South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the WEEKEND - September 15 & 16

Not only is it the weekend but there will be two gorgeous days after a dark day of rain and wind yesterday. I'm trying very hard to enjoy the lovely fall weather.

Jazz and I do pet therapy this morning at the nursing home and then we are going to take in the Turkey Fair in the next Village. I'm particularly interested in the quilt show, of course! I plan to throw on a beer can chicken for supper and invite a friend over for an impromptu meal which will include tomatoes and Swiss chard from the garden.

I've been working way too hard lately and want to have FUN this weekend. "Life is short. Eat dessert first!"

What are you doing for "dessert" this weekend?
Old 09-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth I love your positive energy.

No dessert for me until Monday when I am finally off. My little indulgence is a chopped granny smith apple with cinnamon a little stevia mixed with Greek yogurt and sliced almonds. It's my mock apple pie ala mode.

Monday I am looking forward to a long bike ride in the country followed by dinner with my son. I think I will BBQ something.

Have a great Saturday
Old 09-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm trying to stay dessert free, myself. But does an apple count? I'm hoping to find some nice Honey Crisps this morning while I'm out shopping for mums for the pots on the front steps. Some of my summer flowers are starting to look tired and scraggly, and it's time to replace them and turn my thoughts to Fall.

This afternoon I'll be helping to put all the pool stuff away while the guys close the pool. Somehow, it never got done last weekend.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

GOOD Morning... I'm back, after being gone for several years.... I had lost twenty pounds earlier this year but have gained 15 back... I need some encouragement.

This week I've been fighting flu like symptoms and do not have the energy to go shopping, but I've got to go so I have something to eat, so I'm here grabbing menu ideas...

Ruth and cottage, I'm amazed to see two familiar faces! How are you both? Since you've last seen me I've become a grandmother! (hehehe, at age 42, can you believe it!) Lucian just turned 10 months and I couldn't be happier! He's a very happy energetic and intelligent young man! I can't believe how much he looks like his daddy,... the last time I had him I actually slipped and called him "Joey". I always heard nothing beats becoming a grandparent... boy, were they right!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #5  

Hi Lorian just read your post, welcome back! Congratulations on being a grandma. Ironically my son is Joey and my friend Ed's son is Lucian!

Cottage, I broke down and did mums last week. They looks great after all the rain we had. My annuals were very leggy lol. Honey crisps are my favorite! Bought some the other day. Sadly the orchards here are getting apples from other growers as the early frost killed 80% of the crop.

After work going up to Columbia County for a fundraiser dinner. Then up early again for work tomorrow. Looking forward to San Genarro on Tuesday. Granted it is supposed to rain, but It won't stop me from having some Italian goodies (a pre planned off program day extra exercise and a few P1 days will undue any damage those cannolis cause lol)
Old 09-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

It was my early work morning so I'm home early, too! Thanks for the reminder of honeycrisps! My favorite apple and the one thing I forgot to look for when I was in Denver the other day.

I'm going to try and relax...it seems a family get together is in the works...my sis may arrive as early as Tuesday and my bro the following week.

It's a beautiful day here!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

and
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #8  

What was I thinking taking this OT!!!!! I am wiped did notbgetbhome until after midnight then up at 3:45. Would someone please put on a strong pot of coffee PLEASE!!!!!

I did have a lot of fun last night. t was a fundraiser for the Columbia Green Sportsman's Club. I met really nice people, enjoyed the dinner and won a scope cleaner ( oh a girl can never have too many lol I don't even own a scope). My friend Joe was thrilled to win a rifle. Inthink even Joe's 15 year old son enjoyed himself. I bought him a raffle ticket for a $100 gas card plus another $100 in scratch off tickets.

Just looked at the clock, one hour down 11 more to go. I cannot wait to ride my new bike tomorrow. It is supposed to be a beautiful day. Enjoy yours!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

and back to you Ruth, and to all our other Chicklets.

It's a soft, cool, sunny morning here for the last day of the weekend, just perfect for a cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee. I'll be spending most of the day outside. The garden needs tidying up and it's time to pull out some old plants, and we'll put the final touches on closing up the pool for the season.
I bought a bunch of interesting looking gourds and pumpkins, along with mums and a gorgeous flowering kale plant and a bale of hay. I'd been holding on to an old wooden chair, and it made a perfect centerpiece for a great looking Fall display in the front yard.
I think I'll get the rest of my Fall stuff out today to decorate the inside of the house and hang my Autumn wreath on the door.

Time for another cup of coffee before getting this day started!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Good morning - well more good than it was earlier. I fell out of bed which was not a great start to the day. I called "Mummy! Mummy!" but nobody came. No injuries except to my pride.

The Turkey Fair yesterday was fun and I did get some pictures of fantastic quilts. We did get a quick but heavy rain shower which was not too pleasant as it suddenly turned quite cold. (Actually it got down close to freezing last night and is only 34ºF right now.)

Not sure of the day's plans. Church is first and then I may do some outside work. I have a clematis and a burning bush that must be planted and watered in. A friend gave me the burning bush in May but it's doing well in its big pot. I've stalled because I want to plant it where I can see it and have not decided location yet - they turn a brilliant red in the fall. I may just keep it on the deck.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks! Welcome back Lori, good seeing you back here and congrats!!

I had a FABULOUS time with my friend, going away for an overnight trip to the outlet malls. I told her, we must do it at least once a week! LOL...I wish! I didn't eat perfect, but didn't do badly either. Back to phase 1.5 for a few days, then maybe start incorporating grains again, we'll see.

I am way behind on my bible lesson, with class in an hour...oops....
Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #12  
Determined to lose!

Twynn, what is phase 1.5???

Well, being sick does have it's advantages,,.. went from 187 yesterday AM to 184.5 this am! I made a friendly bet with my sister, who is also adapting the plan, to see who can lose 10lbs the fastest! She has an advantage in that she's out of work at the moment and can be more physical than can I with my desk job...

I'm so proud of her. I had introduced her to the SB last year, or was it the year before. And she dropped weight like she was shedding winter coats! She lost over 75 lbs, I do not know how much to be exact.. but boy does she look awesome! I don't think she needs to lose more, but she does, so I made the bet with her!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Default got washed off the beach

I'm back up at 160 but I've staked out my towel and I'm back. Starting over with phase 1. Pizza and M&M are a no no in this house for the next few months.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ouch, Ruth! I'm glad you're ok....I have seriously pondered why I've never done that before.

Loriann, Phase 1.5 is not "official", but it's a term used around here alot. It's individual and in between 1 and 2. To me it's limiting grains but not strict as P1.

Twynn, glad you had fun!

Linda, I wish I felt like working in the yard...there is alot to do here.

MoonChild, welcome back!

Jennifer, what kind of new bike did you get?

Me, up since 4. My intention for today was to 100% declutter each room one at a time. I got a little sidetracked in the dining room (which is finished now) and recovered a little antique stool which came from moms. It had an old needlepoint on it which had big holes in it. I gave myself permission for it to be less than perfect and it turned out very nice. I didn't even have to ask Ruth for fabric. The stool is pretty rustic...as is my house. Shabby Chic, I think it's called.

Ok, back to my process (and more coffee)!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat cover 001 (640x480).jpg (37.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Seat cover 002 (640x480).jpg (34.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

hello chatty Chicks. Some days I don't know where the time goes and suddenly it's late afternoon. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Ruth - so glad you are alright. ouch

Cotage - I'm making that quinoa bake today. Will let you know how it is.

Twynn- I love girls' getaways. yours sound like a blast.

Okay, errands to run then a walk. This early fall weather is too nice to waste indoors
Closed Thread