Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - October 2012 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone. Wow, hard to believe it is time for the October thread!

Diana, I agree that we need a lifestyle plan where we can work in things, especially when we go to dinner somewhere, etc.

Last night was nice for me, as I ate a small hamburger patty and the small piece of lemon cake, both of which are usually favorites for me. But truth is I really did not enjoy either one of them; I was loving the fresh veggie salad most of all. Of course I was also enjoying the BBQ potato chips until my friend "caught" me and moved the bags to the other end of the table, ha. But I ate just four of them so that much was okay.

I was going to leave a bit earlier this morning to get back and into the new gym, but decided not to since I did not get to go to my health store yesterday. They open at 11 so I will do the 9:30 breakfast and then head down there on the way out of town.

I look forward to seeing all of your posts coming through!!! And welcome to any newbies who may be joining us!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-30-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #3  

Hello everyone!
Sorry work is crazy and I wanted to do longer posts but that is not happening. I also ate a big lunch yesterday and ate veggies for dinner and gained 3 pounds
I am hoping this is water weight and it will go away. Anyway my gym is closed for repairs for the next 3 weeks and I am going to stick to Ripped in 30 and running outside the house. I will check in as much as I can. Thank you Diana for the next thread.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Yay NovaAngel! My biggest weight versus inches motivator has always been my mom. She is an inch taller and throughout my life would always ALWAYS tell me stuff like "when I was your age I weighed (usually less) and I feel so sorry for you!" type comments. Um I was always at least 2-4 sizes smaller than her even 5-20 pounds heavier than her so yeah muscle matters!

LOL Steph September flew by here too! I feel like whoa holidays already?

Oh Sophie where are you?

Misti do you think maybe our tastes go from "OMG I CAN'T STOP!" to "yeah well that's nice and all, but I'm going with healthier choices" not that we say it outloud, but subconsciously our tastes/appetites catch up with what we know is healthier? I think so because I mean sometimes I see food commercials and think GROSS who would CHOOSE to eat that (because I think of the after math of stomach issues let alone weight for me anyway). And I'm an oddball that likes lemon cake too and pineapple upside down. Yay on the gym! LOL about the salad. When I was pregnant with the boys I CRAVED salads and water all the time. It was weird. With my daughter it was shakes, burgers, fries, specific pickles, and I probably gained my most weight with her. I know that salad craving though because I still get it and my "baby" is 11 years old (nearly 12!).

Diana how was the sundae? It's one I have not tried yet. I tried turtle which is too sweet for me. I love the cookie dough and the key lime. I also found a strawberry WW dessert thing, I guess shortcake? I've not tried it yet. I do realize it's not "as healthy" as other things, but like most people I know who are successful with maintaining and losing to a healthy weight you make your decisions to be liveable lifestyle wise. I've not tried the EatYourBest anything, but I almost bought that Amy bowl this week. I ended up getting some enchilada thing I can't remember. LOL I did NOT like the Blood Orange, and I forgot it was Oikos I thought Fage? I like Oikos too. Well let's face it, I love greek yogurt and have yet to meet one I don't like

Awe 4keeps I'm the same way with naps which is why I even set an alarm because if I oversleep..I pay for it. Happy birthday!!

LOL MamaKat we'll be on the 'old lady' vitamins today I like the sticky notes idea too. My stomach is a lot better today, not 100% but 99%.

Rasagolla you'll get a burn with Ripped for sure! I am sure it's water or sodium weight because you could not have eaten nearly or over 12,000 calories yesterday....really? I know I gained weight from the combo fried rice and I'm still paying weight wise for it. Tummy is better though yay!

Yesterday watched the newer Cabin in the Woods which was well FUNNY. I probably have a weird sense of humor, but who knows. NO CHINESE or anything off plan yesterday because I wanted my stomach back to normal. I had 1396 calories, did yoga for 60 minutes, and kettlebells for about 45 (but really 15 was "warming up and cooling down" stretches). Today Yin Yoga and some bike and that's all folks Welcome to October!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Serenity The Eat Your Best site is actually Weight Watchers Smart Ones products. Sorry about the confusion. I don't know why they named their site that. If you get a chance, take a look at these products and let me know if you have tried them.

http://www.eatyourbest.com/products/...ce.aspx?page=2
http://www.eatyourbest.com/products/...es.aspx?page=2
http://www.eatyourbest.com/sitecore/...das-suiza.aspx
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #6  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I weighed in at 213.4 this morning! Yahoo!
I posted a thread with halfway pics if anyone would like to see.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post4484011
Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Diana: Here's to a great October

Shishkberry: I can tell a major difference in your pictures. Your arms are looking really good.

SerenityDiva: Great job on the yoga. How often do you practice yoga?

Misti: I agree junk food doesn't taste as good anymore.

Calories: 1614
Exercise: 45 dogwalking

I was going to run c25K W7D3 today, but I had on new shoes yesterday, which gave me the worst blisters. I tried on my running shoes and just walking with them was creating painful friction on the blisters.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

I'm not weighing in because of TOM but I'm going to do my best to make October a good month.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/136/127

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, everyone!
I went to church, then my DH bought chinese on the way home for lunch. I only used a salad plate, but feel bloated and tired now. I have to admit it was delicious, I just should have stopped five bites before I did.

Diana...Thanks for your encouragement, and for the link to the new October thread!

Serenity... I'm now going to take a second nap this weekend...and yes, set my alarm. Then I'm going to take a long walk and enjoy this beautiful, Fall day! Enjoy the last half of your weekend!

Last edited by 4 keeps; 09-30-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #10  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hey everyone,

Wow, October thread already, where does the time go, right?

I think I am going to divide up my weekly points by seven (days in the week) and add that number onto my daily points allowance so I don't feel deprived or get frustrated as easily.

It's been a rainy day here! I hope the sun comes out and stays sunny

Take care,

Amy
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #11  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

shiskeberry, you look terrific. Good job!

4 Keeps, I envy you the good weather. It finally stopped raining this afternoon so I went out for a jog but got only halfway through before it started raining again. Fortunately, my route is just down a nearby hill, then back and forth a couple of blocks, then back up the hill - as many times as I can (4 or 5). So I never get too far from home and got only a little wet.

I've been experimenting with not counting too strictly on the weekends and it's been going okay. I had granola for breakfast, a protein bar for lunch, and then a big salad and a couple of pizza appetizers for dinner. I figure the calories were probably in my maintenance range.

I'm starting the month at 132.4 and would be ecstatic to hit 130 by Halloween.

Let's have a great October!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #12  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

It has poured here most of the day. I finally gave up waiting to get outside for my uphill interval workout and did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer using the weight loss program and another 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. As much as I hate to admit it, I do miss it when I don't do a workout. It seems the harder I workout, the better I feel in the end.

Continuing to track my food on the Fitbit site. My next appointment with my GP is November 8. I'm hoping to lose another 10 pounds before that appointment. I just need to keep working at it.

Hope October treats everyone well!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Diana I've not had or am interested in the first two, but I LOVE the suizas and have them probably twice a week. Lean Cuisine has the, but they aren't IMO as good.

IsabellaOlivia I practice 6-7 days a week. Initially to help with stress and mobility, and yes still for that, but now also strength

4keeps you too! We just went and saw Looper, which was okay...not great.

Just a brief check in, ugh NovaAngel mine started today too.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 228/215/128

Height: 5'4

Hi all! I'm not new here, but do not post a lot. I had a good September by losing 12 pounds! I hope that October goes as well. Although I had a bad day and ate about 200 calories over, I did get in my 30 mins on the treadmill and made a crock pot full of nutrient dense chicken chili for the week, so back on track tomorrow! I also make spinach smoothies for snack in the afternoon and it suprised me that my 7 year old son wanted to help make it and then tried it and wanted one for himself! Hopefully we are moving in the right direction as a family at eating better. I hope everyone has a great week/month!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone!! Just kind of racing through as I got home from Whidbey Island, threw my stuff in the door and raced off to the new gym. Wow.... I almost jumped for joy when I saw the huge pool. And wonderful showers.. I'd pay the membership fee just for that as I have lousy water pressure at home.

Worked out for an hour and then checked out the rest of the gym. I can't believe I have access to all that!

Then I decided to get on the scale... hoping there was not a big gain and keeping in mind this is evening weight... and almost fell off the scale when it said 249!!! Yippppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am now closer to 200 than 300

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-30-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Closed Thread