South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekend Beach Chat for October 6th & 7th

Good Saturday morning, ladies!!! I am w/in an hour of getting to leave work and my rear is drooping, so I'm firing up the Weekend Chat thread to keep myself awake.

Really wish I hadn't had to work tonight as my niece texted me and asked if I wanted to go to the fair w/ her. I don't think I've really mentioned it here, but I haven't been allowed to see her since Thanksgiving of last year. I really wish I could've taken her up on her offer...I miss her a lot.

Hopefully the rest of you have more exciting plans than I do for the weekend. My plans are sleep, work, sleep, and then work again...maybe some gym time thrown in at some point (not this morning, though, as my head is ready to hit the pillow ASAP).
Old 10-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #2  

P.S. Check the new avy...my hair is getting super duper long!!! It's the longest I've had it since middle school. And yes, since it seems to be the most common question, that IS a Star Wars shirt, LOL

Last edited by Natasha1534; 10-06-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Natasha, I noticed the new hair yesterday and didn't comment. I love it - lookin' great, Girl! Sleep well.

Another bad night of tossing, turning and fretting for me. I am such a worry-wart about things I can't change - like today's pouring rain which is going to dampen the Thanksgiving celebrations at the Mill. I was also fussing about having folks for dinner Monday when I must finish up accounting stuff or be in deep poop with Revenue Canada. I'm about to send everyone an email cancelling out. (Phoning would be better but I don't have the time today.) It's probably just as well as Disney's dental surgery is re-scheduled for Tuesday morning at 8 and she needs a quiet day.

Need to get some things underway before I crank up the day - yesterday's laundry is still wet so that'll be first. I have to be at the Mill with the floats for the sale at 8 and then drop in to the Church yard sale for a few hours. This afternoon will be supervising the Silent Auction and selling off whatever remains of our baking and produce. Early bed tonight.

So tell me what's going on down your stretch of The Beach?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Natasha, your new hair style looks great on you! That's too bad that you couldn't go out with your niece, but I hope you'll be able to do something together soon.

Ruth, I'm glad you called off your dinner plans for Monday so you can work on that accounting stuff and finally, finally, be done with it. This has been really weighing you down for so long and will be an immense relief. I hope the rain doesn't put too much of a damper on today's Thanksgiving celebrations and the Bake Sale.

Rain is due here later today, but it's supposed to be sunny and warm the first part of the day. Jake and I are about to leave for breakfast at Shady Maple Smorgasbord, then off to Myerstown for their big craft fair. I look forward to this every year on the first Saturday in October, mainly because it's a beautiful drive up there with the leaves starting to turn.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm a little slow moving this morning. Been up for a couple of hours but only managed to toss laundry in and drink coffee so far. Of course I have along list for my day off.

Natasha - I noticed the hair right away. It looks great. How do you like it? I'm still trying to decide whether or not mine is just too needy

Ruth- Sounds like a little less on the calendar is a very good thing. Hope there's time for dog petting and maybe a scotch.

Cottage - Enjoy the drive. The leaves are just gorgeous around here right now.

The rain keeps thwarting my apple picking plans. I may just go buy a couple of bags to dry.

Time to get a move on that list.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Another crazy morning at work, but it makes the time pass quickly. Natasha I too love your new do!! Comparing with your profile pictures, you look 10 years younger!!! Cyndi, I can relate, my main is like wearing a wool blanket with the texture and style of steel wool lol. I may win the weightless battle, but I surrender to the hair battle. At least now there are products and flat irons that make me look somewhat presentable. I've spent $$$$ getting Japanese straightening, Brazilian, OTC and anything else I could get my hands on! Now I blow it straight, but leave it curly on the hot summer days.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Natasha - My Star Wars shirt is in the dryer. Our wedding recessional was Vitamin String Quartet's rendition of the Cantina Song, and our grand entrance at the reception was the throne room medal ceremony song and end credits. Geek And Proud. Your hair looks amazing! I just chopped mine off yesterday. My mom asked me last night "why is it women always cut their hair after they get married?" I said "because my hair stylist wouldn't let me cut it for 2 years to grow it out for the wedding!"

So I suck. I fell off the wagon and D'Arcy's was involved. Nuff said. Today I'm doing a Ph 1.5 and trying to hydrate after all the sodium last night. Going to try and practice self-control and moderation tomorrow at October Italian Birthday Feast #1. I think I may be able to do it this time because I keep trying to remind myself that if we're getting together every few weeks for another birthday and/or holiday, the food WILL be there again, so I don't need to have a heaping pile of EVERYTHING each time.

Monday is Food Day at work and I'm taking Stuffed Pepper Soup for a healthy alternative. Making it with soy crumbles, so hopefully not a lot of it will get eaten and I'll have leftovers for Anna and me for a few days.

Well, slow start for me today. I've put a good dent into the laundry but am still working on ingesting coffee before taking a shower and heading to the store. I hope everyone else has a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 10-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #8  

Good afternoon, ladies. Just starting my work day, waiting for the GA/SC game to start. SC is going to be out to beat us, no doubt, so I hope my boys have their heads in the game today.

Ruth - Thanks!!! Sorry you had a sleepless night...but I'm glad that you went ahead and canceled your dinner plans. I am the type of person that I hate hate HATE to cancel once I've made plans, but sometimes you just have to do it to keep yourself sane. I think that's understandable.

Cottage - Thanks!!! I hate that I couldn't go out w/ my niece. I got to see her for about 5 minutes on my birthday, but that was only b/c I went up to her workplace and her mama and daddy didn't know about it. Meh, anyway, that's another subject. Sounds like you've got a nice day planned. Have fun!!!

Cyndi - I absolutely LOVE having my hair this way now. Now if I could just move my hairstylist in w/ me so she could make it look like that for me every day. She gave me the brand names for the good quality flat irons so I can straighten it as well as she does...now to actually ORDER one of them, LOL It IS more maintenance than my short hair was however my bedhead is not nearly as frightening AND at least now I have the option of a ponytail day when needed.

jekel - 10 years younger??? Have I told you lately that you're my favorite person in the world??? LOL Thanks!!! I hae been doing similar to you, straightening it on some days and, on others, just accenting my natural curls. Unfortunately the humidity here in Georgia can make my hair go from fabulous to fuzzball in less than an hour. Blech!!!

weezle - LOL That's awesome!!! One of my really good friends is a complete Star Wars geek...for his birthday I sent him a huge Darth Vader eraser that I found at Wal-mart, LOL Funny, I was just talking to my hairstylist when I got my hair done b/c she doesn't do brides or prom hair. I said "so, when I get married, I'm going to have to trick you into doing my hair?" She said "no, you won't have to trick me. I don't just do it for anybody."

Wow, it took me FOREVER to type this response b/c we just got our rears handed to us at work.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning hope everyone is enjoying their day. Oh wait it's only 7:12! Ruth has probably worked at the mill, organized a huge community event and canned some more veggies today lol I really love reading how active everyone is and how your days are filled with interesting, fun and often challenging events. Very inspirational.

Natasha, your posts always make me laugh. I bought two baby bliss flat irons last year (it was a package deal to support breast cancer awareness) Also, a "professional" hair dryer is a must. I splurged several years ago on a Solano, worth every penny. I can even send it in for a tune up! I ordered the flat irons through Amazon (professional products usually have longer cords which is great and heat to 450) YES I can cook eggs on my flat iron! NY humidity is horrendous in the summer too.

What happened at work?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

BBL!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Time got away from me this morning plus I've had poor internet. I have 10 mins to be at work and must run....fortunately I'm dressed and have had my smoothie!

Enjoy your Sunday, all!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, everyone - soccer again today. DD1 still lounging, as she only played yesterday, but DD2 is on the field for the third game of the weekend. It seems like the last games of the day will be rained out, but I am just hoping they get the 9:30 one played without getting soaked.

Today? Food plan for the week as phase 1.5 is officially starting, which for me means EITHER an apple a day OR a whole wheat something - usually pita toasted and dipped in hummus or tzatziki. YUM!! Oh - and vacuuming. LOTS of vacuuming.

Be well!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I swear I was in here this morning but maybe that was a brain fart. Been to Church with wee Jazz who was a delight as usual. His friend Charlie ... less so as he started to lift his leg on a pumpkin during the service. Interception happened in time and he was most ashamed.

On the list today: do the final count of the Mill Festival money (over $3K on the bake sale!), get it to the bank depository and then trundle off to Kemptville, 45 minute drive, for TD dinner with my son's outlaws. I'm hoping to be home early enough to share a glass of wine with my Village "family" before an early bed.

Glorious sunny and cool fall day. I'm planning to "sop it up with a biscuit" as my friend Jane says.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
What happened at work?
The fair is in town and, b/c of the concert that was going on interfering w/ the internet connection, the computers in the command post went down. So in addition to my regular console I also had to monitor the units at the fair and enter all their calls for them. And, of course, that's when it picks to be busy here as well, LOL
Closed Thread