Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Default Weighing more than you did when pregnant??

Ugg, I had a realization the other day that I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant (both babies). With my first I weighed 280 at the end of the pregnancy and 270 with my youngest. This is discouraging to think about but somehow also inspiring me as a mini goal to get below what I weighed when I first got pregnant. Both times I weighed 250 to start. Anyone else have the same issue?
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I had my baby last October and weighed 240 going into the hospital to deliver, and now I'm 256, so yeah, I know how that goes. Been gaining weight steadily over the year until decided at the beginning of September that it needs to go... I feel like I'll feel some sense of relief when I get to my "below end of pregnancy" weight.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #3  

Happened to me too.I was 240 when I got pregnant,230 after and last week I was 280 I am down 5 pounds today.
lisa85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

I am with you..I have 3 biological kids the first one is 18 and I weighed 190 when I got pregnant with her, the second one is 13 and I weighed 230 when I got pregnant with her and the third is 5 and i weighed 245 when i got pregnant with him..so i completely understand where you are coming from and to be honest that is big motivation for me..I even have mini goals listed on the fridge and the main ones are to weigh less than I did when i got pregnant with them.. and it feels awesome to be able to check them off ..I have my last pregnancy weight checked off and am so close to my middle child's one and she is 13! i would love to be "diet buddies" what are you doing for your weight loss..I started low carb,low calorie May 16th and I bought a fitbit a little over a week ago to help motivate me to take more steps a day
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

YES...it's awful.
My daughter (baby of my 3, I have a DS-14 and DD-11) is almost 20 months old. I was 255 at 40 weeks, and had GD. I had lost 15 pounds over my pregnancy.

Over the next 10 weeks or so, weight just poured off me, down to 210.
And then I did my stupid giving up/complacency/quitter thing, or whatever it is I do, and found myself at 270 last Tuesday. NOT impressed with myself.
I was 268 when I got pregnant with her, my previous all-time high. I got myself below that this week.

I feel your pain, I truly do.

Linda

Last edited by famograham; 09-17-2012 at 12:59 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm counting calories now, and walking at least 5 miles a day (not all outside, most of it with Leslie Sansone videos or walking in place indoors... 2000 steps/mile).

I kept telling myself I didn't want to count calories yet because I was afraid if I dropped my calories I wouldn't make good milk. I'm down 10lb now from my restart and I am still nursing my almost 11 month old. I have noticed a slight decrease in milk... the baby has been getting frustrated while nursing, but also it could be from AF which showed up. We'll see in a couple days if the supply goes back up. I've been giving her a bottle of formula mid day instead of nursing then. She is 11 months old in a couple days, one bottle of formula a day won't kill her. Some babies thrive on that stuff from birth. Anyway, I know my weight gain was from being inactive indoors with the baby, and just eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. My husband doesn't like "healthy" food, so that is super easy in this household.

I want to get down to a manageable weight. Of course my little girl will see the photos of me and her when she was a baby and I was way too big, but I want her to just remember me as a fit and active mom who could chase her around and play, and do fun stuff. That's why my little ones 2nd birthday is my weight loss goal day!

Last edited by Everlasting; 09-17-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #7  

Thanks for all the replies! I think it is a BIG motivator to be less than you weighed when pregnant. Even for me at my larger size being pregnant, mentally I will always remember certain weights (what I weighed when I graduated HS, when I got married the first and second time LOL and the pre and post pregnancy weights).

I have lost and gained weight so many times it's not even funny. I probably have lost track but I have lost 50 pounds at least 4 times. (Lose 50ish pounds pretty fast in 6 months or so-then within a year or two it's all back) Get discouraged, do nothing to try to lose and just stay the same. Eventually start trying again and the whole crazy thing starts over and over again... I have been about 300 (even just over) for a few years now. At work they weigh us once a year for our insurance. They measure your waist, blood sugar, cholestoral, etc...The past two times my weight was near or just over 300 but my cholestoral is great (I am a vegetarian), this time my blood sugar they said was high normal. That scared me because I know that maybe next year they could say I am borderline diabetic. I know losing this 20 pounds has probably helped a lot. My son has now been losing with me. He was 195 and is now 169. All we are doing is keeping up with our calories. I checked my BMR with a BMR calculator. It said with my weight and age my body needed 2000 calories a day just stay alive, keep breathing, etc...so I try to keep it under that (1500 range) and I am doing pretty good.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #8  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I was 281 on the day I went to deliver my DD (now 2). I was 270 when I left the hospital two days later. The next few months were spent on a nursing baby fog, but I bought a scale when DD was 9 months old. I was SHOCKED to find that I weighed 289, the highest weight I have ever been our will ever be. It scared the **** out if me to see how close I had come to 300 without even the excuse of being pregnant. I am happy to say that I now weigh less than I did when got pregnant with my DS, 9 years ago.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #9  

Shishkeberry that is great!! that is a great inspiration for me! I have at least gotten past my 280 when pregnant with #1 and now working on 270 when preg with #2! next mental goal will be to be at or below 250 what I weighed when I got pregnant both times-nine years apart! have a great weekend all and thanks for all the feedback!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #10  

Many years ago, I was with a couple of young mothers. They were talking about losing their "baby fat". I chuckled, saying that I had yet to lose mine. In unison they asked how old my baby was. I told them that he was 9. One lady said, "Oh, 9 months will be such a fun age for us!" My reply was that he wasn't 9 months, but 9 YEARS old. *snicker*

Now, he is 25 and I STILL have some of that baby fat. Some has been lost and some stayed around to greet the other fat that stopped by for a visit.
Ms Shapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #11  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I was about 230 when pg with my youngest (5). A year later I had problems with my gallbladder and was down to 190. I have been depressed and late July weighed 265 . So I gained 75lbs in 3 years. I am almost to my late pg weight now 235. I look forward to be see that milestone gone.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #12  

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. I know it's a mental thing but I know I will have that mental checklist "checked" when I lose 6 more pounds to get to my delivery weight. I have gotten below the weight for my first and soon for my second baby (280 the end for the first one and 270 for the second). After that it will be the new "mental goal" of my pre-pregnancy weight. That will take a while since it will be 20 more pounds. I will get there. I have no choice if I want to protect my health and try to avoid diabetes etc....
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #13  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

My kids are 26 and 28 now, but when i got preg with my first i was 130... the day after i had him i was 225... i got down to 150 when i got preg with daughter... was 225 when i had her... now im 317... you just cant get away with saying its baby fat when you had your babies almost 30 years ago lmao
Twilightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 295

Height: 5'8"

I feel the same. I weigh 275 while pregnant. After giving birth I weight was 255 and now 11 months after I'm 295. I super feel bad. I want to lose weight just before my daughter learns how to run so I can play with her.
chefchesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Is it bad that I don't know what I weighed when my last was born, or either of my 2 before him? I really didn't want to know, each time it was definately higher than before (2 of them were litterally back to back, born a year and a day apart). I really never wanted to see that number on the scale again each time.

I think when my 3 year old was born I was somewhere around where I am now weight wise. I remember at a checkup when he was maybe 2 or 3 weeks old I was like 240, I want to say I was around 270 or 280 when he was born.

What bothers me is I was looking back to after he was born. I was helping hubby with a biggest loser contest, nursing and working out every day. My weight for 3 years ago at this time was like 50 pounds lower than it is right now (youngest was 5 months old then)

That is all water under the bridge, and today is a new day and tomorrow will be better. I'm on track now and the future is all I have any control over now.

just a note.. with my oldest, I gained 1 pound and was 34 pounds lighter at my 6 week check up. My weight back then, almost 14 years ago now, 195 at my first appt, 196 at delivery, 162 at my 6 week check up. I was so happy...
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote