Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Default Day 1 for me

I will be following the IP plan using alternatives. Ive been a member of 3FC for years and have lurked on the IP forum for a long time now. All of you losers are so motivating! I need to shed 125 lbs. I don't know how I ever let myself blimp up like this...but it is disgusting and embarrassing and it is not the "me" I used to know! Time to get rid of it so the real me shows on the surface!
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Great decision going the IP route! This group of people are the best support system ever!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good luck! The first few days are the toughest but totally worth it! If you're doing it on your own make sure you check out the Phase 1 protocol sheet in the Newbies sticky thread, and ask LOTS of questions!!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
I will be following the IP plan using alternatives. Ive been a member of 3FC for years and have lurked on the IP forum for a long time now. All of you losers are so motivating! I need to shed 125 lbs. I don't know how I ever let myself blimp up like this...but it is disgusting and embarrassing and it is not the "me" I used to know! Time to get rid of it so the real me shows on the surface!
Good for you! I am a loser and proud of it.
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome BetsyAnn! You made a great choice! Remember, you'll have ups and downs, and if you follow the plan, and trust it, it will work. So, just work through the downs and remember how good the ups feel! In the end it's up up and away! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and for alternatives there are great options. I didn't move to alternatives until P3 and found some great options. All you need is right her on these boards!!! WOO HOO!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #6  
Started IP 9/19/12

S/C/G: IP 256/231/210

Height: 5'11"

Good for you. Having just done the first week I can say it is a bit rough but stick with it. It does get easier.

TroutFarmer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #7  

Thanks for the welcomes and well wishes, Everyone!
I am sure the first few days of this are going to be a struggle. I'm not gonna lie...I am not looking forward to it, but it is something I just have to endure!
DH and I are empty nesters and live 5 hours from our closest family. Our day to day lifestyle is pretty mundane, to say the least. Our social life on the weekends mainly consists of shopping and eating out, (gonna have to find something to do instead of that eating out part)! Today is grocery day, so I am going to have to work that in a time slot that is not near meal time! DH normally goes with and we spend the entire day hitting the mall, the farm store, lowes, etc... as well as the butcher shop and the grocery store along with working in lunch at a restaurant and coffee at Starbucks at the end of the day. This is going to put our empty nester lifestyle into upheaval!LOL
I have totes and totes full of gorgeous clothes, (most of them with the tags still on them), that are too small! I can't wait until I can start tossing out my fat clothes and do some "tote" shopping! We also travel quite a bit and this fat is just so out of hand that it makes travelling sooo uncomfortable...especially when we fly! I am done, done, done with feeling this way!
It is time to get back to the me I used to be!
Life is Good!

Last edited by BetsyAnn; 09-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #8  

Hi Betsy this is my first day as well. at 250 I'm a bit lighter than you. But I'm 5ft tall. So my bmi is off the charts. I've done low carb in the past and know all about the first few days of sugar withdrawal --and I totally understand the whole issues of flying! Hubs and I are empty nesters too. Just wanted to say hello.. And offer some support. Together we can do this!
Mary Contrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #9  

Great to "meet" you, Mary! YES, we can do this together...and when we get to where we are going, just imagine how much better we are going to feel and look! I have low carbed in the past also and so I have braced myself for the sugar dt's. They aren't fun! In the past week I have been cutting out the sugar and carbs in anticipation of beginning IP, (or maybe I should call it "IPA"...IPAlternatives), today! Stick with me girl...let's do it!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #10  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I am actually soooo excited for you. You've been "lurking" so know what to do. You've got no kids at home to buy "junk" for, so can get rid of all the tempting things in your cupboard. You have "tote shopping" to look forward to, so already have some short term goals. And if you and hubby love to travel, give yourself another short (or long term) goal of where he will take you by a certain date if you stay OP, or a certain weight...

... You have all the things necessary for success. I hope your DH will join you, in at least eating your healthy supper meal, as you'll both be able to support each other. My advice if you are used to eating out on weekends, go for it. Just eat IP! It is easy to eat a salad, nice chunk of meat, and veggies at a restaurant -- just ask for no sauces etc.

I don't want to say good luck. I want to say "good WILLPOWER" as that will be the only thing you really need. You've got the rest!

Welcome to the discussions! Let your IP day begin!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #11  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
... In the past week I have been cutting out the sugar and carbs in anticipation of beginning IP, (or maybe I should call it "IPA"...IPAlternatives), today! Stick with me girl...let's do it!
Welcome to you to! Love the IPA --good acronym!

Don't forget to journal ladies, if you can -- whether it's just food, or if you want to add other little notes about how you feel, NSV as you go. Those notes keep you motivated and help us when people need advice to see what they've been eating

(Note to my nagging self-- get back to tracking-- I didn't do it all week! I need to practice what I preach.... LOL)

Okay, off I go to make cauliflower pancakes AND write that in my journal!

Last edited by IP43; 09-29-2012 at 09:21 AM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

On day 3, it's hard but do-able.

Glad to see others starting out with me

Sonya
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #13  

I bought myself a fitbit for my birthday in July and I have never really "used" it yet, other than to play around with it
I will be using that to track everything I eat, weight, measurements, etc... thru the fitbit website!
Cauliflower pancakes sound interesting. I have experimented with some of the veggie purees and am going to use some of those in my soup mixes to make them a little more substantial and filling, but other than that, for the first few days I am gonna stick to bare bones for the most part. Once the boredom sets in, which I imagine it will, I am gonna be delving into more of the recipes listed on here!
I am going to be taking my measurements here in a few and I dread, dread, dread that, but I gotta do it. Time to face the music I guess!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #14  

Hi IP43, where do we find journals? Do you mean the blogs? or are those the same thing? i have a journal on the LC website, but warned my friends there i was changing plans, I sure wouldn't mind having one here!
Mary Contrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #15  

Starting IP on Monday. Glad to know that there is support for when I turn green from spinach and lettuce! Luckily where I am joining the program requires weigh ins every week as well as support or else I wouldn't make it. I am a little excited and a little intimidated by IP Just a thought....How many medals did the french win in the olympics since this is their diet???!!!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote