Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default oh I need some motivation!

I feel like CRAP. I have not been eating like I should. I mean, I am not eating horribly just not cutting out the calories to lose any weight. I see my goals failing and honestly I am only 4 pounds away from my next goal and I still have no motivation to get out there and get to work! I haven't exercised in a long time. I keep sneaking bites of food that I know isn't good for me.. the halloween candy and ice cream are taunting me. Two months ago I could care less about food. I feel almost like I am addicted! I am so tired of constantly thinking about it! I think maintaining my weight that I am at helps me keep that mind frame that is it ok to eat badly...

I need to just quit it and get my butt outside and work out! A huge factor is I always go with my husband...well, I think I have decided right now that I do not even care if he goes with me.. I am going. He can deal with the children! I am so tired of feeling this way!
I should be so proud of myself, I have made it past my half way goal but I look in the mirror and still see a fat person.. I still feel so ugly. I have a hard time dealing with my toddlers because they are well, toddlers.. I have NO energy. My back hurts whenever I am sleeping. Last night I got up at 4 am because I was in so much pain. I think it is maybe the lack of exercise!?

sorry this is all over the place.. I know I am a mess. I need to change that. I think I need to get rid of stress in my life because that surely isn't helping me at all. Any encouraging words? Tips!?
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/208/140

Height: 5'4

I got on here to write a post explaining how I feel... and it is the exact way you feel. We just need to do it. We can do it, but we aren't because WE are holding ourselves back.

Today was suppose to be a new start for me. Last year I lost 30 lbs and got down to 200 but now I am back at like 235-240ish. I ate bad last night with the intention of starting good today but instead ate the left over chinese and chocolate cookies. I feel somewhat sick and gross... and just like a failure.

Your progress motivates me. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks but that is nobodys fault but mine.

Lets do this!
111707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #3  

Oh you are awesome! It was nice to read that I am not alone in this! I do not understand why it is so hard to fall back into old ways. I know I am bad, the only thing that I have ate off plan today was a bite of my kids slice of pizza.. wth is wrong with me? but you are right! We just need to DO this! Wipe the slate clean..who cares about tomorrow, we need to do this right now!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #4  
new fat girl in town lol

S/C/G: 331/331/185

Height: 5'6

I need help a.s.a.p i have never been skinny but i now what time for a change i feel like my life is passing me by Oh God send me someone to help motivate me
Misserica2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #5  

Misserica, you can do it! Just know that you are totally not alone..a lot of people have issues losing weight. You really just have to remain focused and on plan . I find that eating mainly a vegetarian diet helps me out so much. Meat is full of fat and other things that really just are not good for you and the leaner cuts tend to be more expensive as well. When we do eat meat we eat chicken breast and turkey . I exercise everyday. I jog/run but in the beginning of my lifestyle change I started walking. I walked for 30 minutes to a hour each day.. it makes you feel SO good to exercise. Not only are you losing weight but you are also improving your mood as well. Start off at something you know that you can do, do not go unrealistic!
I know lots of people suggest not weighing in everyday.. I however saw it as a great helper because I knew what I did was working.. It is amazing to see the scale drop. You just have to know that it took a long time to put your weight on.. it will not come off over night. If you look at the scale and it did not move, do not be discouraged. If it went up a pound or two.. and you may have strayed away from your diet you can see it!
These are all of the things I have done.. they worked for me

I went on my longest jog yet yesterday!!! It felt great! I had no back pain this morning either. I am gonna go every week day from now on.. It totally improved my mood too and I notice today it helping me stay on plan! Now if only I could not get any more colds from my son. That is what threw me off plan to begin with.. then I got lazy lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #6  
new fat girl in town lol

S/C/G: 331/331/185

Height: 5'6

Hi hunni ty so much do you know any good meal plans its hard for me being in the south where everything is battered and fried
Misserica2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #7  

I am also in the south So yeah I know how it is. I make my own food. If I do not make my own food subway is a great way to eat out without having the bad calories. When I go there I get the turkey breast on wheat with american cheese tomatoes cucumber and spinach. No mayo.. you could use fat free mayo and go without the cheese. Look at the nutritional chart there..
As far as at home.. like I said I eat vegetarian most days. I love this product called Quorn fake meatless grounds. I like making spaghetti, tacos, chili..anything that you would use ground hamburger meat it. Basically it is ground up mushrooms.. I hate mushrooms but I love that stuff. My husband can not even tell half of the time if I used them or real meat! The trick is to only use half of the bag in your meal and include things that have a lot of moisture so it can soak up the flavor. I can give you some of the recipes I use.. Other than that you can also use ground turkey in place of ground hamburger meat.. portion your food as well.. Count your calories. You can look up a calorie counter online or simply go to your doctor to figure out how many calories a woman needs for your weight and size. Just google "how many calories does a woman need" and it should come up with all kinda calorie counters. Look for one that includes your gender, height and current weight..those are the best ones.
I eat a lot of special K (portioned out of course with skim milk)
I have changed all of my dairy products to fat free or 2%.
I stick to a 1,600 calorie a day diet. That is for my weight and size and approved by a doctor.. you may need more or less. It also says the same online when I looked it up
I am in no way a expert.. these are just the things that I have done and so far I have gone from 240 (in march 2012) to 171 today (10/11/12). I feel amazing.. I still have a lot more to lose but it takes time I am sure others here have amazing advice as well.. Remember going to the doctor is also important to rule out any other conditions you may have and it is good that they approve the diet that you have set out for yourself
Old 10-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash2007 View Post
I love this product called Quorn fake meatless grounds. I like making spaghetti, tacos, chili..anything that you would use ground hamburger meat it. Basically it is ground up mushrooms.. I hate mushrooms but I love that stuff.
I'll have to look into this as I love mushrooms of all types. Fingers crossed that it's available in Canada.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote