South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Monday Sept 24 South Beach Chat

Good morning chicks! Guess our mods are sleeping in from their busy weekends, hope Cottage and Ruth enjoyed their visit, and that Cyndi has a fridge full of awesome food. Congrats to Lisa on gettin' hitched!! I loved seeing your pics on fb!

So, my dog wasn't getting painful legs, it was that the cancer has gone to her nervous system. She can still use her back legs, but not well. I am hoping I can keep her comfortable until the weekend til I can let her go, unless the meds help her significantly. I'm honestly not sure she can wait that long, she gets distressed at her new situation. I try to look at it as, well, she and I ran 4 miles last Monday, and had a great time. Also, at least it's my dog and not my kids. Sorry that you hear me babble about this!

Otherwise, it's off to work, take the pup to the smells at a park, and then DD's violin lesson. And wine. Definately will need a glass of wine tonight.

What's in your plans today?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Tammy, my heart goes out to you and I hope you can keep Reesie comfortable and the meds kick in and do their work. You can talk about her as much as you want, she's an important member of your family and I think we all want to know how she's doing.

Congratulations to Lisa on your marriage and I wish you many blessings!

I had a wonderful weekend with good friends and way too much good food, and the house we rented was just gorgeous! Sadly, though, the days just flew by and now it's back to the grind.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #3  
Faith in me

Good morning ladies...Twynn so sorry to hear about your sweet pup....Well I thought I'd give you ladies a chuckle this morning...I went to make mock oatmeal for the first time and I was going to sprinkle cinnamon on it....well I grabbed what I thought was cinnamon and instead grabbed the cayenne pepper...imagine my surprise.....tossed that out and made a new batch lol Well I better get ready for work....You ladies have a wonderful day!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morining

HistoryChick, thats pretty funny! I think thats worse than salt instead of sugar.

Twynn, my thoughts are with you today. With Lexxiss there were good days and bad days then finally everything progressed way too fast.

Ok, gotta run...off to work and I slept in, I haven't had coffee yet!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Quick fly-by, it's the start of another work week. Counting down to Friday off and one last camping trip with lot of hiking and kayaking. I see more crockpot use this week - chili and fritatta for camping

Twynn, thinking about you and Reesie
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, TwynnB I too am so sorry you are going through this. I concur with Linda, don't apologize for sharing this with us. I am sure we all wish we could do something to help you through this. At least we can listen and perhaps give you some comfort or send you wine *hugs*

Sorry the weekend flew by,but glad everyone enjoyed their time off.

I am off until Thursday. Nothing exciting planned, just more pedaling, housework, yard work and purging crap from the garage. I actually started that one last night (what was I thinking) Next week I will start my big cleaning good reason as my friend Rick arrives on the 17th or is it the 14th.

Smoothie and coffee time
Old 09-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Twynn so sorry to hear about reesie to you

Cottage glad to hear you all had a great time this weekend.

Congratulations to Lisa on her wedding, great pics on FB

It is off toma chilly start Today, just got work, DD2 has a soccer game but it is in opposite direction of work so I will not make it home in time but DH is going to take her. I have had two weekends in a row of staying op so my scale is rewarding me.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Twynn - sorry to hear that you are going thru so much with your pup.

Cottage - great that you and Ruth had such a good time. Isn't it great to get some time off

HC - that is funny, it reminded me of the time my MIL used cayenne to make coffee.

Debbie - hope you get a chance to slow down today.

Cyndi - hope the weekend comes soon for you. I have to take my crockpot out for the fall too.

Jen - being off till Thursday is exciting enough. Enjoy your clean up, it will be rewarding at the end.

Pearlrose - congratulations on clean eating.

me - nothing too exciting. I'm off to make my soupe de la semaine (soup of the week). The answer to happy retirement. My DH never has to ask me what's for lunch.
take care
Sophie
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #9  

Good to see everyone again - and hoping I keep my act together!! After great success last spring/summer/fall, I really lost myself. Rebuilt the wagon yesterday and hopped back on, so here goes!

Twynn - so hard to lose an animal family member. The only thing that has helped over the years is knowing how loved they feel as a part of the family.

Now -a bout this crockpot thing - I am almost 44, and I have never actually used mine for anything besides heating meatballs and making cider. True. Favorite crockpot meals, anyone??

Off to plan a better set of food choices -
Be well!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. I should be snuggled up in my bed still sleeping, but for some reason I can't sleep. So I finally caved and got up and fixed myself some breakfast instead. Sipping on my first cup of coffee while I catch up here and then I'm going to go start cleaning out closets and exciting stuff like that.

I think I'll detail my car later, too...it's in dire need as my gray back seats now look black b/c of all the dog hair Shadow has left in my vehicle, LOL She LOVES to ride, though, and I have a hard time getting out the door w/o her.

I'll come back later for personals. Have a great day, everybody!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #11  
sophie

Lisa - how did I miss you - congratulation on getting hitched.

Natasha - have a nice day off

Bea - I remember you. You can do it again.

take care
Sophie
Old 09-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey, gals.

I've been to the gym for my workout with my mom and trainer, and to Whole Foods. I see the chiropractor early afternoon then head to work for the closing shift. Busy day for me.

Twynn - So sorry about your pup.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Bea, I too am a crock pot Virgin. Next week I plan on making Cyndi's Mexican casserole and chili. Check out the recipe section, there is a sub forum just for slow cookers. Together we can do this lol. My poor crock pot has been sitting in the attic, brand new for years
Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Lisa - CONGRATS!
Twynn -

to all!

I am just trying to get myself prepared to go back to "work" next week and figure out what I am going to do. I keep going through fits of rage and feeling sorry for myself

Off to do more cooking

Last edited by jenne1017; 09-24-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Bah!!! I've been a supervisor for 5 years and today, for the first time, I overslept and was late for staff meeting. Boo!!! I don't even know what happened, either. I thought I must have turned my alarm off, but when I checked it later it was still showing that it was on. *shrugs* I'll probably get a day off for that...but it was my fault, so I'll accept my punishment.

Goodnight, ladies.
Closed Thread