Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:13 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, September 11th

Good Morning Everyone !

Because today is the anniversary of 9/11 all I can really say is I am praying for the lives lost, this country and our leaders, the boys and girls over seas fighting right now for us, all their families, and I am also praying for those who's hostility took those innocent lives.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Ditto Leens!

Good Morning to everyone! It sure was nice to see so much discussion on the boards yesterday. I love my 3fatchick buddies! Ya'll are very special to me! and I hope and pray that each one of you has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-11-2003, 09:36 AM   #3  
Average White Girl

Hey...I did a bit of over eating yesterday because my fiance was working late ( fine) but he didn't get home until much later. As soon as he called to say he was on his way, I stopped eating. Interestingly enough, the food did not satisfy me in a "I must eat to hold my world together!" kind of way...so yeah, I ate ( but stayed w/in Flex Points WW range), but learned something along the way.

They always say muscle weighs more than fat...I do my walk away the pounds tapes for 45-60 min 5 days a week. Since then, I eat (generally ) better, but find it harder to lose weight, even though I notice I am fitter, and look a little better... I just dont' want to have an unhealthy outlook on this if I"m a bit heavier due to muscle. I've usualy slacked w/ working out or I"d use the fact that I work out to eat whatever I wanted...so doing it correctly is new to me.
Does anyone know where I might find a semi-accurate weight chart based on height, BMI,...whatever? I want to see where I stand. Last I heard if I'm five seven/eight I should weigh between 127-150. I was shooting for 140, but that's looking farther away now.Am I being unrealistic? I just need a bit o' focus.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #4  

Angry Morning~!

Whoa 22 posts yesterday.....that must be an all time high!

Sept 11 a day never to be forgotten in my mind....my thoughts to all those who are still suffering and for all those who were lost.

DD5 is home ill from Kindergarten. I find the start of school they get lots of fevers. sore tummy's and sore throats....I love having her home and I think she is over the worst of it.......stuck to me like glue last night all eve and all night...still a bit warm this morning.....she should be ok and we will go for a bike ride after lunch.

Got an e-mail from dd 11's teacher and she said my daughter is adjusting to grade 7 very well and that she really enjoys her enthusiasm and sense of humor......we go to the school tonight to meet all the teachers.

Today is going to be a day of going through all the little hiding spots of junk....my walk in closet, my office (isn't too bad), and the basement......I am setting aside a box for give aways, stuff to donate to the school, and garbage.....then it is time to book the cleaning of the ducts and carpets for the fall.

I am hosting a dinner party here on the 21st and having company overnight on the 26th so that is a great motivator to get some things done.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Bye for now

Eliz
Old 09-11-2003, 01:50 PM   #5  

Liz I am glad to hear that your DD is doing well in 7th grade. I think she will have a great time this year. It already sounds like she is on her way.

Alt we are the same heigth. Get off that scale though. I don't even weigh myself anymore. I go by the measurements I take and how my clothes are fitting. You are right muscle weights more that fat so keep what you doing. YOu said yourself that you are looking better. That should be proof enough.

Cathy has the rain hit you yet?

Did you guys know that the remains from the towers are about 20 miles away from me right now being turned into the hule of a new battle ship? We have a foundry here that is melting it all down. Pretty cool that it is so close to us here. Kind of brings it home to us on a day like today.

I saw a man running this morning wearing flag shorts, tank top, hat and he was carrying a flag. I couldn't stop smiling at him. As I was walking in the gym this morning he saw me looking and waved. I couldn't help it, I waved back like a little kid. He made me so happy and proud. I wish he would run by again. I could use a good grin.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:27 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kem that is cool (about the remains and the guy running w/the flag)

Liz Dinner Party ? what time shall I be there and can I bring a cake ?

Alteaon GET OFF THE SCALE !! Kem is right, your going to obsess to much and its going to throw you for a loop. Weigh yourself every now and then.

Hugs ladies !!

Where's Lynnie, Cin and the rest of the gang ?
Old 09-11-2003, 03:59 PM   #7  
CIN

Lurking around..alive & well..thanks!
Cin
Old 09-11-2003, 04:36 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

hello ladies

I am here but I had some problems trying to find a new ISP.Plus I did the rider for 15 mins.Its a cool day here.The weather is great and I am thinking of grabbing my hubby and going out.I am so sick and tired of being in the house.

Been eating pretty well today but I am having a craving for a doughnut.... :P

talk to yall soon.
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-11-2003, 04:46 PM   #9  

Hey Leenie........you can bring a cake....my mom is bringing poppy seed lemon.......and you?

I think you are right Kem.....all is well in dd 11's world right now!

Eliz
Old 09-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #10  

Hi all

I haven't been here for a few days.....we have started to get the overcast & rainy days here for the last week....on & off.....there have been days where I have been down....parts of days.....am using the light box now.....if it is raining, cloudy or overcast in the morning.

Today I used the light box & I feel good today.....my eating is good today. I went to have a hair cut, my hair colored & streaked.....my hairdresser says that I look different with blond streaks in my hair.

Liz......I remember those days when my kids started school....it seems they were frequently getting sick.

April

Last edited by april99; 09-11-2003 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Liz I'll bring an Apple Strudel Cheesecake..........you got it, to die for I'll also bring spinach dip
Closed Thread