Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Facing Your Once Fears

I usually post in 20 somethings, but I'm not sure how many will relate...

Do any of you have a bucket list of things you want to do once you've shed some/enough/all of your weight?

I am going to 6 Flags this Friday for the first time in 7 years and I *should* fit. I'm nervous still, I'm scared, I'm anxious, but I should fit.

7 years ago I went and I didn't fit. It was humiliating. It was embarrassing. I cried. It was every ounce of devastation possible.

...but this Friday I should fit. I'll have to see it to believe it. This is one of many things I still want to do, but was curious what else people had!

So, what's on your list?
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I understand how you feel. I bet that you will fit now!

I have a range of goals.

At the top of my list is being able to cross my legs regardless of what chair I am sitting in.

I want to be able to catch my granddaughter if she starts running.
I want to be able to spend the day at the zoo and not be in pain afterwards.
I want to fly in a plane and have spare space in the seat.

There are many more but my largest is a trip to England. I don't see much point in going if I just have to ride around to see the country. I want to be able to walk, climb stairs and do whatever is available. I don't want to have to worry about the size of seats.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #3  
missaprylj

Yeah, flying without anxiety over the whole seat/seatbelt/person next to me/tray table situation. And then, when I get seated next to people larger than I am, I'm going to be NICE and POLITE. It will blow minds.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I want to wear a bathing suit. I haven't worn one since I was 12 years old. I used to love to swim, it was one of my favorite things to do. My Mom even referred to me as a "little duck" because I'd swim in circles around our pool just because I loved the water so much.

It's been 12 years since I last took a swim.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Good luck to all of you on doing the things you feel you can't right now. But don't stop your life just because you think you might be too heavy to do something.

To SoMuchFattitude - You're going to be fine. I was over 250 (and I'm just a little bit taller than you) when I rode rides at Cedar Point, Disney, and Universal. No problems, really. I'm so jealous you're going to Six Flags. I love amusement parks - especially the metal coasters. Have fun.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #6  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I went to Six flags at 240 lb, and I was so nervous but I did fit on all the rides, and I had a blast. So have fun!!
I want to go skydiving! Some places will let you skydive if you are under 230,k but most places want you under 200 (or they charge you extra). So that's what I want to do as my reward for when I get into onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
I usually post in 20 somethings, but I'm not sure how many will relate...

Do any of you have a bucket list of things you want to do once you've shed some/enough/all of your weight?

I am going to 6 Flags this Friday for the first time in 7 years and I *should* fit. I'm nervous still, I'm scared, I'm anxious, but I should fit.

7 years ago I went and I didn't fit. It was humiliating. It was embarrassing. I cried. It was every ounce of devastation possible.

...but this Friday I should fit. I'll have to see it to believe it. This is one of many things I still want to do, but was curious what else people had!

So, what's on your list?
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

I want to get pin-up style boudoir photos taken as a gift for my fiance. His birthday is in February and (goal or not) I am doing it!!!

Last edited by westcoast rosa; 09-25-2012 at 03:00 PM.
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I was thinking the same thing as Lin. I really don't have a list of things I want to do when I reach goal. I have been on roller coasters and airplanes at my highest and it wasn't an issue. I would say wearing a bikini...but I'm not sure I will even want to do that once I get there.

I love to swim, so I swim. I don't see any reason to stop doing something I love until I get to goal. I will admit that at my heaviest I often did the walk right to the edge of the pool and take off my tshirt/towel/coverup thing. At the beach I prefer to walk along the edge of the water more than actually swim anyway. So, I wear shorts and a tank top. I was not especially comfortable in my swimming suit, especially at my heaviest. A few times I even wore a tshirt in the pool before I decided that is just ridiculous...and I just sucked it up and did it.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #9  

Location: Boulder, CO- but moving back to NJ in less than one week!

S/C/G: 252/185/135

Height: 5'4"

While I don't have a list of things to do when I hit goal, I must say I am looking forward to bathing suit shopping (for quite possibly the first time in my entire life, LOL!) next summer. I know I won't be as skinny as a lot of the girls on the beach, but I won't be ashamed to wear a bathing suit and actually get in the water.

And I'm planning a trip to Poland in the spring- no more worries if I will fit in the airplane seat or be numb on arrival from having squeezed into a seat far too small for me!
xirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #10  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

I'm looking forward to have one less thing that causes me social anxiety. Just one less thing that makes me feel inferior and unwelcome.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Although I don't let anything emotional stop me, sometimes there's simply rules and regulations that stop me! I think SoMuchFattitude's inability to fit at Six Flags is the same. Had she fit 7 years ago, I don't think she would have not rode roller coasters!

My "once" is taking trapeze lessons. I have to be under 200 pounds AND hold my body weight on a low bar for 20 seconds. ACK!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #12  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Yes, had I been able to fit I would have ridden. LOL. Definitely not the mentality behind it, but the logistics.

Kudos to trapeze lessons.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Friday is tomorrow. Please report back on all the fun things you did. And I'm sure the top of the list will be "walked all day without trouble." Have a blast.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

I have been doing the things I want to do as I go. Each few pounds has made me more able to walk and bicycle. Before I quit smoking and gained so much weight, I could ride 28 miles on the bicycle. I want to be able to do that again and more.

For "just once" I would love to be fit and healthy and strong enough to do a back country/wilderness hiking overnight. I am nowhere near able to carry enough supplies...YET, but that has been a longing of mine since I first started to lose weight/walk/hike. We live in northwestern Wyoming and there are mountains and more mountains all around us. I want to see more of the landscape up close and personal and go places where we can't take a car and take longer than just a day out and back.

Oh, and I want to go snowshoeing. I've never been. I think I will be able to do that this winter (fingers crossed)

Really each day I feel able to do a little more, sometimes a very little, but more is more, I say!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #15  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

for me, what i want to do is somewhat fitness-related but not necessarily....i want to ride motorcycles with my husband (or at least on the back of his) the length of historic Route 66...i want to fly to Europe and research my family history in a little Czech village...while those arent fitness goals really, i do need to be in shape to do those and enjoy it
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote