Old 09-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #1  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default IP Weekend Chat - Saturday 9/15-Sunday 9/16

Here you go!

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by scorbett1103; 09-15-2012 at 10:10 AM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Thanks Scorbett! Now I can start my weekend!!
MyTime50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

LOL! Maybe we were all hanging on to Friday because the weekends always seem to end too quickly
Old 09-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Whew...making it to page 1! The midnight lurker is starting off the weekend...off to the park with my son, have a good one IPeeps!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #5  

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Day 3 for me and it has started out with NO headache which I hope continues throughout the day. Yesterday, I had a terrible headache. I feel good today!!!

Last edited by Kay2012; 09-15-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Kay2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Day 3 for me and it has started out with NO headache which I hope continues throughout the day. Yesterday, I had a terrible headache. I feel good today!!!
It was the same for me and has remained for the rest of the week... So expect smooth sailing ahead! Glad you're feeling better.

Have a great weekend everyone!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

It's a potentially rainy day here, was hoping to get the kids outside but the weather seems to have different ideas! Hubby has class until 2pm, so I'm packing everyone up for an exciting trip to the LAUNDROMAT! Need to wash comfortors and sheets and be all domestic.

Hoping to get back on the meal planning bandwagon this weekend, I used to be SO good about making my cooking plan ahead of time, but I've fallen way off with that. Just when I need it most, too! I've been going through my recipes to see which ones are already Phase 1 friendly and which can be modified. One of the menu planning mailers I get has a Paleo option that will be handy in Maintenance, but not always phase 1 friendly

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Good luck to everyone with a WI today!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Hi Ladies!

I love this diet...seriously. Day 4 and I can already see a big difference in how my clothes fit and seldom and I hungry. I have found I much prefer the savory packets than the shakes/puddings etc. I find them way too sweet. I will probably have to buy a months worth of food to get all the things I want since my clinic only sells by the box. Oh well...

I have lots of school, house and work work to do this weekend (and two kids under 4) so I'd better get off here, but I love this site. Thanks for all your help the last couple days!
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #9  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning, well it's almost afternoon! Great day in Chicago today, almost Fall weather. Slid into the jeans that were too tight a few months back so that's always a good thing.

There is a thread below about carbs vs net carbs...what are the amounts we follow? I thought we shouldn't really go over 40 carbs a day, but if that's the case what would the number be for net carbs? Hope I explained that one correctly, been a "slow morning."

Have a great day everyone!
AliKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning, well it's almost afternoon! Great day in Chicago today, almost Fall weather. Slid into the jeans that were too tight a few months back so that's always a good thing.

There is a thread below about carbs vs net carbs...what are the amounts we follow? I thought we shouldn't really go over 40 carbs a day, but if that's the case what would the number be for net carbs? Hope I explained that one correctly, been a "slow morning."

Have a great day everyone!
I track my eating on myfitnesspal.com (just to get in the habit for after Phase 1). I looked at my last few weeks, I average between 35-40 total carbs per day not Net carbs.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone! Woke up in a horrible crappy a$$ mood this morning. So much that I promptly put myself back to bed for an hours. This is really unusual for me and not sure if it is just the changes or what. But I went back to bed, did some positive thinking and some positive goal setting, slept a bit more and woke up feeling much better. Glad it is a Saturday and I have the option to get back up on the other side of the bed so to speak.

So I just managed to eat the herb and cheese omelet packet. Bleh...the egg ones are not my favs for sure. I raise my own chickens and am so used to eating fresh eggs, they just don't compare. I think it will be best to not pick those again. I thought when I was picking them out that since I normally was eating eggs in the morning it would be an easy transition...apparently NOT. lol

I have seen where some of you have to buy a whole box at a time...that would kill me. What do you do with ones you can't eat? I guess I am lucky that our coach allows us to buy just packets. I thought that was mainly so you didn't have extras sitting around that might be a temptation. I really don't know what I would do with a whole box of those egg ones.

So I hope everyone has a great weekend and is able to stay 100% OP. I know I made the right choice this morning to go back to bed and not let waking up in a bad mood impact my diet!!! Just another step in the right direction for me.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

Today was weigh-in day and I am down another 2.1 pounds. I can't go to the clinic next week, so I am hoping for a big loss in two weeks. I have had a hard time with cravings this past week. I want them to go away! I want to lose more that 14 pounds by November 17, so 14 pounds in 9 weeks, still seems doable. My total weight loss so far is 50.5 pounds.
KathrynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Hello everyone!

Life in IP land is going good. Today i've been on IP for 100 days!!!
I'm not sure exactly when i'll start phasing off. Our IP sheets still say phase off when you reach 90% of goal weight.
It's amazing all the different "IP sheets" out there.
Our clinic is a "Diamond IP clinic." I keep getting told this but I really don't know what that means. All I know, is that the weight is falling off, my health has improved dramatically and my head is not in a fog.
I was very skeptical about "no exercise." I actually enjoy exercising while losing weight. I become very aware of the different ways my body moves while i'm working out and I find that very empowering.
I have found a benefit to not exercising right now...I have to face my demons. Yup, never really thought I had any REAL issues - but, I do. I have used exercise in the past to block out what I was feeling. I thought I was "working through my feelings" by doing cardio and sweating like a mad woman...I guess it doesn't work that way.
I have joined a woman's group & I think this will help me to keep the weight off. Why is it when I think about sharing my feelings I want to "roll my eyes?" Don't get me wrong I think therapy can be a wonderful tool and it helps so many people. I guess i've read so many self help books over the years I tend to be a bit of a know-it-all this is not a quality that I am proud of.
I also need to say thank you for the wonderful postings and advice I have received through this forum. I don't know if I could've made it through the first week without you. Oh man, I sure did suffer major withdrawls the first week from carbs and coffee....but you, my IP friends, made it so much better and I felt encouraged to carry on.
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

I forgot to ask....for the 1st. 6 wks. of IP I had NO hunger, had to force every morsel of food in. Now, that i'm getting closer to goal my hunger is increasing. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just my mind playing games with me. I've been having an extra IP packet, which helps.
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #15  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

NSV -- I went and CRAMMED MY A$$ into a pair of 11/12 pants. The cramming is not good, but the fact I could even do them up made me do a happy dance (without splitting them! . I found a few pair (used store) that were of stretchier material and more comfortable, so those are the ones I bought, not the "crammers". The main thing is I came home with 3 pair of "new to me" size 11/12 pants, and I don't care if I need a shoe horn to put those babies on! Haven't worn that size since I WAS 11/12 YEARS OLD myself! WOooot Wooot!!!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote