View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #25
losermom
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba09 View Post
PS I know it can be hard to hear ppl smaller than you complain about their size, it used to be my NUMBER ONE pet peeve! Then one day my mom was explaining to me... You know tht feeling where your clothes are too tight? You can't quite do up the button on your jeans, your stomach hangs over the sides, you look bloated in a shirt that used to be loose, or you just feel uncomfortable ALL the time? Well, anyone at any size can feel that way! It was kind of a rude awakening for me because I had never thought of it that way. I just saw skinny friends complaing about their weight to someone who weighed 100 lbs more than them....
But I guess we can all relate to that feeling, that "fat" feeling, overweight or not : )
Alba, your mom is one wise woman. That is exactly how I feel! Right now I'm at the top of my allowed range (about 4-5 lbs). My clothes do not feel as loose as I'd like them to feel. I feel like I cannot comfortably wear some things because they're a little tight and it pisses me off. It's so stupid because nobody else can see that I'm up a couple of lbs. They just see me at this size. It's all in my head--and there's all kinds of crazy up in there!

And I agree, it's possible to lose the weight even if you aren't there psychologically. I continue to struggle to get my head in the right place and stop reaching for food to fix it. This last week, I decided that every time I start thinking that I'm too fat (which I am not), I'm going to tell myself that I'm really hot, and in a good way! Sometimes it works...

losermom is offline   Reply With Quote