Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/265/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Picking yourself back up and trying again... it's NEVER too late!

I've been struggling for way too dang long with yo-yo dieting. I just started trying to lose weight again and wouldn't ya know it, my future mother-in-law decided to take my fiancé and I out to my favorite restaurant for dinner last night. I was very grateful, but also pretty frustrated because I knew there was nooo way I could hold myself back. I seriously pigged out. Really bad. Like twice the calories I should have been eating, probably. I woke up this morning with a different mindset than I've ever felt confident enough to have. Unlike the feeling of failure I used to have after those situations, I told myself "So I messed up. Practice makes perfect, and I can and WILL pick up the pieces and keep on moving forward!" I went into the kitchen, I measured out my breakfast, then I then put everything else away before eating so I couldn't overeat. Out of sight, out of mind. I just thought I'd share that with everyone in hopes that others who struggle with portion control may gain some hope. Best wishes, y'all!
KatieBabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/265/150

Height: 5'9"

Please excuse the extra "then". I don't know what happened there. Haha...
KatieBabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #3  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

That's a great mindset to have! We are only human, and have to forgive ourselves from time to time.

There's been extended family members in town lately, which for me and my family means getting together and eating. I find it helpful to plan what I'm going to eat ahead of time by looking up the menu online when I know I'm going to go out. Most chain restaurants even have nutrional info available online so that helps take the guesswork out of how many calories there are in each dish.

Best of luck to you!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #4  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

i think that weightloss is really an issue of forgiving yourself, moving on and trying your best, not just say in day out, but one minute at a time.

if your head and heart are in the right place, then you will have great successes!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

We all mess up, sometimes badly! I blogged about that very thing last night. The key to success is continuing on and NEVER quitting. Even a bunch of screw ups aren't the end of the world, so long as you don't decide to STAY there and get back on the horse, instead. Persistence and sheer stubbornness is my key to maintenance, as much as some plain old vigilance. Works for me!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #6  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

PPs have said it best, all of us will mess up we just have to get back into our groove and make it happen for us! Just learn from pitfalls the best that you can, understand no one is perfect and that you can do this!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #7  

I dont ever post in here but I really wanted to say that just seeing the title of this thread picks me up and makes me feel very positive in general, so to that I really thank you!
And this is great that you could view this situation for what it is, an occasional treat with family, go you!
AlwaysTryintoLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I have been slowly slipping all summer. I quit counting calories in July when we went for our vacation to a rustic resort with all meals provided and limited internet access. There went my LoseIt and Fitbit habits, both tethered to the net. After that I struggled to get the mindset back, but a series of cookouts and other food related events threw me off the wagon. I came back here today, deciding that the only way to get back into this was to make myself accountable for falling. And what is the first thread I see? This one! I think it's a sign. I am terrified to weigh myself, so my ticker is not up to date. One thing at a time. Thank you KatieBabyy for starting this thread!
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #9  

I am terrified to weigh myself, so my ticker is not up to date. if your head and heart are in the right place, then you will have great successes!
linasalvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I agree with this 100%. I've messed up so many times, but each time I tell my self the same thing, and moved on. Because of that I've managed to stick to this diet longer than I have ever been able to stick to something.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #11  

Probably the most common myths about weight loss is you must quit all your favorite meals and snacks permanently. Fortunately, this really is nowhere close to the truth. The secret to losing individuals unwanted weight is simply by moderating the total number of food you take in, also called portion control. Understanding portion control is very important almost everyone has no clue the amount of a particular food they ought to be eating.

Check this video for more information.
youtube.com/watch?v=X-6HBtz2upk
skylemonia is offline   Reply With Quote