Leenie:

In answer to your q, I do Weight Watchers...I thought about Atkins but I'm not sure I could handle it. It fascinates me though.
Weight Watchers is a wonderful diet, if it works for you then stay with it and don't toy with other diets. You'd only wind up in trouble bouncing from diet to diet.

Good for you !!!

I must have done WW 5 or 6 times. I have a hard time keeping portions so small, its like a teeny bit of oatmeal in the morning only triggers me to want to eat all day long, so that in itself tells you how I am addicted to carbs and how they react in my body.

I've been on atkins since July 7th and so far so good, I feel great and I love the foods, but even so I have to keep a close eye on my calories or I won't lose...sigh~ One can never win lol

Cathy and I are logging in our daily foods on the food thread if anyone cares to join us, its really an eye opener.

TTYL, Love Me !!
Closed Thread