Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #1  
Battling pcos daily

S/C/G: 235/195/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Depressed

So today I am just so tired and depressed.... Have been for a few days actually. I've missed going to the gym because it's all I can do to make it through the day and I cannot get my *** to the gym. I feel so bad and just had to confess. Anyone else have days like this? Where you are just so down in the dumps or tired that you can't bring yourself to go? Ugh. I need to get out of this funk :-(
Clmiller0782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I feel this way sometimes. I think we all do. Maybe if you drag yourself out the front door for a very short walk, you will feel encouraged again? That helps me sometimes.

Is there something specific that you think is making you feel this way? Hungry Angry Lonely Tired? Maybe you need to switch up your routine. Or maybe you are not having any fun and need to go do something that isn't totally diet and exercise focused. Go window shopping at the mall and not buy anything, just walk around it like you are doing laps. Get a diet pop from the Orange Julius store.

It sounds like you need an emotional break and some self-care.

I hope you feel better.

Barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 09-25-2012 at 06:19 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

I have definitely had those days. I usually make myself go because I know that I will feel so much better both mentally and physically after I do. I find that planning to meet a workout buddy helps because then i don't want to let them down by not showing up.

Good luck!
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #4  
Battling pcos daily

Thanks for the responses! It's much appreciated. I did decide that I'll drag myself to lap swim at the YMCA at 7:45 tonight. I also did some little exercises at home.

I'm having a lot of financial stress currently... And also not happy with current living situation. It's too expensive to heat -- about $2500 a winter, if I keep the thermostat to 64 degrees or less. I looked at a place tonight which was SO much nicer than my current place, and all inclusive -- water, heat, electricity, laundry.... Was so nice. But can't afford the 3 months up front. Ugh!! So tired of struggling with money.

Anyhow, I guess I should be thankful I have a roof over my head though. Even if it's not my dream place.

I think my stress level is keeping me from losing weight too. I haven't lost a pound in over 5 months! Even though my cortisol levels are normal according to blood work. I think it's still impacting my body in bad ways.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Oh yes, I have had plenty of those days. Sometimes getting up and exercising is the best cure.... if you can make yourself do it. I'm glad you did!

The trouble with traditional blood tests for cortisol is that it only shows your level for the one time during that one day. The best test, IMHO, is the 24 hour saliva test. Sadly, you will likely have to pay out of pocket for this test.

At least you know exercise will help with the stress, sleep, good food.... Seems that's about the best you can do right now. Keep at it!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

When I have these days, which is often, most of the time I just tell myself "stop it! Get dressed for the gym and get it done!" I committed to this process for another year and am going to keep my commitment.

That being said, I try to read my body signals. There are some days when I truly am just plain exhausted, and I decide that getting a couple hours extra rest would be better for me in the long run. Doesn't happen often, but I don't feel so guilty about it anymore either. As long as it doesn't lead to getting up early so I can binge, I'm ok.

Rey listening to your body. Are you truly exhausted? If so, get the rest. If you are just being whiny-baby and pouting then suck it up and go! Some of my best workouts have come on days when I nearly convinced myself that I couldn't eat up that day because I was tired.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #7  
Battling pcos daily

Good news all -- I forced myself to get my butt off the couch and go to the YMCA! I didn't workout as hard or long as usual, but I went and tonight that was a victory for me. I did lap swim for 30 min and swam about 25-28 laps... Which is pretty good for me. I also did some jumping jacks at home, squats, lunges, planks, push ups... For about 15-20 min. So I feel good that I went even though I had my mind made up that I wasn't up for it tonight. Yay!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #8  

I'm sure we al have struggled with days like the days youe've had lately. We just need to reach out to a friend and talk. It's especially nice to talk with a person with the same struggles. I get bummed out and turn to food so it' nice to have a support system. Lets stick together and cheer each other on.
Patty
Atwar4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #9  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Sometimes what I do for exercise is put on some fun music and just dance and jump around like an idiot. If I'm feeling bad I'm a million times more likely to do that than anything else. Plus it's fun.

Maybe you could try some yoga for your stress levels too.

Sorry to hear that you're stressed, that sucks about the house. I guess if you can save even a little bit every week maybe for next Winter you'll be able to find something better?
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #10  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

Well losing weight is really hard no matter how much you have to lose. But I am SO impressed at the fact you have lost 50 pounds, that is insane! Don't lose heart now! I agree with what others have said about getting some support from other people so you feel happier. And is there anyone you could rent a flat with/borrow three months rent off?
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #11  
Battling pcos daily

Hi all. Thanks again for the replys! I'm glad I did force myself to go to the gym yesterday... And I'm doing the same today. As far as my stress level and financial/living situation stuff goes... It's just an unfortunate situation where I'm struggling to make ends meet and very rarely am able to save any of my paychecks. It seems like when I finally am able to out some away, something comes up and it's gone again.

I am 30 y/o and have had to borrow money from my mom a few times in the last 2 months, which for me is so embarrassing! So I couldn't ask her to give me nearly 3 grand for this other apartment. It wouldn't be right. I'll just deal with where I'm at now.

It's great to have a place to vent. Also thank god I have an appt with my therapist next week! Lol.