Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Default October Feather's Chat!

continuing on from here; http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/feat...s-chat-13.html

Thank GOD it's October... September was not the best month ever. What are everyone's goals/hopes/plans for the month?
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #2  
Newb!

Hi, I'm new to this chat I want to go from exercising every other day (so my body gets used to it) to 6 days a week. Started on Saturday after a very long time and definitely felt the effects in work yesterday could barely bend over or sit :P

It's going to be a bit difficult to schedule now that I'm starting college again today but I don't mind waking up early to get my workout in, cause I don't have time in the evenings to do it. Also when I workout as soon as I wake up, I can't put it off

I am at 138.6 and wanna lose 10 pounds by November. If I don't make that goal I hope to just be in the 120s
Ms A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #3  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

Barely a feather here, 149.5 this morning but at least its below 150! Still I cannot wait to hit the 130's.

Ive got my eating right but im struggling with exercise right now Ive broken my toe.
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/129/118

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! I did a quick scan of the last few days in Sept. Things happen so quickly around here.

Joss- hopefully the doctor won't cancel. I feel your frustration at the weight gain. And I agree your breakfast was not quite up to "make me want to eat the computer screen" yummy food pictures I love super productive days.

Chickie- your house is beautiful! Glad the kids are feeling better. So sad about missing zumbathon. Hopefully there will be a Party in Pink where you live sometime this month.

Krampus- love the picture of the wedding. Looks so elegant. Weddings are made for too much wine and food.

Ms. A- welcome. This chat is very active and supportive. Do you already work out every other day, or is that your first step? I can never manage to work out in the am, but good for you for having a plan. I have pretty much the same goal as you for October.

Lilbert- Sorry about your toe. That is a bummer when you can't work out, but good for you for keeping the diet in check. That should definitely help with your goals.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's an understatement to say September was not the best month. After a very great August, I spiraled out of control. I couldn't even come on here because I was feeling so depressed and then depression was leading to more bingeing and the cycle continued- for a month! I am amazed how in one month I went from feeling really good about myself to feeling horrible. I haven't stepped on the scale this morning, and I'm honestly expecting to be up 12-13 lbs from the end of August. Non stop junk food eating and working out maybe 5 times in September has taken it's toll. It was so bad I even went to the doctor because I am not sleeping, eating horribly, not exercising- and generally not caring about any of that. All I wanted to do was come home from work and get in my pjs. So I did. I can get out of work around 4:30 which means that sometimes I was on my couch for the night at 5pm. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was the type to not eat when depressed. Hehe...

My goal for October is to get my life back. I have realized I have a crazy addiction to sugar so the best thing for me is to go cold turkey-I won't be pleasant for the next three days. My favorite teacher is subbing for Zumba tonight so even though I haven't slept more than a few hours I will drag myself there.

Most importantly- I want to visit this forum everyday for motivation, inspiration, advice, support, community, and celebration. Happy Monday
fresh15again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #5  
So Close to Goal

S/C/G: 178/146/125

Height: 5"3

My main goal for October is to be on 62.0kg by the end of it
I'm moving into my first apartment on 1 Nov with my boyfriend, and I really want to be nearly at goal by that time. I would LOVE to be on 60.0kg (Goal!) but that would be 5kg in one month.. I suppose it's possible!
kate27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: S:142.5/ C:134/G:128-125

Height: 5'6

Hey guys,

Kind of new to the forum and just wanted to drop in to say hi!

This summer was not very kind to me (life-wise or weight wise).. so it is time to get back on track!

My October goals are:
- Quit eating after dinner- drink tea instead
- Stay within my calorie limits
- Workout at least 4 times a week

Good luck everyone!
aragosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies - September was also not the greatest for me either. Here's to a great October life-wise and weight-wise for all of us!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, and happy October to everyone!

My goals this month are to continue lifting 3 days a week, and I am also hoping to get into the 140s this month.

UG the low calories are starting to take their toll. I think today may be the last day. I feel like crap and I was up a pound today anyway (although TOM is due to arrive any day). I'm grouchy, tired, and have a headache (although I suppose that could just be TOM). Ironically, though, I'm not hungry. Idk we will see how today goes.

We are going to have a great month, ladies!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #9  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

God, Feathers are chatty!!!

Lockitup : Yay for the woosh! We like the woosh! I always thought that VLC was Very Low Carbs. It makes so much more sense right now LOL

Joss : Is your feet appointment still holding on? Hope it will occur and actually help you! Mine is feeling better, I got the boyfriend to massage mine last night (He HATEEEES feet) and after finding some painful spot, we think that my problem was probably never or ligament things.

It was always a problem for me in english : What from feet or foot is the plural ? I alwaaaays mixed them up LOL

krampus : The barn wedding looks so prettyyyy! I like the relax wedding like that instead of some expensive venues.

katy : I love the new hair! My cousin if expecting a baby girl I'm gonna spoiled the thing to death, this baby is gonna be the most stylish baby EVAAAAAAAR.

Chickie : you must be so thrilled that your house is coming back to normal once again!! I love your coach. That's a coach like that I want to get when I'll have my big grown up home

Ms A, Lilbert, katy27, aragosa : welcome!

fresh : yeah, September was hard for everyone I think. Maybe be we were fighting frustrations of summer being over with food?

Lisa : Lucky for us September is over!

Hello ladies!

135.0 this morning, I'm okay with it, I barely drink water yesterday. And anyway I don't really know how much I want to lose anymore. After the end of the summer I just wanted to go back at least at 135 or below, and I'm pretty much at that right now. For someone who is not counting calories anymore, that is a huge win. Just making healthy choices and deciding wether I should eat again or not after I'm done.. It is nice to know that I actually can do this, that it is manageable for like, the rest of my life, without too much effort.

September wasn't sooo bad for me, luckily I had the half marathon training that helped to burn much of the over intake of calories. I started September at 139.2. So about 1 pound a week lost, can't be happier!

I got my hair trimmed yesterday, I got my bang back and I can wear them straight again now that the summer and the freaking humidity times are over.

My goals for september are ;

- No more eating after 8PM;
- Make sure to drink my water on the weekends (when I'm at home I just forget to do it);
- Start running (slowly again), I'm freaking tired of being off workout since a week now. I have a 10k race planned at the end of October, so I want to go back into it without stressing the feet too much;
- Start to do my abs routine in the morning and at night 6 days a week (starting tomorrow, because today I'm just lazy ^^)
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi all,

I feel HUGE today, this week is reserved for detox! Yesterday I was doing renegade rows at the gym and some dude interrupted me and was like "I just want to tell you that you're beautiful, god bless you." Thanks guy, I just said "ok thanks" and kept on. Shouldn't the gym be a f$&king safe zone from unwanted attention from strangers? Sigh. My roommate gets that too from "helpful" strangers who want to "personally train" her. Fortunately my BF is rejoining the gym with me - he wants to train for ski season and I'm gonna make him spot me (and thus remove the mental block of being afraid of the squat rack) on squats. Need to do moar compound lifts.

I'm going to run a Turkey Trot this year I've decided - not sure which one though, since I don't know if I'm going to be in CT or NY. If I'm in CT it will be the 4.78 mile Manchester Road Race and if in NY I'm going to do the 10K Troy Turkey Trot.

TurboMammoth Nice to see someone had an OK September. I am worse about drinking water on the weekends too. HOLLER for the return of straight bangs! I wear glasses so I feel like it looks stupid to have blunt bangs but I miss that sometimes.

LockItUp You know all that malarky about listening to your body, and I see you're doing it. Take care! Can't build muscle out of a steep caloric deficit anyway...

LisaTcan September was so-so for me too. I hope we can both feel better this October!

aragosa People say summer is the time to lose weight, but for me summer equals ice cream and booze...welcome to the subforum!

kate27 2 kg from goal is awesome! I sometimes miss measuring my weight in kilograms since I moved back to the US.

fresh15again I hope you will be able to cut the cord that ties you to sugar and binge eating this month. You deserve to feel in control and to be up and at 'em later than 5 PM! I've always felt with binge eating the key is to correct the behavior first and foremost and worry about weight loss later (and it will come).

Lilbert Sucks about the broken toe, but you are still a featherweight! How did you break it?

Ms A 10 pounds by November would be pretty impressive. More impressive to me is the fact that you're in college but willing to get up early to work out. I had trouble getting up for 9 AM classes in college

JossFit I know you've been struggling some in September but you are a woman with a plan and I have every bit of confidence that you're going to feel better at the end of October than the end of September.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #11  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Afternoon, ladies! Monday's a always so busy, and I decided randomly to cook a big ham, potatoes and pumpkin pie offer dinner, plus homemade bread. Smells good in here! September DID suck. Blechity Blech!!! :-( I need desperately to start jogging or something, because I am running a 10k on the 27th, I think. And it's in costume, lol. I am just so out of shape now. It sucks to see the same "good" weight on my scale, but know that I have gotten my tummy lodge back from eating crap food and not exercising. Hoping to turn that around this month! Having the puppies gne and the renovation dne should surely help my stress level!!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #12  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

ChickieChicks I forgot to comment on the photos you posted of the renovation - it looks GORGEOUS and you can tell you guys hauled butt and worked hard at it. It's so CLEAN too - one day I'll have a "big kid" living space, I swear.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #13  
Back to Basics!

Thanks Turbo, Kramous and Kakers! So happy to have the renovation done! It felt so weird to start going out of that door today. :-)

I love autocorrect. I meant to say that my "tummy bulge" is back from bad habits creeping back in, but it put "tummy lodge". Very Fruedian, as my tummy has, in fact, become a lodge...for fat. ;-) sigh. I just wrote down my food for the first time in months! I am going to try to stick to 1750, which is maintenance, but nt add cals on workout days unless it is a really long or hard workout.

And...random...but is anyone else face getting too thin? How can my weight shift out of my face and into my stomach? My face shape doesn't look great with that slight cheek hollow that comes from weight loss. Also, with the weight shift, my back/ribs are so bony and sinewy. It's weird. How can I change this? I don't want to gain weight, necessarily. Lifting? Just exercise in general? I'm so confused! :-/

Krampus - omg. Gym weirdos. They are n a class of their own, no? Last time I used the stationary bikes there, I was the only one there, and sme guy cam and had to sit right next to me. Like awkwardly close. And out of the corner of my eye, I could tell he as freaking staring at me the whole time. That sheist ruins my workokut mojo. I think I am becoming overly aware of people staring at me now. I used to be ignorant of it, but now I am almost paranoid. It's so silly.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4

Wow, lots of traffic in here today!

Chickie - Sometimes my face gets too thin, but that's usually when the rest of me gets really lean as well... I don't know about it shifting from one place to another, but (and I hate to say it) they say that happens more and more as we get older!

Oh, and if you want to just capture some of the smells from your kitchen in a jar and ship it to me, I'd love it! LOL ham, bread and pumpkin pie? Lucky family you have!

Krampus - I'm sure after a few 'detox' days you'll feel right as rain again.

I've had my share of gym creepers... some worse than others. The stories I could tell you about some of the stuff I've had to deal with while deployed would shock you. People lose their g0ddamn minds!

Do you have access to a smith machine at your gym? That might help with your confidence during squats.

Turbo - Yes, I finally got to the doctor today! It was about what I expected though; they had no clue and took x-rays, and of course did not get around to looking at them and calling me today. They did offer me Motrin though. Typical military doctors.

I bet you feel great after a new hair do! Good luck with your goals this month... I'm sure you'll rock it out.

LockItUp - I'm sorry you're feeling run down. Maybe see how it goes tomorrow and bump things back up if you're still sluggish. A couple days at maintenance might help.

Your October goals sound great!

Lisa - Thank God for October! LOL

For the rest of you ladies, WELCOME! I hope you stick with us...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, as I mentioned I got into the doc for my foot today and accomplished absolutely nothing. Hopefully she calls me tomorrow and lets me know what the deal with my x-rays was. She also said we can do a bone scan if the x-rays don't reveal anything, and then after that she can send me to a podiatrist if needed. Health care in the military takes forEVER. Ugh!

Pretty standard day aside from that... had a delicious meal of spicy shrimp and eggplant stir-fry with shiritake noodles, sriracha sauce, onion, garlic and zuchinni. It was pretty delish.

Tomorrow morning I'm trying some of the chia seeds in my quinoa flakes for breakfast... we'll see how that goes.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #15  
Back to Basics!

JOss- Ugh! Military h ealthcare DOES take forever. Drives me bonkers! Both of my babies were infertility/bedrest/premature and then had serious health problems within their first year of life. They are my "million dollar babies", and if it wasn't for the military, we'd be neck deep in medical bills forever! I try to remind myself of that when i get stuck in the red tape that seems to hold up EVERYTHING, especially when you really need it! My neurologist was so impressed that i had already been seen in dental, vision, physical therapy, med trials, etc, before i got to him. BECAUSE IT TOOK THAT FREAKING LONG TO GET AN APPOINTMENT WITH HIM. (deep breaths) I hope your referrals go quickly and you can solve the mystery of your foot. I would happily send you some leftovers. I craftily laid out dinner and went for a run. Then I had some pumpkin pie without crust when i got back.

So happy that it's freaking October! Today was pretty dang awesome and I hope it lasts for at least this week. lol I did a 2.5 mile jog, then speed walked for a mile as an extended cooldown. Just trying yet another way of exercising, trying to beat the migraines. So far so good tonight. Off to drink some tea and put my headting pad on my neck. (Rice in a sock and microwaved. Best thing ever...)