Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default I am leaving on a jet planeeeeeeee

I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a happy weekend!!

I will be in Daytona Beach, Florida with my honey so I am going to be having a WONDERFUL time!!

I hope that I haven't gained 10 pounds by the time I return on Tuesday, but if I do I don't think I will care!!
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Have a blast!
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #3  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Have a great time!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #4  
Tired Of Just Surviving

It was an amazing trip but not nearly long enough. He will be here in December and that seems like forever away.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Glad you had a good time.

I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship. You are a stronger woman than I Hubby was in the Army before we got married, he has talked about going back to the National Guard... I have promised him some nice shiny papers in the mailbox if he does..lol. Ok I really wouldn't do that, but if the Army was in his plans we wouldn't have had 4 kids.. more like 2. I couldn't handle the insanity of all 4 by myself for more than the 10-12 hours a day he is gone at work.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #6  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingfawn View Post
Glad you had a good time.

I don't think I could handle a long distance relationship. You are a stronger woman than I Hubby was in the Army before we got married, he has talked about going back to the National Guard... I have promised him some nice shiny papers in the mailbox if he does..lol. Ok I really wouldn't do that, but if the Army was in his plans we wouldn't have had 4 kids.. more like 2. I couldn't handle the insanity of all 4 by myself for more than the 10-12 hours a day he is gone at work.
Well I by know means enjoy handling a long distance relationship but when you have no other options at the time you do the best you can with the situation you are presented with.

Skype, text messaging and multiple daily phone calls make it a lot more bearable that I imagine it use to be for people in the same situation, but not any easier.

He will be arriving here on December 28th and staying for 2 or 3 weeks and will be moving here permanently before July of next year I am so very happy with my life and where it is going now.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #7  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Yay have an awesome weekend with your sweetie! Also good to hear he is moving to where you are in July!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSteps View Post
Well I by know means enjoy handling a long distance relationship but when you have no other options at the time you do the best you can with the situation you are presented with.

Skype, text messaging and multiple daily phone calls make it a lot more bearable that I imagine it use to be for people in the same situation, but not any easier.
I've been in that exact same situation, Belinda. As difficult as it is, when you two are meant to be together the waiting is so worth it. I met my husband online in 2005 and we started out as just friends. We didn't start dating until late 2006 when we realized our feelings had clearly evolved into something more. I still remember the long-distance aspect being one of the most difficult parts of my life; I was in Wisconsin and he was in Nevada. He actually sent me a cell phone and put me on his plan so we could have unlimited minutes and text messages. After a short trip to ensure we connected in RL, we planned and saved so I could move to Vegas in the fall of 2007. Three years later, we decided it time to get married.

Starting my life over with him was the best decision I've ever made, and I've never looked back.

Good luck to you. Have fun when he visits in December and hang in there until July!

Last edited by Elladorine; 10-10-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: bad grammar, lol
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #9  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Elladorine, I didn't know you live in Las Vegas also! Cool!!

I met my s/o (Steve) online almost two and a half years ago on Facebook playing a popular online game. It started out quite innocently and we were just friends (though he tells me now he has loved me since the moment he met me). I would get a "poke" from him now and then and we would comment on each others posts. He was a nice southern gentleman, also caring for his ailing mother. In January of this year our relationship took a turn, I was frustrated with my marriage, my job, my mother, my life and we started chatting online and exchanged phone numbers and began texting. Sometime in April I finally agreed to let him call me and I have been in love with him ever since. In August of this year he added me to his cellphone plan and got me a phone and got us unlimited calls and text messaging which believe me we USE!!

The 2250 miles between us is a temporary obstacle and at this time we really aren't sure how we are proceeding with us both with ailing mothers. But love always finds a way.

Last edited by SmallSteps; 10-10-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #10  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Sounds so familiar!

My husband and I started chatting through IM because some drawings I had posted caught his eye. It was also innocent enough for us, neither he nor I were looking to date anyone at the time; I was still with my ex and he didn't want to interfere with that. Funny how it all turned out though.

Hey, maybe we could grab lunch or something one of these days? Something healthy of course. We could talk about SO's and weight loss.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #11  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
Sounds so familiar!
Hey, maybe we could grab lunch or something one of these days? Something healthy of course. We could talk about SO's and weight loss.
This sounds like an excellent plan! I will private message you my email address and maybe we can set something up.