View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
twinieten
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh my gosh, all I can think is how much fun you're going to have when you get it off. Because I'm having a great time, but I'm married and in my 40s! I feel so good about myself, and I feel like I wasted too much time being fat and feeling bad about myself when I was young.

I feel bad that you aren't having a fun time at college. College is hard. It's a lot more difficult making friends than high school, and you really have to throw yourself out there and get involved in stuff to really get to know people.

So maybe in order to break out of your shell, do what the others suggested. Get involved in like minded activities. Is there a Weight Watchers group on your campus? Is there walking groups or academic clubs? Check out Meetup.com. If there's no group that appeals to you, maybe you can start one, and meet other young ladies at your school who are also interested in weight loss.

I know it's really hard juggling academics with work and exercise, but you have to try to get that physical activity back in to your life. You lost the weight before doing cross country. Where I went to college, we had "the mall". It was a large grassy area and you'd always find people running around it, jogging or walking their dogs. Is there anything like that where you are?

Don't let your size hold you back. Don't let the idea of people laughing at you stop you. They probably won't even pay any attention to you.

[/B]

Last edited by twinieten; 10-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote