Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Maintainers Vol 8

Ok, y'all are over 500 post and I didn't want y'all not to have some where to post so I opened a new thread for y'all....Lisa
Old 09-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

thanks wuv - btw you look fabulous and i see that you'll be joining us in no time

For those who would like to do yoga...i LOVE yoga and it IS quite the workout, more like strenght..i often felt as sore the next day doing yoga than strenght. There's a more advance class on wednesday at the Y that is 1 hour and 15 minutes and it kicks my butt. I'm very flexible but don't have great balance so i still fall over sometimes, lol. Don't be afraid to try it, i guarantee you'll be happily surprised!

Liz - OMG you look fabulous, love your pictures...what a change huh! thanks for the info on zumba, hopefully i'll be able to try it next week...gotta check the fall schedule at the Y. I wish i was able to work out before work in the morning cause i'm a morning person and have more energy than at night but since i leave for work at 7 and the Y only opens at 6, i don't have time.

So down another 1.8 i'm amazed that i was able to lose 10.8 of the 12.8lb i had gained in only five days!. Hopefully i'll be below goal by monday as i'm doing a quick phase off next week as i want a cheat day for a wedding that we're going away overnight for next saturday.

Mom2c - congrats on the size 4 pants

All you're all doing well!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

OOPS, didn't see the new thread - thanks wuv! (just cut and pasted from the end of the thread to here)

lizz awe, you're an inspiration to me too! You look FAB dahling! I like my little goal thread...when I have a blue day or need a boost in confidence I go there and read what nice people have had to say.

maile YAY for going into your second year (figured you should read that again since you liked it)....let us know what's in the package??

cap actually I'm a big BIG outside activities girl for the winter...and I used to be big into cross country skiing...specifically racing 5 and 10 km (when I was in junior high). I've already asked for new skate skis for Christmas...or at least some cash to put towards the investment...as they are typically pretty pricey. That was the reasoning behind me starting to run, so that I could go more then 200 metres without gasping for breath! Yoga is considered a workout...although I understand your hesitation...why not get a video, there are some good 20 minute videos you can do right before bed that are "yoga de-stress" ones. When I'm super stressed I used them (probably should use them more then when I'm just stressed though!)

busymom that's a HOUSEFUL, understand your user name more and more

All you guys and your spin classes, make me jealous..I wish I could do spin...I cannot as I broke my tail bone a few years ago...like not just a crack but a BREAK...so no biking for me...probably EVER! :/

Going off for a balloon ride this weekend with my mama and then to a Rider's game...WOOT WOOT!!! So excited to see her
Old 09-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Ishbel - OMG a balloon ride, how awsome. I take it you're not scared of height, lol. Let us know how it goes.

Sucks about the spin class...i wanted to try too but i don't think i can keep up, lol.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks Lisa!!!!

Scale down to 126 this morning. I am supposed to be on Phase 3, but I think I will do Phase 2 in earnest for a couple of weeks. I have been screwing around, not really doing it properly because I am still a little above goal. I need to move forward and learn about real food. I've been stalling.

I do yoga once a week. It's good stuff, and it can burn a lot of calories. I'd love to go to hot yoga again, but I'm trying to spend less money, so my basement is the place for me.

Rest day today. It rocks!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

LizRR those picks are great. I still can't figure out how to post...I'm going to try using a real computer instead of my iPad and see.

Cap-I completely understand your hesitation about yoga. I did yoga years ago, but now I was more intensity! On Fridays I do a great circuit and then stay for an hour of Pilates. I find Pilates even better than yoga.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Bump
I start phase 4 on Tuesday! Happy and terrified all at the same time!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #8  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Bump
I start phase 4 on Tuesday! Happy and terrified all at the same time!
Yay!!! I'm a week behind you!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Yay!!! I'm a week behind you!
I am starting p4 on Friday! So excited to spend the day with girlfriends to celebrate
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to maintaining! You will probably see that many of us maintainers have gained a bit over the summer! It is a constant battle! My only advice is weigh regularly and get any continued gain in check ASAP!

Happy Sunday!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Welcome to maintaining! You will probably see that many of us maintainers have gained a bit over the summer! It is a constant battle! My only advice is weigh regularly and get any continued gain in check ASAP!

Happy Sunday!
Exactly! I am fighting a 5 pound gain and it doesn't come off as easily as it did first round. Oh wait, in my case it didn't come off easily then either!
But get on any gain immediately before it gets a chance to settle and turn to bedrock again.

Pat
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Good Morning Maintainers!

I have a question.
In our clinic we still enter phase 2 at 90% of goal.
When I weighed in on Friday I weighed 156 (should start phase 2 at 155). My coach said perhaps next week or the week after.
I know there's weight gain in phase 3. I really want to do this properly, but i'm a bit scared of transitioning. I guess my question is - how much did you fluxuate & is it better to get to my goal (150), then start phase 2 or should I go slightly below goal?
Old 09-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #13  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Heitina: I stayed on Phase 1 until I reached my goal..Others here did not. Some people gained in Phase 3 and others did not. I did not gain in Phase 3.
I am happier going below goal so I have a cushion when my weight fluctuates.

Ishbel: we have a hot air balloon stampede in our town. Have fun.

Maddie: I love your pictures. You look spectacular.

Delgen Hope you enjoy Phase 4. That is exciting.
Sewingmomma: you are on your way.

Pat and Momto2cs: Good advice. Losing weight is never easy and tackling it as soon as possible is important.

Busymom: good job on losing!

Thanks wuv2: you look wonderful.

Hope everyone is enjoying your Sunday.. I am sick of all the smoke in the skies~~

Last edited by Maile; 09-23-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

MAILE GOOD TO SEE YOUR FACE!! That's your this year's school picture (the book background gives it away)??? You look fab!! We didn't go, he couldn't get it up! (tee hee) - the wind was low but it was swirly so it kept collapsing on itself. We'll probably go next year. Would love to see a balloon stampede, I've seen 100's of balloons at the Calgary Stampede in years past (not sure if they still do that)

Heitina Go to 100% (it's new on the protocol) so talk to your coach and request that you go 100%...she should listen, it's your body I lost phasing off but not everyone does that.

patns & mom2c I agree, get it off immediately, don't wait...I lost the weight from Scotland because I didn't wait and fixed it 'now'.

I went for my first run in a month, it was hard but not as hard as I expected. Feels great to be back.

I'm ALMOST ready to change my avatar to my face...hmmmm...kinda like my riders logo

Off to watch the game! LATER SKATERS!

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-23-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I am watching football in a bar. It is TOUGH!
Closed Thread