Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Smile Halloween Candy Pledge

I just saw the No Halloween Candy Pledge in the Living Maintenance Group and my husband has already brought some home, so I think it is time to make a plan.

Whether you are going to totally avoid the candy, limit your amount, or eat all you want, having a plan is helpful. I pledge that I will not eat one bite of Halloween candy this year. It has been too hard for me to get rid of sugar cravings to risk getting them started again.

So..... how are you going to handle Halloween Candy this year?
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Except for the occasional sugar-free package, I no longer buy bags of candy regardless of the occasion. If I am given candy by someone else, I'll enjoy it in small amounts (as long as it's a kind I genuinely like, as there's a lot of candy out there that just isn't worth the calories).
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Hmm... I hadn't even thought about this. Probably a good time to start! Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #4  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Red face Oh geeeezzz

I'll try I hope not to slip into a coma but I LOVE CANDY !

The aftermath will so not be worth the feeling I'll have after.

1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

Default I've been thinking about this, too

My plan is to buy Kit-Kats for the trick or treaters, as I can leave them alone. I will eat no Halloween candy, and have asked my husband to keep any candy he buys for himself at the office. I am a Midnight Candy Ransacker, so I have to do what I have to do to protect myself!
Brandnewday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #6  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I am lucky that I can control myself around these things. I don't do trick or treaters, nor do I predict being around small children...SO? Maybe Halloween weekend I'll have a couple small pieces of candy, I'm not worried about it. I'm more worried about the drinking that comes along with Halloween in my age group.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Quote:
My plan is to buy Kit-Kats for the trick or treaters, as I can leave them alone. I will eat no Halloween candy, and have asked my husband to keep any candy he buys for himself at the office. I am a Midnight Candy Ransacker, so I have to do what I have to do to protect myself!
We normally get about 200 Trick or Treaters so my husband likes to buy lots of candy. Of course, he is making sure that he has plenty of his favorites left. On my request, he puts the candy away some place where I won't see it everyday. That works well for us. He probably doesn't eat as much of it either since he can't eat it in front of me.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #8  
Come see me on Fitocracy!

S/C/G: 273.0/248.4/240.0(Goal 1)

Height: 5'10"

I don't know what my plan is for candy. It depends on if I make my Halloween challenge or not. If I do, I might have some candy. If I don't, I won't. I'll know the plan closer to the day.
Quantum Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/191.3/135

Height: 5'7

I will only eat ONE piece, and only ON Halloween!

Here's how i will make that happen:
1. I will continue to indulge in my daily tiny square of dark
Chocolate.
2. For the trick or treaters, I'm only buying candy I don't like. Such as skittles, starburst, yuck.
NoSuchUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I love this post on Halloween candy alternatives. I loved trick-or-treating as a kid but the fact of the matter is that I certainly would have loved non-candy stuff just as much as candy. It's not like the post is suggesting toothbrushes (which the local dentist gave out every year).

This blogger gave away glow sticks last year. Do you know what I would have given as a kid to get a glow stick? A lot of candy, that is for sure!

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/201...without-candy/
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #11  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Starting last year, we stopped giving out stuff becuz the year before we only had about a dozen kiddies come; each year, there seemed to be less & less. The parents drive the kids around now too, and they are very selective where they go (which is good really).

Plus, there are so many parties in our community & churches now that the kids go to them instead. We have a couple of houses on our street that really go all out with the decorations, lights, and candy (like we used to), but they still only get about a dozen or less kids with their own grandchildren.

So, no candy issues for me anymore ... When we were kids, there were a few people who use to give pennies with the candies. That was something for us becuz we had six kids and no extra funds. We used to make our own treats like candied or caramel apples; people don't do that much now.

I agree with JESSICA that some kids would like the small gifts; the last year we gave out candy, we included some spider rings in the bags too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-21-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm lucky. No little ones at home, no trick or treaters in my neighborhood, and I work at home, so no candy corn and chocolate marshmallow pumkins here at all. I just use a grocery list and the only deviation is if I find veg or fruit on sale or meat that's marked down. I don't go down the aisles where the seasonal candy lives and I ignore all those displays of pumpkin shaped little debbies that are in the middle of the aisle.

I've recently started working in an occasional special dark candy bar. Only once in a while as a planned treat that fits into my plan. It seems to satisfy the chocolate cravings super well. I think the dark is more satisfying than regular chocolate.

I guess I will take the pledge, though it is almost like cheating for me since it's not really a challenge. When we get to Christmas cookies...BIG PROBLEM!

bARB
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I vow not to have one piece of candy that's not sugar free this Halloween.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #14  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Alright I'll bite. I pledge not to have ONE piece of halloween candy. (I think I just set myself up for failure LMAO)
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #15  

Location: Boulder, CO- but moving back to NJ in less than one week!

S/C/G: 252/185/135

Height: 5'4"

I'll join in. I pledge not to have even a single piece of Halloween candy. I dreamed about candy last week and woke up feeling guilty just for a dream...how lame is that? I can't imagine how horrible I'd feel if I had actually eaten some. *sigh*
xirene is offline   Reply With Quote