South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Babbling - Thursday, September 27

Good morning. Kind of chilly out there this morning at 41ºF. I noticed a lot of colour in the leaves when I was driving around yesterday. We will be in full fall splendour by next weekend when we celebrate Thanksgiving.

Had kind of a hodge podge of a day yesterday with gym and then pet therapy. Today is supposed to be an at home day except for one bank run so perhaps I'll get some things done here in the hovel. Donna comes to do windows which will inspire me. I think I'll get into my jeans and work shirt and start a bit of fall garden work. I may even get that poor clematis planted.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Ruth, what a beautiful picture. I did resist trying to read the gravestones though .

I almost had a moment of depression...the allrecipes.com recipe of the day wasn't up, and the 3FC SBD thread wasn't started!! THen PHEW, I came back and Ruth started it. Thank you Ruth!

Reesie feels a bit better today (the wagger going just fine) which helps me too. Loooong day of work, and nothing besides that. Except I have a pretty little girl laying against me right now .

What's on everyone else's schedule? Did Cottage get rained out yesterday?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What a pretty picture of the Fall foliage, Ruth! I have to ignore the tombstones in the foreground, though. You know how that freaks me out, LOL. We were getting today's Daily started at the same time, but you beat me to it and somehow my post disappeared. Wow! It's definitely Fall with the mention of Thanksgiving already.

I woke up to thunder and lightening but it seems to have quieted down for now. I'll be spending my morning with Susie and Ramsay, since I played all day yesterday, and I usually spend Wednesday mornings with them. I'm thinking about spending the afternoon switching out the girls' wardrobes, but then again, we're still having lots of warm days so maybe I should wait another week or so. I'll find something to do, in any case.
Looking forward to starting my 3-day weekend tomorrow!

Tammy, how's Reese this morning? ETA- OK, I just saw your post and am glad she's doing pretty well. And, nope! We were lucky yesterday. It looked threatening a few times, but it stayed mostly sunny and we had a blast.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-27-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another stop and wave morning for me. Looks like it will be busy all of October. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off for a last of the season camping trip. I'm bringing Creamy Mexican casserole for dinner and a crockpot frittata for breakfast (and wine and cheese, of course). Now I'm off to the other side of the state for the day before heading back home for an evening meeting.

Twynn- glad Reese is having a slightly better day. thinking of you
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Tammy so glad to hear Reesie has some relief, and you too

Beautiful picture Ruth. We had a rainy, but pretty drive yesterday. Proud I gave my son almost all of the goodies to take with him to his dad's. I did keep a single serve apple pie for myself, which I ate. Also, a small amount if fudge. I must admit there pumpkin nut fudge is to die for. This is a once a year indulgence so I will allow myself to enjoy it in moderation.

Looking forward to having Mexican casserole for dinner tomorrow. I packed my food for today before it was ready, but oh boy did the house smell yummy this morning.

Have a great day, time for more coffee to get back in the swing at wok
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Dropped the girls off at school, and had to say goodbye to Mom, as she headed back to Cleveland after a MUCH TOO SHORT visit. Wish she would move closer . .

Today is the first day of my leave that I have nothing on the schedule. I think I may read a book, run the vacuum, and switch out SOME of the girls' clothes. At least a few long sleeved shirts need to be available!

Another walk is in order as the chiropractor still says no running. This is getting old!

Be well, all!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me, I am supposed to be using this quiet time to catch up

We had horrible thunderstorms on Tuesday night but yesterday and today seem to be quieter. Soccer on the agenda for tonight. Weigh in day for me tomorrow I believe it will down even if only 1/2 lb I will take it

Ruth beautiful picture

Twynn glad to hear that reesie is feeling better today

to everyone else

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I've been to the airport already...was back by 7am. Sis is gone and bro is here. We're just getting ready to head down to Denver for a little this and that.

Food goes pretty good!

Twynn, glad to hear that the "wagger" is working! That is always a good sign since it's movement originates in the heart.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, all.

So, I'm back on PH1 for the umpteenth time. I have three weeks until I head to LA and need to get my eating back in control before I go. Not to mention that I always hate packing but will hate it even more if my clothes are tight!

For some crazy reason I had the urge to clean today so have been unusually productive around the house this morning. The urge has passed and here I am instead When DH gets off the treadmill I'll hop on for a short walk. I am once again trying to gradually get back to cardio without aggravating all the various feet and leg issues.

Have a great day.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Karen -it is you and I together on PH1 again . . . hurrah for having another person without an apple . . . empathy!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick run-by fruiting. Starting to plan things in my head for next week's OP journey. I'm still enjoying (and trying not to feel too guilty) my stress-free week of indulgence, but I'm looking forward to getting control of myself and REALLY looking forward to the holidays!

Tammy, I'm so glad Reesie is feeling a little better today. Voodoo and I are sending her loads of good energy!!!

Well Anyhoozle, better get back. Hope you're all having a fabulous day!

Lisa
Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Today is my Friday and I am SO ready for the weekend. Today is one of those days where I'm having to bite my tongue b/c I know if I say what I want to say, someone is going to cry...so I just hold it in.

Ruth - Beautiful picture!!! And I am SO ready for Thanksgiving. It is one of my absolute favorite holidays!!!

Twynn - Glad to hear your pup is feeling a little better today.

Cyndi - I'm totally jealous!!! I've been trying to plan a camping trip for months now and can't seem to get it coordinated. I'm going to try again soon, though. Gotta try to get it in before it gets too cold.

jekel - OMG, pumpkin nut fudge sounds AMAZING!!! Where does one find such an amazing thing, anyway??? I would be in SERIOUS trouble as I have a serious pumpkin addiction.

Everybody else -
Closed Thread