Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default ReGainers ReLosing in October ~ Get it off again!

This is a thread for support and encouragement for all of us who find we have regained some of the weight we worked so hard to lose the first time.

We did it once we can do it again!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #2  

Yes! Good luck to all of us, again!
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Right on -- hope your October is even better than September was. I ate too much popcorn the other night; paid with upset system today. Am better now but learned a good lesson; too much popcorn isn't good for me. Tonight had nice roast chicken dinner; and baked some muffins & tea loaves for DH for the week.

This last day of September, we had lovely all day and it was fairly warm too. It actually felt more like a summer day. Still nice to have some sun again after all the we had last week. Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up and a Super Successful October too ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Yikes! I was waaaaay off plan yesterday. 3 glasses of white wine and 2 slices of pizza. and just that was like 600 calories too much.

I made up for it today with a bunch of exercise. Rode the bicycle for just over an hour. walked on the dirt road for an hour and 1/2, and as soon as we are done watching a movie, will do 2x14 minute miles on the WATP video.

My official weigh day is wed. but I checked this morning to see how much damage I did, and thankfully, I am okay, actually down one more pound. It was quick for the first couple of weeks last time too, and then slowed down to a pound or two a week.

Pink-how much popcorn did you eat, LOL! That is one of my favorite night time snacks, air popped and just some butter flavored cooking spray.

Anyhow, back to our popcorn and a movie. Have a good week everyone1

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #5  

Count me in! This is exactly what I need! Lost 100 pounds and gained back 80. GRRRRRRRR....
ctrockerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #6  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone It's hard to believe it's October already, it seems as though I just flipped the calendar to September!

Welcome ctrockerchick, it's nice to have you join us!

Nothing is new or exciting here. I'm struggling trying to find "interesting" food to eat, I'm now tired of all my go-to dishes. I was actually under calories all weekend despite some heavy-carb meals. TOM has finally passed so I'm hoping to see the scale move a little this week. It will be nice to get a little closer to that 50 pound mark and hopefully it will get my motivation back in high gear. I feel like I've been plodding along since early August with little to show for my efforts. Must.get.back in.the.groove.

I hope everyone has a great, OP day!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #7  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Hello, there! I've been pretty much MIA for a few weeks with busy life, but I'm still here. Not much loss to show, but I did run a half marathon yesterday, so that has to count for something, right? cheers -
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #8  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Hello everybody! I can't believe it is October either, so much good stuff to come very soon! I am a bit ticked because I injured my back a bit last week and between that and the TOM I put on 5lbs. I don't understand how I managed that because I stayed OP with eating and substituted walking for my regular workouts but whatever, I'm feeling a lot better and am looking into revamping my whole routine. My back is still hurting but not near as bad as it was last Thursday night.

I'm OP with eating as usual and I did 20 min of Zumba this morning. It was my first time so I was trying to get a good feel of it (DVD) so I know I can complete the full DVD next time I pop it in. Baby steps but I'm gonna get there!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/252/175

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Count me in! I lost 75 and have now gained all but 20 back But it came off once, so it's time to get rid of it again!
Heather26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #10  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

I am back up to 223 again. I have watching my calories and didn't have pizza this weekend. Had Mexican food but watched my calories and did not go over very much. What is wrong with me?

Didn't go to church. Couldn't face the dress. Felt really guilty. Wish I could get over my anxiety about this weight I have gained. I was on nurtisystem and it worked for a while then it stopped working and I started counting calories. Just doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I should try it again. But it actually has more calories than what I am trying to take in now. I don't get it. I wish exercise worked for me but it does not work for me and I get discouraged and stop. So many of you are losing so much and I lose nothing. Just so discouraged. Sorry for the bellyaching. Thanks for listening. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #11  

Glad to see so many new people as well as the familar faces!

Hubby and I are trying to get errands done as well and finding something fun to do.

Funky, if it makes you feel any better I've lost and gained the same 5 lbs for the past 2 years. I feel like I"ve tried everything but nothing seems to work. I'm a lot more consisitant than when I lost the weight the first time but its not happening again.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #12  
Rosebud

TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ glad you joined us over here; best wishes on re-losing in October ...

ENJOY LIFE ~ Ya, made a big mistake there with the popcorn; lesson learned though. The dieticians say popcorn is a good snack, but it is if it doesn't clog up your system. Will have something else next time.

WE had another gloriously day today, so we went up town to pick up the things I couldn't get last week and we had lunch out first. Then tonight after dinner, I was brave and went out for another fairly long walk (30+ minutes which is long for me). The night air was really nice for walking. I pushed myself to go a bit further as well.

Had a nice steak with stir-fry veggies and a small salad for dinner. Eating was good all weekend and today too. Hope you all have a wonderful OP week too ...
Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #13  
Rosebud

FUNKY ~ I'm not sure in your specific case, but if you keep stopping, then you will never see the results you are working so hard for. Do you see what I mean? You have to fight through the stalls and plateaus until the scale shows a loss, or you lose inches or sizes, or whatever. The scale isn't the only indicator of fat loss.

Tweaking your food & exercise plan is essential to find what works for you. It may be changing the foods you eat -- more protein, or less complex carbs or one more CC, or more veggies; or eating less or eating more; or it may be going for a walk every day or EOD. For many of us, if not most -- the most important thing is to keep going. So many quit before they see success becuz they are impatient, and sabotage their own success by giving up.

I added in toning exercises and hand weights, which helped me lose lots of inches and sizes too. That is still a loss and progress. You are much lower than me, and I would love to be where you are. Do you walk at all? You probably already told us but with so many people on so many threads, it is hard to keep track of everyone.

Have you given us an outline of what you eat each day or for one week so we can make some suggestions to you? That may help.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #14  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Justwant2be I eat mainly fruits, salads with garbanzo beans, milk, and small dinner with meat and a carb. 1200-1400 calories. My big problem is the weekends with my family. I have no self control. I seem to do okay for 3-4 weeks then I lose it and undo all my work. Exercise is tricky because I get discouraged when it makes no difference on the scale.

I am back down on the scale to 221 today. My TOM started and that has to be the reason for the gain. Mine is not regular so I do not bother to keep track, so usually only get a day of advance notice. This one took me by surprise.

Today seems like an incontrol day. Hope you all have a good OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #15  

I think my goal for this month will be to keep my sanity.

My sinus/allergies are going nuts, its that time of year, most meds for this put me to sleep in under 30min so I'm kinda on my own.

Work is sending Hubby out of town again next week, this time to train his replacement. Wed the company is having a meeting here in Memphis to annouce that they will be out of work, long after everyone else knows.

My Bible study is on Fall break this week, this is the first time we've had a fall break so that's interesting.

I'm doing kettlebells and cardio this week.

Funky, what is it about family that can make us crazy? I seem to have the same problem as you I can be 'good' for a while then I 'break' and devour everything in sight. I figured out I'm feeling deprived during the 'good' weeks so then go nuts. You might try planning in a some 'treats' to keep you feeling more satisfied. Buying a single brownie out someplace I found is far better than buying a package of cookies and trying to resisit.