Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #1  

Default New and Looking For Buddies!

Hey everyone,

l'm Dani and I'm looking for some buddies to share my journey with I just need someone to help keep me motivated, share their tips/tricks and pick me up on those days when things go bad and of course I promise to be a great buddy in return!

I'm currently 5'3" and 120lbs and have found on other forums that people weren't very supportive as they thought that I did not need to lose any weight because I'm already a healthy weight for my height. I know that I don't need to lose 'weight', and I don't actually want to, I would just like to lose the stubborn 2-3 inches sitting around my stomach, arms and thighs so I can fit comfortably back into a size 8 ready for my 21st birthday in December Being 5'3" I just feel that the extra pounds make me look chubby - something which I was told repeatedly while on holidays this year - and so this time I'm determined that they have to go.

For the past two weeks I've been doing a Zumba routine 5-6 times a week which I'm really enjoying and although I've been eating relatively healthily I've had more than a few cheat meals recently so I've decided to start officially on Monday when I am back in university and can shop for myself.

I'm just going to continue with the Zumba and add in some arm/ab toning sessions 3 times a week with the aim of building lean muscle to speed up my metabolism naturally. I'm also going to cut down on carbs, mainly by swapping cereal, pasta, rice and bread with fruit and veg. I think I'll have to allow myself one day a week for carbs though as I'm pretty much an addict! lol aiming for 1100kcal allowance a day which along with my zumba should get me around 1.5lbs fat loss a week (hoping to lose around 10 by the 1st of December)

If anyone would like to be my buddy or just has any advice/suggestions for me please let me know!

Best wishes to you all!
Dani
Bunklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

HI! Welcome. IMO your weight loss goals are just as respectable as anyone else's. At some point I'll be trying to lose those last 5 or 10 "vanity" pounds too, and I certainly wouldn't want anyone begrudging me that.

There is a section, Featherweights, that is specifically for those who don't have a lot to lose. NOT to say you aren't absolutely welcome anywhere on the forums, you most certainly are!!! I lurk over there a lot because I long to be so close to my goal. I'm not terribly far, but still kind of.

I'm a big supporter of lifting! It really helps with body recomposition, which it sounds like you are aiming for. I personally think it does more for the body than cardio!

Anyway, again - welcome!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230 lbs/ 227.4 lbs/ 135 lbs

Height: 5'7"

aw. welcome.
I kind of know how u feel. I have quite a bit of weight to lose but apparently i dont hold it badly, so most people are always trying to tell me that i dont have to lose anything. But Im 230, and 5'7".
People dont always understand and you just need to feel comfortable in your own skin. If thats a few inches and a couple pounds or tons of inches and tons of pounds it doesnt matter.
Id love to have a buddy. Im fairly new here as well.
Good Luck in your goals!!
kellrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #4  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Dani,

Although my experiences and goals are far from yours (I have a LONG journey still to go to lose a lot of weight), I can respect what you are trying to do. If I had your mindset when I was your age I may not have allowed myself to reach the level of obesity that was (and still am) at. I admire your convictions and your commitment to yourself. Don't ever let anybody tell you you don't "need" to do anything. All that matters is what you think.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote