South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat for 10/12

Good morning, ladies. I've got less than an hour to go before I'm off for the weekend. I'm glad, too, b/c I have a headache that just came on suddenly. Plus I'm super duper tired.

Today I'm supposed to go to dinner w/ my friend, Varonika, and then we're going to go back to her house and watch Jersey Shore from this week and last week. Yes, I know, it's pathetic, LOL But we haven't had a chance to hang out since she got engaged, so hopefully it will be a chance for us to catch up, too.

So what does everybody else have planned for today???
Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Natasha, hope that headache hits the road fast. Your evening sounds fun, not pathetic! I've never seen Jersey Shore - I must check to see if we get it way up here.

Slept until after six again! I could get used to this. It's trash morning and the new improved Disney and I go to the vet for what I hope is her last anti-biotic shot for a while. I also have to pay my bill which I know will be large. Disney is managing her food quite well and I'm going to stop soaking it today. She chomped away on a biscuit yesterday - you just can't keep a good dog down!

Supposed to be rainy and cold this weekend so we will cozy down into the house. Finally it will be a quiet weekend and I intend to keep it that way. I'll be able to catch up on reading and maybe do a bit of cooking - for me, not for bake sales.

TGIF to us all.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Natasha - I don't think I ever said how much I love your new avatar pic! Hope you enjoy time with your friend.

Ruth - glad Disney is recovering so well! We have a stray that the boss is having me fix up Monday - he'll get neutered, and I would bet most of his teeth out - they are DISGUSTING. But, I get to practice all my new extraction stuff! WOO HOO!! (LOL) I hope your weekend stays quiet.

For me - a half day. DH decides today if he'll take the job - we found out they won't cover me on insurance if my boss will, which is disappointing (b/c I get the cash if she doesn't - so now I lose that!), but to me is still worth taking the job - he is so miserable there. Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm doing after work - maybe a hike if the weather is pretty. I probably should clean, but need to look up what "clean" means - I think I've forgotten .

WHOA! I made the coffee quite strong this am...
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Natasha, I hope you are taking care of your headache and getting some rest before you meet your friend for dinner and what sounds to be a fun weekend.

It's too cold to have coffee in the sunroom since the fireplace isn't on, so I'm curled up under a quilt on the couch. Brrrrrrr! We've been trying to hold off, but it may be time to turn on the heat, at least in the morning.

Once everyone is out of here I'm going to clean the house and start the laundry, and I'll probably spend the rest of the morning with mom & dad. Jake should be home by noon, then maybe we'll do something fun the rest of the day. For now, though, I'm going to savor my coffee and appreciate the fact that I don't have to rush off anywhere this morning.

What's everyone up to on this October Friday?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm heading off to NY for a quick visit with the folks. Meeting them for lunch then just an overnight and back home by dinner tomorrow. Should be interesting. I hope there are still some leaves on the trees in NY, ours have just about all come down. I'm going to enjoy my weekend because next week I'm out of town from Wed. afternoon until Saturday night working a convention in Burlington. At least I know where all the good restaurants and Co-op are so I should be able to manage my eating.

Need to pack and grab some breakfast. Happy Friday!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Quick check in...Dh is waiting for me. Pool today then travel back over. The high mtns are supposed to get snow tonight. The weather has been very nice and I'm sure I won't like getting back to the cold.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm trying ginger tea today, one of many home remedies to see if I can improve this reflux or whatever I have going on. Unfortunately many of my "go to" snacks and recipes have spices or ingredients that are not good for reflux and many recommended foods are those I avoid (hello, pasta and grains). Last night we put risers under the head of the bed. I want to do it all before I suck it up and see a doctor so he doesn't just tell me to do the same things!

Off to work at 11:00 then over to my mom's to help her with her PT and to stay until her hubby gets off work. MY DH is taking the early afternoon shift while I'm working. Hopefully by next weeks she'll be good to be home alone, particularly since I work the first three days then leave town.

Have a great one, everyone.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Natasha hope your headache goes away and enjoy your weekend off

Ruth yay for Disney

Tywnn that does stink that you cannot go under DH insurance

Cottage I already turned on our heat it is just too cold in the mornings otherwise and I am a wimp

Cyndi enjoy your time with your mom and dad

Debbie enjoy your trip over

Karen hope the tea helps out, good idea about the risers

Today is Friday whewhoo, I am gone all next week to a conference in Memphis and will be going by myself this time and I am looking forward to bit of alone time for myself.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi All. This week has been awful, and I was horrible yesterday. The stress of my dad's friend dying, work, a misunderstanding with a close friend, and a co-workers dad nearing the end made for a really bad day. I skipped lunch, which is never a good thing, and after work Taco Gringo was my go-to. Fortunately did not have a weight gain from it.

The only bright spot of the day was that we got to babysit our niece, Frankie, last night. Back on track today.... have a party tomorrow night and hoping to have OP foods there as well.

Anyway, hope you all are having a great day!

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frankie.jpg (25.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

WOW I am so incredibly late checking in. Busy day at work. Feeling a little run down. I wonder if TOM is ping to pay me a visit. if TOM could hold off until Monday I would be very grateful as we are biking 70 miles on Sunday. I will try to post some pics. Not sure how long it will take us to complete the ride. The boys will have to carry me some of the ride as I am the least experienced.

For all the ladies who have cleaning on the agenda you will feel better when it's done lol. I only have the bathrooms left before my friend Rick comes Wednesday. I know my eating and exercise will be off, but I will try my best to make the best choices I can. Haven't seen him in 10 years and some of my college buddies in close to 20. Just hope we don't end up eating Dominos pizza and drinking pitchers of beer like in college lol. I think I've aquired finer tastes
Old 10-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. About to hit the shower and get ready for dinner. Almost had to cancel my plans b/c they needed someone to work the Command Post out at the fair. I was looking forward to dinner, but I wasn't going to pass up a chance to make $20 an hour, LOL Someone else took it, though. I'm working out at the fair tomorrow night AND Sunday night, though.

Ruth - Jersey Shore is a definite train wreck, LOL This is the last season. It's run it's course, for sure. Glad Disney is feeling better.

Twynn - Thank you!!! Ugh, I need to clean, too...and get my stuff packed up and ready to sell or move to Massachusetts. Wish I had a job in MA to go along w/ it, though.

Cottage - Thanks. Headache is all gone now. AND my lip is even back to close to normal size now, LOL Ooh, gotta love those days when you can just relax and savor your coffee!!!

Cyndi - Hope you're having a good time in NY.

Lexxiss - Ahh, snow...I'm so jealous!!!

WaistingTime - Ouch!!! I hope you get some relief soon!!! Are you on any meds for your reflux??? I used to suffer everyday w/ it, to the point where I could wake up suffering even though I hadn't even had anything to eat or drink yet. I finally got put on Aciphex which helped me A LOT. I can tell if I miss a day, though.

Pearlrose - Thanks. Oooh, enjoy your alone time!!!

weezle - *hugs* Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Hope things are on the upswing for you now!!!

jekel - Holy crap, 70 miles!?!?!? You are awesome!!!

Alright ladies, have a good night!!!

Last edited by Natasha1534; 10-12-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Closed Thread