Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Default How do you stick to this diet!

Hi,

I am just trying to figure out how I am going to stick to this diet for 2 to 3 more months. Can someone tell me how you keep going when you get bored with the diet.
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Please tell me too! I went way off plan over the weekend, had our grandson's over, made homemade chilli and potato soup and i ate a small bowl of each fri/sat night! We did smore's over a fire sat night and i had one of those too! It felt good not to weigh my food, write in my journal, etc. I gained 2.2 lbs from it but i lost 1.2 lbs today and got back on track! But i still want to reach my goal just not sure how i can if i keep getting hungry between meals and have the cravings, what happens when you do go into maintenance!!

Please help!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

they told me that if you are hungry its probably that you ate to many carbs the day before, but I too and finding it harder and harder to stick to it.
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #4  
Its a change not a diet

S/C/G: 196/186/155

Height: 5'7

I have noticed that when I make meals that are similar to things that I ate before starting my weight loss that I fill more full.
erinwithane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinwithane View Post
I have noticed that when I make meals that are similar to things that I ate before starting my weight loss that I fill more full.
so you eat foods not on the menu plans?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #6  

Are you all drinking the protein drinks? They make me so full I find myself not being able to eat all of my protein and starch. I'm on the beige menu but with those protein drinks I have felt very full and not so hungry at all. I almost have to force myself to eat. Maybe down the line the cravings come back? I am only on my second week but I am soooooooo not hungry
cassie143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I have to fix a different meat and veggie every day and usually alternate between poultry and fish with pork and beef thrown in every couple days. My lunches are almost always salads and I love them. Usually add minds and or berries
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

For me the key is planning. I've got chicken in the crockpot today and browned some ground turkey last night. I wash and dice veggies on Sundays usually. I've got tons of frozen veggies that can be quickly steamed at dinner.

Breakfast is usually greek yogurt & berries (3x/week), eggs in a low carb tortilla, or a protein bar if I'm on the run.

I try to make a few days of salads ahead of time for quick grab for lunches. I leave the meat & dressing separate, and put a paper towel over the veggies to absorb the moisture.

Here's another thought...I decided recently (after reading nwcgina's blog) that if I'm paying someone to help me lose weight, then I'd better take advantage of it. I've never paid for a program before, only tried it on my own. So if I'm investing in this program, then I should invest in myself and follow the program.

Hope that helps...
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #9  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazie View Post
For me the key is planning. I've got chicken in the crockpot today and browned some ground turkey last night. I wash and dice veggies on Sundays usually. I've got tons of frozen veggies that can be quickly steamed at dinner.

Breakfast is usually greek yogurt & berries (3x/week), eggs in a low carb tortilla, or a protein bar if I'm on the run.

I try to make a few days of salads ahead of time for quick grab for lunches. I leave the meat & dressing separate, and put a paper towel over the veggies to absorb the moisture.

Here's another thought...I decided recently (after reading nwcgina's blog) that if I'm paying someone to help me lose weight, then I'd better take advantage of it. I've never paid for a program before, only tried it on my own. So if I'm investing in this program, then I should invest in myself and follow the program.

Hope that helps...
Meazie: I agree also, sundays i cut up all my fruits (strawberries, cantelope, etc.) put in snack baggies, and have tons of steamable veggies, and yes boy have i paid into this, i didn't have any idea how expensive it was until it was too late to back out. I have 7 wks left to reach my goal, i'm praying i make it.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I have 7 wks left to reach my goal, i'm praying i make it.
You CAN DO IT!! Stay focused and on track.
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #11  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazie View Post
You CAN DO IT!! Stay focused and on track.

Thanks meazie, i'm really really trying!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #12  

I guess I need to change my meals a little...try some new things. I think I'll try the egg in a tortilla..that sounds good. Right now any change would help.

Skelley...why do you have to lose your weight by a certain time? Don't you go straight into maintenience? I think you can still keep losng when you get there. You have one year of this.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #13  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
I guess I need to change my meals a little...try some new things. I think I'll try the egg in a tortilla..that sounds good. Right now any change would help.

Skelley...why do you have to lose your weight by a certain time? Don't you go straight into maintenience? I think you can still keep losng when you get there. You have one year of this.
Hi cmarty, yeah i read my contract again and if I don't reach my goal weight by 11/12/12 then i can continue until i do but must be done with in a year then after you reach the goal weight you go into maintenance for a year, at least that's what my contract says, its no additional cost except for the supplements and HNS. I figured up how much i've paid out so far and wow, i wish i wouldn't have. LOL
Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #14  

Skelley,

Ok Girl, Lets just chill then. By golly we've spent this money and we're gonna get back what we have put into it. We are gonna reach our goal. We are gonna do this together! I am about the same weight as you.. so I think we can reach our goals at about the same time!
Hang in there.. I need a buddy to see me through as I am getting a little bored with this diet!
I actually want to weigh around 128 but the center set me at 142. I am very small boned so I think I should weigh less.

Last edited by cmarty; 09-26-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #15  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Skelley,

Ok Girl, Lets just chill then. By golly we've spent this money and we're gonna get back what we have put into it. We are gonna reach our goal. We are gonna do this together! I am about the same weight as you.. so I think we can reach our goals at about the same time!
Hang in there.. I need a buddy to see me through as I am getting a little bored with this diet!
I actually want to weigh around 128 but the center set me at 142. I am very small boned so I think I should weigh less.
Ok cmarty i'm ready and i would love to be your buddy, they set me at 147 but i'm 5'7 and medium boned. I go friday to weigh in, i'm down 3.1 lbs according to my scales since i weighed in on 9/14 but when i go to the center i'm always 1lb heavier! I have one more day so i'm going strong and i've done everything this week perfect! thanks for all your support!
I was getting bored too but i bought some wonderslim pancakes and walden farms 0 everything pancake syrup and eat those for breakfast with some fruit once thru the week and once on the weekend and i'm still losing! I'm shooting for 142, i would like to be 5 lbs under my goal.