Old 09-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Support for the Last 10-20 lbs for 100 lb. club! (Part 2)

Continuing the 10-20 lbs to goal thread that Runningfromfat started. Anyone in the 100 lbs club (someone who plans to lose 100+ pounds) can post here. It's especially geared for those that are zeroing in on their end goal weight (however liquid that goal weight might be).

I think for many of us who were very overweight, those last 10-20 pounds are extra difficult for so many reasons - we are diet fatigued as we have been at this a very long time (most of us, anyway) and we are satisfied with our progress and might be just fighting for vanity pounds versus any real health gains. (though getting fitter is always a good idea for all people), and for everyone, those last pounds are just slow to come off.

This sound like it's a group for you? Please join us for Part 2!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #2  
Melissa

Several of us on the last 10-20 lbs thread decided to do an end of the year challenge. For some of us, it's to get to goal, for others, it's just to get closer to goal. It's not a competition. It's just moral support to help us focus!

Want to join? Just list your goals for the end of the year - be it in pounds, measurements, or fitness. Or, a mix of all three.

In your status updates, just let us know how you are doing towards getting to your goal.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #3  
Melissa

Steph Woohoo! to you on getting back down to 132. You soooo will make it into the 120s and I will be cheering right along side you!

Toasted It is a good thing you have been taking it easy. You have been on an antibiotic for a lung infection! You need to let your body heal before pushing it again. Just be proud of what you ARE able to do!

KatelstarYou are so smart to have lost the weight and to have gotten fit before starting a pregnancy. I wish I would have done that both times. I will forever in my head wonder if maybe the reason my youngest has Asperger's is because of my bad weight and probably declining health.

For me, day two of TTOM and scale is down a bit Woohoo! I'm off to search for jeans today as I'll be way too busy next week to do any of that!

End of the year challenge (or by 12/10, my 43rd birthday):

SW: 180.8
CW: 173.0
GW: 160.0
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

YEY NEW THREAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke
Hi everyone.

kate: How are you liking the crossfit so far? I really struggle with getting my strength training in and definitely need to do better. I don't like lifting weights or pulling or pushing things on the machine. I suppose I'm looking for something dynamic that maybe uses bodyweight like burpees pushups or jump squats.

Here's wishing everyone an awesome Friday!!!
I'm doing it at home, lol, on my own, so I only do body weight exersizes. I'm doing a combo of pushups/squats, and then burpees, and then plank... then some russian twists, and more squats. I've been sore for days, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys
Katelstar You are so smart to have lost the weight and to have gotten fit before starting a pregnancy. I wish I would have done that both times. I will forever in my head wonder if maybe the reason my youngest has Asperger's is because of my bad weight and probably declining health.
Thanks!

My mom had lupus, its what killed her actually, and the older I get the more I think she had it before she had me. Even before she miscarried the brother-that-wasnt, but.. still. I'm completely terrified that I'll end up with it, not for the struggles she had, but for all the stuff she missed out on by dying at 59 (when I was barely 24.). I can't put my kids through that. It was too much. So, here I am, lupus-symptom-free (its not likely that I'll get it any more than anyone else would, thank God) but still trying to prevent ANYTHING that I can. Any complication that I can prevent, anything that I can do to make pregnancy easier, I'm going to try it. And I want to 'rebound' quickly too.

So super scary! Eeeek!!

And I've read studies about that, Melissa. But you can't ever say for 100% completely sure its linked, you know? I was diagnosed ADHD with 'characteristics' of aspergers, but my mom was normal weight when she had me... so, who the heck knows!

Steph, if I hear a thud, I'll know. If you hear a thud to the west, its me getting back into the 170's, LOL.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys
I think for many of us who were very overweight, those last 10-20 pounds are extra difficult for so many reasons - we are diet fatigued as we have been at this a very long time (most of us, anyway) and we are satisfied with our progress and might be just fighting for vanity pounds versus any real health gains. (though getting fitter is always a good idea for all people), and for everyone, those last pounds are just slow to come off.
This is so me. SIGH. That's me, like to 150%, lol.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #6  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

berry, thanks for starting the new thread. And, geez, I hope you don't worry too much about being responsible for your son's Asperger's. Everything is such a crap shoot, it's sometimes amazing to me that most of us are lucky enough to be reasonably healthy.

And, like Kate said, your description of those of us down to the last bit to lose is spot on. I keep wobbling between wanting to really buckle down and get it done, and telling myself to be patient, take it slow, start eating like I'm going to eat for the rest of my life. So far, "buckling down" just ain't happening so I guess it's option 2!

toasted, I hope that infection has cleared up. You'll get back to your exercise when you're feeling better.

kate, how did you come up with your at-home Crossfit routines? I'd like to do something like that but I need some guidance.

I did 40 minutes of jogging in place last night (while watching CSI), just for something different to do. My HRM said it burned about 250 cals, so not too bad. I'd really like to get outside this weekend, if the weather cooperates.

I hope everyone has some fun this weekend!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Yay New Thread!!! Thanks berry for starting this one up. You're so so right about diet fatigue! Also congrats on the jeans!!! I saw you in another thread in the Ann Taylor 6s. Go you!!! I agree with Stef that you should try not to beat yourself up about your little one's condition. My mom I know blames herself for my brother and I's obesity issues whereas I don't feel that way at all, I think she's the absolute best in the world and my weight issues are a combination of several different factors and just my luck in the draw in being who I am.

steph: Yay on being back at 132!!! And doing the jogging in place whilst watching CSI. That's a great idea. I wish I could get one of those tvs that were powered by an exercise bike or the treadmill or elliptical. Or these days that I'm so busy, how "awesome" would it be if I could only charge my laptop through exercise. I would SOOOO be in shape!

kate: Your crossfit routines sound like the kind of thing I'm looking for. I want to do some strength but without weights. I too would like to know how you came up with your routines and/or if you'd mind sharing them.

This week has been really busy for me. I started feeling better after I started taking the antibiotics but several all-nighters with work in a row kind of have me feeling run down this weekend. I love what I do, but I kind of feel consumed by it right now and can't wait till things slow down a little at least so I don't feel guilty every time I'm doing something not work-related. I am feeling much much better than I was this time last week. Thanks for your kind thoughts, guys!

Plan-wise, week 1 of the end-of-year challenge is going well. Tomorrow is the last day of my 1st week. So far so good. I hit a new low weight ever (well... maybe since I was 10 years old) today of 153.5 lbs. Which is finally a step in the right direction weight wise. Hopefully it sticks. Calorie wise, I had a goal of four under-1400 calorie days a week, today made my 5th under-1400 calorie day. Tomorrow is supposed to be the day I'm allowed to eat at maintenance, we'll see how that goes. I might skip that this week and save it for another time. I'm not feeling "deprived." We'll see.

I hope you all are having a fab weekend!

SW: 156.5, CW:153.5, GW: 145

I'll post my other week 1 goal updates tomorrow or Monday.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #8  
Optimistic cynic

I did some completely unnecessary snacking last night and bounced back up to 133, but I'm okay with that being my high weight. I try to measure my progress by how low the high end of my bounces go, if that makes sense.

It finally stopped raining this afternoon, so I went for a jog. I did my little loop where I run down the hill, then back and forth along that block, then walk up the hill to take a little break. I did it for 40 minutes and felt pretty good. My HRM said I burned over 300 calories, so I'm happy with that. My thigh still hurts so I'm not going to press my luck with the recumbent bike just yet.

toasted, do you mind me asking what kind of work you do? I work as a tax preparer at a CPA firm so we work crazy hours before some deadlines, but never all-nighters. And I can't really say I love what I do! I hope you're doing something more worthwhile than filling out forms (like I do) and that the satisfaction you get is worth the effort you put in.

I'm going to paint my stairs tomorrow. I took the spindles out of the balustrade so I'll have to be careful not to fall through!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 350+/172/150

I haven't been on in a while but signed on and was so happy to see this. I have a little more than that left that I want to lose but do feel like I'm zeroing in on the last part of things and definitely have some diet fatigue - and a lot of frustration that the scale hasn't moved in months even though I've tried upping exercise, dropping calories, carb cycling etc...
Impressed by where you guys are and hoping I can get things moving again!
freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #10  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

freefall: Welcome. A lot of us are struggling with diet fatigue. Just keep plugging away. Maybe join our year end challenge? After doing this for so long, it's hard to keep the discipline and motivation up. I'm sure things will get moving for you again.

Steph: Well done with getting the workout in! I totally get judging progress by the high end of bounces and think that's a great idea. I work in public health communication. This means different things at different times. Right now, I write and produce radio soap operas with a message. So for example 1 project I'm working on currently is on family planning and safe motherhood. Think like old-school Lifetime after-school specials meet Days of Our Lives. I'm working on 4 unique soaps on this subject airing in 4 different cities and they have to be written in English, approved by the sponsors, translated into local languages, then produced in studio and broadcast. Three out of four of them premiere the second season this week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) and we are running SUPER-late with them which is why I've been staying up nights reviewing scripts, listening to the raw recordings, doing up new ads that will replace the promo ones once the programme goes on air etc etc. And this has to be done in addition to managing another project that's on air right now and other run-of-the-mill admin work like report-writing, dealing with collaborators, meetings, proposal-writing, trainings etc which don't end because 1 project is about to go on air. I've probably not explained this very well.

I'm TOM-ing or as my BFF says "periodical" and this month is particularly brutal for some reason. But shock of shocks, my weight has dropped again. Which never happens!!! Anyway, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'm down 0.5 lbs to a new all time low of 153!!! Which I realized means I'm in a new decade in kg, the 60s!

Here's wishing everyone a great week ahead.

Week 1 Year-End Challenge Update:
1.) SW: 156.5 CW: 153 GW: 145 (by 22/12/2012)

2.) Under 1400 calories at least 4 times a week.
I was under 1400 calories 5 times this week

3.) At most 1 maintenance calories day per week.
I had ZERO maintenance calorie days this week

4.) Work out AT LEAST 3 times a week.
I didn't work out at all this week.

5.) Run 30 minutes at speed 6 mph (9.7 kph)
SS: 5.6 mph (9.0 kph) CS: 5.6 mph (9.0 kph) GS: 6 mph (9.7 kph)

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 09-30-2012 at 04:47 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #11  
Optimistic cynic

freefall, I'm glad you're joining us! It looks like you've had great success so far. I'm know it's frustrating to feel stuck and it's hard to stay motivated. This site is a great help for me.

toasted, your job sounds difficult but gratifying. I hope your premieres go well!

I've had a full day. I painted my stairs (they're going to need another coat but the cats were tired of being shut away), cleaned out my bookcases, rearranged some art work in the living room, did laundry, and even went out for a jog. Unfortunately, it started raining when I was about halfway through what I had hoped to do so I had to cut it short. Frankly, I was struggling a bit so I wasn't too upset!

I weighed in at 132.4 this morning, just under my goal for the month - yay!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #12  
Not settling this time

S/C/G: HW/CW/GW 278/149/130

Height: 5'3

I'm in! I feel like my body is at this set-point and I need a lot of motivation as I want to reach my 15 pound goal by year-end.
Prim2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #13  
is super awesome.

Hello ladies!

toast and steph:

My at-home-crossfit was made up via pinterest, lol. I got together all the things that I thought would be crossfit-y and do them in order. Well, I didn't do them much last week during the TOM-that-wouldnt-leave, but now its over (?!?!?! ugh.) and I'm gonna get back at it tonight.

I usually do, in a random order that changes daily:

25 squats, 5 girly pushups
20 squats, 10 girly pushups
15 squats, 15 girly pushups
10 squats, 20 girly pushups
5 squats, 25 girly pushups

100 jumping jacks

60 second plank

100 walking lunges (randomly around the house)

up the stairs, down the stairs. up the stairs, down the stairs.

15 burpees, 15 jump squats

100 jumping jacks.

some kettle bell work with my 10/15/25 'bells.. usually involving squats.

Usually by the time I'm done, I'm on FIRE all over, lol... It's a good fire, though. The squats have my legs sore and the pushups have my arms sore just ... all the time now a-days, which is why I think I'm not dropping any lbs, that and the TOM from heck. BUT oh well. Must keep going.

Now if only I can get my eating back in check. SHEESH.

Last edited by kateleestar; 10-01-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #14  
Optimistic cynic

Thanks for the info, kate. It sounds brutal! I've been trying to do "real" pushups and can do about 10, although I'm not getting as low as I should. I'm getting better, though!

And I'm so with you about having trouble keeping the eating in check. I've been doing way too much mindless munching while standing in the kitchen. Just NO, on so many levels. At least I'm not eating the whole box of Amy's Organic Cheddar Bunnies, but still...{{sigh}}
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #15  
Melissa

Hi gals! I have been so busy the last couple days - both Sunday and Monday I wasn't home all day except for a minute or two in the evenings and I was barely home on Saturday either. Today, I MUST get work done for my part-time job or I'll never, ever get caught up! Ugh!

The scale is being horribly mean. I know it's water as I've eaten 'weird' food the last couple days as I've been on the run, but still - not nice to see a three pound jump for any reason.