Old 10-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default October Roll Call

Check in when you are on the forum and say Hi!!
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Great idea! I'm here for my morning checkin, posting what I'm doing today, what workout I'm supposed to do {since I've posted it I actually have to do it, right}, and to see what everyone else has to say, and what they are up to.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #3  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Great idea! I'm here for my morning checkin, posting what I'm doing today, what workout I'm supposed to do {since I've posted it I actually have to do it, right}, and to see what everyone else has to say, and what they are up to.
Good to see you today!!
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #4  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Bonjour! I'm checking in for the day, glad we are bringing more life to this forum!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #5  
Becoming A Better Me

hello ladies~
just getting done with a partial workout at the Y. gotta stop by my daughters school tosign papers n pick my son up at votech, take him home then come back to the Y to do a skype interview with tv producer ugh wish me luck im sooooo nervous!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #6  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hello everyone! Great idea for a thread.

I'm sitting here having my morning smoothie. I'm a little late in having my breakfast since I had to run some early morning errands. I stopped at the dollar store on the way home and some pretty/spooky Halloween-themed costume jewelry caught my eye!

Yes, random I know. But I've been feeling better lately and thought it would be fun to wear more jewelry like I did when I was younger. You can't really tell from the photo, but the red eye is a rhinestone that sparkles.

I'm on day 215 of my reboot plan. I've had good and bad moments, but I'm going the right direction in losing about a pound a week. So, so glad I decided to start a day planner to record my meals last March, which has really helped me stay on top of eating better. I'm looking forward to seeing what my progress will be next March so I can truly understand the saying, "One year from now, you'll be glad you started today."

Oh, and here's a photo of my day planner with my octopus!

Why the octopus? Well, it's a contest someone in my TOPS group came up with. She made a yarn octopus for everyone, and for the first week we each got to take one home and decorate it however we wanted. I made a top hat and cape for mine. We brought them back the next week and she explained; we get a small prize for every black (non-gain) weigh-in for the duration of the contest. But if we have a red (gain) weigh-in, we must provide a food chart for the week. No food chart? She cuts a leg off! Since I always log my food it's a non-issue and my octopus still has all her legs. But some have pulled out of the contest since they don't want to be cutting up their new little friend!

Here are some of the other ones:

It's amazing how we've all gotten attached to our octopi! Mine has become my little mascot, sitting on my kitchen table and watching me as I eat. Motivation comes from strange places! At my last meeting I was declared best loser of the week, month, and quarter! Methinks all my hard work is paying off.

Ok, enough of my ramblings. Hope everyone is having a wonderful time staying on-plan!

Last edited by Elladorine; 10-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #7  

Hey everyone Nothing much scheduled for me today, may go out tonight though.

Elladorine, that necklace is awesome! I love cameo jewelry.
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Howdy!! I have to be at work in an hour, so just a quick stop in to update things. Have a terrific Friday!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #9  

Did my workout and having a late lunch. I just read Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salad, so I'm trying the 'many mini meals a day with protein/carb balance' method. I've tried the mini meals but not the 'balance' part. One thing I like about this is I'm always eating, food addicts dream!

Elladorine, remind me what TOPS is? Your octopi is cute.

Joy, you sound busy!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #10  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkfit View Post
Elladorine, that necklace is awesome! I love cameo jewelry.
Thanks! I about flipped when I saw it, couldn't believe it was only a dollar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Elladorine, remind me what TOPS is? Your octopi is cute.
Thanks! TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly, and is a non-for-profit organization. I'm co-leader of my local chapter, and we have weekly meetings where we weigh-in, have programs, take part in contests, and discuss every aspect of weight loss in a supportive, positive manner. It's cheap to be a member and you're free to follow any plan. And before I sound too much like a commercial, if you're interested in checking them out you can look up chapters in your area on their website.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #11  
Becoming A Better Me

whew! thats all done! not sure where the interview will go now guess just have to wait n see. kids r gone for the night n hubby is going to his 2nd job at cousins so its just me n the dogs n peace n quiet (a rarity)! i swear im busier just being a stay at home mom again then when i worked full-time! but i always make time for 3FC yall keep me motivated n focused on ME! belinda thanx sweety for gettin things moving again... great job jumping in ladies! luv it!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #12  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

elladorine, I love the octopi. And, like you, I'm trying to wear more jewelry. I bought some neat little pendants but need some good chains to go with them.

Here's some random: I just saw some ad for a movie with Queen Latifah in it. I think she's beautiful! I've seen her on the Letterman show many times and she always exudes confidence and warmth. I have quite the girl crush on her.

Anyway, have a great weekend everybody!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #13  
Becoming A Better Me

steph, i agree about queen shes such an awesome woman, beautiful, talented, full of life!
ella, love the cameo! the other things r adorable too but the cameo wins out lol! ur expecting 1 thing n surprise lol id love to find a piece like that!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #14  

Enjoyin, I'm recording it as well. I think it has the potential to be hysterical.

Elladorine, Thanks, I knew TOPS sounded familar.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #15  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Afternoon everyone, it's just turned Saturday pm here.

I'm relaxing after a lie-in after Irish dancing last night - third time I've been and I'm noticing the energy boost it gives me, which is awesome! Only problem is that it makes it hard to get to sleep afterwards.

In a bit I'll be cracking on with the household chores, and stuff for work next week. Have a great weekend all!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote