Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers ~ October

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and hope it's Ok and not "too forward" to initiate the continuance of the theme of the Christian Encourager thread for October as I skimmed old threads and they looked good, it's the end of the day and I'd like to check in with accountability for today but don't see a thread yet for October. I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Here's my check in:
Oct 1--Day 1 of the victorious remaining 3 months of 2012--leaving the past behind, especially the food struggles of this summer--and pressing forward towards progress and the success ahead that God has waiting for me--IN HIS STRENGTH.

Wt: 166.4 (aiming to get back to my ideal weight range of the 130s)

Exercise today:
Morning: 30 mins peppy rebounding then 30 mins brisk walk
Afternoon: 10 mins scooter kicking my legs back as far as I can (times two for trip to and from the pharmacy--20 min total)

I juice fasted today--drinking lots of carrot juice, green juices, and water all day--not sure, might juice fast a couple days or just today--haven't decided yet, am desiring to get back on track with my healthy living goals and back to my 100% raw vegan food plan that works very well for me. I've eaten a lot of junk lately and want to get that out of my system and back to just building my body up with exclusively wholesome, nourishing foods in moderation.

Today I reviewed some of the great principles from "Made to Crave"--(I highly reccommend the book if you haven't read it):
“Go-To” scripts on pp 215-216 of “Made to Crave: Satisfying your deepest desire with God. not food”" by Lysa Terkeurst (Direct quotes from the book below):

"I was made for more than to be stuck in a vicious cycle of defeat."

Deut 2:3
“You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.”

"When I am considering a compromise, I will think past this moment and ask
myself, “How will I feel about this choice tomorrow morning?”

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
whom you have received from God? You are not your own: you were ought at a
price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Cor 6:19-20
FLSonShineGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SONSHINEGIRL ~ and thanks for starting our new October thread. Best wishes for your good health journey ...

Welcome to the month of OCTOBER everyone ~ ours started with some lovely and warmer temps. It was a wonderful day to go out for lunch and to get some more shopping in too. My eating has been great all weekend and today as well, so starting the new month off very well too.

We had steak & stir-fry veggies & salad for dinner tonight. Then tonight the air was so lovely that I went out for a 30+ minute walk around the neighbourhood, pushing myself to go just a tad bit further each time.

LAURA ~ those September stats were fabulous; best wishes for your goals in October too.

BARGOO ~ thanks for that info about Breast Cancer Awareness month and the hair cuts too. GOD bless JCPenny for their generosity!

Hope we all have a very successful October ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Welcome FLSonShineGirl! Thanks for getting the thread started.

I started October with a 1 pound loss. I was going through some issues and got off my eating plan. I did a 36 hour then 24 hour fasting/prayer. I think I have my eating and emotional hunger under control.

I don't know how personal this board is, so I will wait and maybe share more later. I follow a clean diet. Fruits/veggies/whole grains/mostly lean meats, water. Occasional treat. I am reading The Sonoma Diet and The Duke Diet (flipping through them) to see if these will give me any more insight on a healthier eating plan. I don't want to go on any diet that eliminates any category of natural food. God made food and I am gong to eat it to fuel my body.

Sounds like we are already starting October in a positive manner!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 AM   #4  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Thanks Rosebud, I am pretty proud of those stats. I am also so proud that I put on a dress from the back of my closet that I haven't fit into in a couple years and... it fit! It's snug but zipped all the way up and I looked like a sexy retro pin-up girl in it! It's a size 20 very form-fitting dress. 3 months ago I was buying stretchy 4x clothes or 26W. I can't wait till my fiance sees me in it!

Today was good. Food was great. Workout was even better. I had a long, hard workout. 5 hours! Did 19.5 miles and burned 4018 calories. I'm tired in a good way and feel so good. Nice way to start off a new month. Take care everyone and God bless.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome FlSonShineGirl and good luck.
Laura, you are doing great.
Ann, I am a calorie counter, flexible, reliable and just eating nutritious food but watching how many calories I eat.
Rosebud, I am trying to walk more, too, yesterday when I was going to walk it was 100 degrees , so I came back into my AC apt.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #6  

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Way to go on all the progress around here! Keep up the good work!

Bargoo, I too am a breast cancer survivor. I have my free JC Penny appt tomorrow, thx fopr the info--sooooo happy to have enough hair to cut again!

October: a month of new beginnings--
Day 1: 166.4
Day 2: 163.6

Exercise:
30 mins peppy rebounding, 30 mins biking up and down streets with a mild incline
2nd day juice fasting:
1 1/2 qt carrot juice, 1 1/2 qt green juice, 1 qt water
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ well, we went from warm & day to one very overcast, damp feeling, and cold, so we decided to do indoor stuff today. DH swept floors, while I did some laundry and changed the linens on the bed. Then I washed all the floors by myself! Hey, I'm getting stronger, I think. I spent the afternoon doing some more mending and got lots done. So, I had a very productive day.

Felt good all day today. Ate really well; we had leftover chicken, but I added some new potatoes, a sweet potato, and some broccoli/cauliflower as well. Have some leftover veggies for another day or for a soup.

DH was doing better for a day or so, but it seems every time he falls asleep a bit too early, he is confused upon waking. Tonight he was trying to nail both ends of the dogs rope to the posts becuz he thought the dog got off the rope by himself (actually, he did it but just couldn't remember). Guess who he's mad at right now? Me, for taking the hammer away ... I tried explaining it to him but it just wouldn't sink in, so he's going to bed now -- maybe.

I am continuing to pray that GOD will fill his heart and mind and soul with love and peace and joy each day and night; and that his angels will protect him while he is away from home, esp on his bike or when he wanders a bit. So far, he keeps coming back home -- phew! Thank you, GOD.

I did so much around the house today that I didn't walk outside today, but maybe tomorrow will be nicer. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-02-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #8  
Laura

Smile

Hi everyone. Just a quick hello tonight. I'm extra tired from working out. I watched my lil nephew during the day today and then did a later workout. Did a lil over 3 hours of cardio and it was a very tough workout. Tried a new class (at the urging of my fave yoga instructor) It's the toughest class I've ever done. It's called RIPPED and it was at least 20% tougher than Zumba. Holy moly. I had yoga right after that so I am gonna sleep like the dead tonight.

Tomorrow is my strength test. I'm excited!

Thursday I'm driving up to see my hunny for the weekend. He did a comic book with a friend of his (who is a professional comic book artist) and they have a launch party for their comic book on Sun nite. It'll be fun.

Nite guys, I'm ready for bed!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #9  
Quit counting at 45!

I can finally report a loss! I'm down 2 lbs this week. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm making a lifestyle change and not going on a diet. The weight is coming off slowly but it is coming off!

Not much time to post today but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #10  
Rosebud

Jeepers, I just typed a whole post and it disappeared into la-la-land; that has been happening a lot lately. Arrrgh!!! So I start again ...

WILMA ~ Yeah -- congrats on that 2 lbs !!!

LAURA ~ I bet you did sleep well last night after all that. Are you taking THE dress with you to visit your fiance??? What kind of comic book did your fiance & friend make -- comedy, adventure, action, or what?

We had glorious all day today -- it was so beautiful so I spent a lot of time outdoors and hung out some blankets on the line too. Eating is going well this week; felt a bit hungrier today but still stayed on plan. I went for another extra walk around the neighbourhood today; felt a bit tired but pushed myself to finish it anyways -- sometimes that's a victory in itself.

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday tomorrow; boy, this week seemed to go by fast. Probably becuz we were more busy than usual with the nicer weather too. Better get this posted before it disappears on me ...
Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #11  

It was a partial 3rd day of juice fasting--had carrot juice and water up until supper then salad with big variety of veggies, no dressing, and vegetable soup for supper, bananas and apples for snack.

Go, Laura, GO on all that great exercise! That dress is not going to be snug for long--good for you that now it fits.

Wilma, woohoo on 2 pounds biting the dust!

Rosebud, I'm sorry that your husband is having problems with confusion. That's hard.
Great job sticking to your program.

Ann, I'm glad the emotional eating is under good control now.

G'night!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

FlsonShineGirl! It is wonderful you are here. I got up made 5 dozen cookies for my mechanic and crew and my husband was sick ,so stayed home for him. I worked hard all day moving and unpacking marking to sale items for him. I have right now 5 dozen cookies starring at me , I am very unhappy hope I can go to sleep. I first want to study some and then go to bed, helps me to read before I go to bed. I had a big day today , was going to go pick up a friend and go run around then meet a group of friends for Dinner. Take those cookies to my mechanic for the other guys that work for him said he loves cookies hope so, think they do too. When your husband is sick he comes first though. Rosebud praying for your dear husband, it is so hard I know for him but for you too.
Wilma that is wonderful! I had lost then went with hubby for his birthday and I did not like what I was served so ate small bit and passed over the icecream , nothing tasted good and ate half my breakfast for it did not taste good , and I gained 7 pounds! I did drink a lot lost it in 2 days then yesterday went out with hubby and gained 2 pounds, back . I really need to learn how to eat out and choose the right thing.

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-03-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #13  
Laura

finally I lost 3 pounds. For two weeks I stayed the same. I did lose a lotta inches in Sept but I'm glad to know the scale is finally willing to budge.

got a 4 hr workout in today trying to make the most of today since I'm driving up tomorrow to be with my fiance this weekend. I'll prolly come home Mon. It's TOM which made my workout extremely uncomfortable. Cramps and backache are no fun.

did great on my strength test. I'm lifting at more than double what I was lifting 10 weeks ago.

I'm tired and ready for bed, and I still have to pack. Nite all.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I haven't been here in a while, but I realized today that this is where I need to be not only for getting support but also for giving it. I do need to go back and read what has been going on in y'alls lives since I was here last and I'm on the run today. I just wanted to check in and make the commitment to be here support y'all with prayer etc and I know y'all will do the same for me.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Trish good to see ya! I to had been gone for a while , it is strange how we are lead back.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote