Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 4

Welcome to the Vol. 4 home of Fabulous at Fifty + !! This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+ LOVIN' LIFE and on IP. Welcome everyone!

Old 09-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

since beautiful dana is off jet setting the world...she asked me to open the new thread!! woohoo vol 4 ready to go!!

WELCOME TO THE PAR-TAY LADiES!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-28-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #3  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I'm ready to PAR-TAY!!!! Party at Rainbows!!!!!!!!!!!! (or maybe at Dana's since her house is available!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I'm ready to PAR-TAY!!!! Party at Rainbows!!!!!!!!!!!! (or maybe at Dana's since her house is available!!!
one day!!! ONE DAY!!! we are all gonna meet and have a REAL PARTY!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #5  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for setting up Vol 4 Rainbow!

Gah, I'm feeling moody today. I think it's the full moon tomorrow (or just that TOM sort of feeling - but hard to tell on that account - still feel that way). Anyway made myself a nice bowl of hot rhubarb with a dollop of WF strawberry spread, and a packet of splenda. Have been thinking about a crumble topping (vanilla shake mix with egg white?. I dunno something crumbly and vanilla... maybe pancake mix?) which would make it even more yummy - or even (if I had some) marshmallow dip. Still it's dessert (don't you dare tell me its a veggie) on a day when I really Really REALLY wanted dessert.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
It was way before most all of you who frequent 3FC now when I talked about having a get together convention. Somewhere in the mid section of the country, which would also be the mid section for Canada, too. We all fantasized on it for a few days. Oh well. Such a wonderful thought to all get together and meet each other and share stories and outgrown clothes and all the love around here.

Take that for your dream for the weekend.

Molly
Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

Gah, I'm feeling moody today. I think it's the full moon tomorrow (or just that TOM sort of feeling - but hard to tell on that account - still feel that way). Anyway made myself a nice bowl of hot rhubarb with a dollop of WF strawberry spread, and a packet of splenda. Have been thinking about a crumble topping (vanilla shake mix with egg white?. I dunno something crumbly and vanilla... maybe pancake mix?) which would make it even more yummy - or even (if I had some) marshmallow dip. Still it's dessert (don't you dare tell me its a veggie) on a day when I really Really REALLY wanted dessert.
crank up the music.... and dance!! thats the best way to get out the moody moody!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bud743iJMsQ

LETS GET THE PAR-TAY STARTED!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
It was way before most all of you who frequent 3FC now when I talked about having a get together convention. Somewhere in the mid section of the country, which would also be the mid section for Canada, too. We all fantasized on it for a few days. Oh well. Such a wonderful thought to all get together and meet each other and share stories and outgrown clothes and all the love around here.

Take that for your dream for the weekend.

Molly
yes,,,,what a dream!!!! one day molly....we will get lucky enough to meet!!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #8  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Speaking of road trips, DH and I whisked ourselves away to wild and wonderful West Virginia for the weekend. We're in the most charming little house right on a small river that winds it's way through the "cotton ball" mountains. I called them cotton balls because that's what they look like in the wintertime from the view of an airplane 35,000 feet up, which is my usual view of West Virginia. The house has a lovely view of an old covered bridge, which I've learned is the only 2 lane covered bridge in the US Federal Transportation System. (One tends to pick up all sorts of odd facts while being a tourist. Wonder if there will be a trivia game question about that.)

I'm sending you all a little bit of peace, tranquility, and beauty. Have a lovely weekend.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 159/122/127

Height: 5'2"

Default Weigh In Day

Well, friends, I weighed in this morning and am now at 123 pounds. I officially requested to move to Phase 2, since I am 4 pounds under goal. I don't think I could have been brave enough to take this step if it weren't for this thread. Each of you has been motivating and supportive. I read all the posts and I just get so much from them.

So.....on to Phase 2 and to being fearless!!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #10  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamomof6 View Post
Yay! Another success! Good for you and more hope for those of us who are still in this part of the battle. You will succeed in Phase 2 - no doubts!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

Halfagain, I feel you girl it's my Tom and I did the same thing, needed desert, so I made rainbows jicama w syrup, that's one of my most fav. Things. As for the blahs we are strong, just ride it out. I'm right there too
Old 09-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
I wanna party!! we can have it at my House!
I tried to do my quotas together but as you can see I still don't know how, Waah!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Speaking of road trips, DH and I whisked ourselves away to wild and wonderful West Virginia for the weekend. We're in the most charming little house right on a small river that winds it's way through the "cotton ball" mountains. I called them cotton balls because that's what they look like in the wintertime from the view of an airplane 35,000 feet up, which is my usual view of West Virginia. The house has a lovely view of an old covered bridge, which I've learned is the only 2 lane covered bridge in the US Federal Transportation System. (One tends to pick up all sorts of odd facts while being a tourist. Wonder if there will be a trivia game question about that.)

I'm sending you all a little bit of peace, tranquility, and beauty. Have a lovely weekend.
THANK YOU for sharing your little peace, tranquility and beauty!!! it sounds heavenly!!! enjoy!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamomof6 View Post
Well, friends, I weighed in this morning and am now at 123 pounds. I officially requested to move to Phase 2, since I am 4 pounds under goal. I don't think I could have been brave enough to take this step if it weren't for this thread. Each of you has been motivating and supportive. I read all the posts and I just get so much from them.

:congrats: way to go on the next phase!!! well done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Halfagain, I feel you girl it's my Tom and I did the same thing, needed desert, so I made rainbows jicama w syrup, that's one of my most fav. Things. As for the blahs we are strong, just ride it out. I'm right there too
i know right...that jicama is not like eating veggies!! its like a wonderful syrupy dessert!!! yum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
I wanna party!! we can have it at my House!
I tried to do my quotas together but as you can see I still don't know how, Waah!
ok, as you go through the comments...you will see in the bottom right hand side of each comment box, the word QUOTE, and then some quotation marks. just click on the quotation marks ONLY....as you go through the comments...and it will highlight to show you've "marked" it...then AFTER you MARK the last comment box, ALSO click in the word QUOTE and it will bring up your reply box with all the quotes...

each comment will then have its own QUOTE mark before and at the end of that persons comment. YOU type in between each end [/QUOTE] and the next NEW [QUOTE]. i then highlight my remarks in a different color.

hope that helps!!! go on try it
Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

you can also click on PREVIEW before posting to see if it is working!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-29-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post

Thanks for the picture of our place. It does sound relaxing! What part of VA are you in? I live in South Riding/Chantilly.
Closed Thread