Old 09-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #1  

Default a gain of 8lbs in one week

Hey guys,

I swear I feel like i'm failing so hard recently. I'd been hovering around the same weight for about two months. This was upsetting me but I was sticking with it. Then this past week I have been off work and of course I thought i'd allow myself the odd treat. I've weighed myself this morning to get back on my diet and i've found i put on 8lbs. How does that even happen because my odd treat was having some pizza in the middle of the day rather than having lunch and dinner. And having some pancakes for breakfast one day. I do know that I loaded on carbs though so perhaps eating more carbs than normal has done it.

All I know is that I feel so guilty, stupid and like a failure. I instantly feel like I look like a fat slob again and that I have wrecked everything. I just sit here crying because i'm so poop. The worst thing is that I know why my weight has been so funny these past few months. My husband left me which has obviously depressed me - at firST i couldn't eat at all and I dropped 16lbs in one week. Then I got back on my diet but allowed myself the odd treat rather than no treats at all. Before he left me I was so happy and I didn't need food so my diet was easy (i've lost nearly 100lbs) but now I am so depressed and just feel like there is no point. Which of course gets me angry at myself for feeling like this.

I think I need to start posting more here rather than just reading to try and stay focussed by interacting with people. Today I shall be going crazy for water and making sure that I stick to my plan. Thankfully tomorrow I am back at work and with my regular routine I should get back on track.
Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Sending a hug and positive vibes your way.
Stress sucks and it plays havoc with our weight. You're not a failure, do not think that way. You're human. You sound strong and are back on plan, that's what counts!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Don't beat yourself up over this, put it behind you and get back on track. You know you can do it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

First of Hugs! I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now and I'm sending all the best wishes and positive thoughts and prayers to you and your situation.

Don't give up. It's totally worth it. You've come so far and lost sooo much don't punish yourself by throwing it away. I'm beyond impressed that you are able to even weigh in and consider getting back on plan through such a traumatic situation. Well done! That was the right step, I mean. Weight is weight and is not permanent. You've lost this 8 lbs before and you can do it again. Although as you say, I SERIOUSLY doubt you gained 8 lbs in a week! It's probably stress, carbs, water, and any one of a myriad other things. Please take care of yourself and be kind to yourself during this time. Don't beat yourself up over something as transient as weight. I don't think you need that right now.

You have scores of pounds that say you're not a failure and even if you hadn't, ultimately it's just weight, it's not permanent and has no bearing on how great or valuable or successful a person you really are. Hugs and take care of yourself!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WAFFLES ~ I'm so sorry about what you are going through; that in itself is extremely stressful and a lot of what you're feeling will stem from that. You are actually grieving the relationship, etc. Now, you are NOT stupid or anything else. Like someone else said -- you are just a human being, who has had a huge hurt dumped on them.

When those negative thoughts come, counteract them with things like -- "NO, I will not allow you to take my happiness and joy away from me. NO, you will not steel my life from me. NO, you will not steel my health from me. NO, you will not steel my success from me!" And so on ...

Most of that 8 lbs is water-weight and probably from some salt in the pizza; just keep going and that will come back off in no time. Yes, continue to come here often -- the people here are caring and so very supportive. They know how you feel becuz they've been through many stress issues themselves. Remember to be kind to yourself each and every day ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #6  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Yikes, I feel your pain with hovering around the same weight for two months. I've been going through the same thing. As for the 8 pound jump, that seems a bit much for some pizza and pancakes. I find my weight jumped drastically when I have eaten more sodium than normal and didn't add extra water intake. Maybe that was part of your problem? Stick it out! You are not a failure, until you fail to try!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #7  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Sending hugs!
You are definitely in the same boat as MANY people here. We all slip up sometimes, but you are definitely on the right track facing it and doing something about it. Posting here definitely helps, too.
Hang in there, you can do this. And I'm sure that at least some of those pounds are just water weight, not real weight gain.
Stay strong!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote