Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #26

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It has been one busy day around here doing this and that around the house. I did show an up-age at WW as expected because that is how my system looses ~ up and down. Hopefully at next weigh in I will show a loss. I have been looking through some of my WW cookbooks and deciding what to try of the recipes that I have not made yet. I am also looking forward to next November when WW comes out with new cookbooks to get. I have ordered the upcoming Annual 2012 Cookbook Recipes for Success and am looking forward to going through it when it arrives. Somehow I missed out on getting the annual 2011 issue but I bet I could find a copy of it if I try. Maybe I will make that a quest one of these days. I did purchase a new Ultimate 3 Month Tracker last evening and it will last for Sept, Oct & Dec. In the end of the year is when all the “new stuff” comes out from WW. That must be so we can get geared up to make a fresh start in the new year.

SUSAN I do know one thing about Cecil he doesn’t trust anyone but us for when someone comes over he jets the other way. He “tolerates” us and his dogs. That is such a good thing that your cat stays in the house even when you have the door open, unusual I would think also. I have never had a cat that we let roam either. This is the only one that is an inside ~ outside cat and he stayes in the back yard when he is out there. With the mixes I use the little indivdual cake comes out to 1 Point+ per little cake.
Here is another good single serving recipe also ~

BROWNIE
Mix together in a 3 oz Dixie cup:
2 Tablespoons low-fat brownie mix
1 Tablespoon fat-free yogurt
(cherry is good)
Microwave for 1 minute
1 Point+ per brownie

DONNA FAYE Not a nice feeling when ones shoulder and upper arm hurts and I hope yours gets to feeling much better soon.

Howdy JEAN
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We just got home from another funeral in Bob's little hometown church. This lady was married to the farmer that Bob helped when he was in junior high; she always fed him his favorite foods. He just left for the farm and I need to change clothes. The challenge is to continue searching for my afghan hook!

Susan -- Thank you for sharing the cake recipe. It sounds simple enough even I can do it. I truly believe that restaurant dining is not good for my weight loss effort. We don't eat out nearly as often as when I was in school. I was surprised to learn, several years ago, that "they" add sugar when taking out the fat content in food. Stevia is the sweetner promoted by the book/eating plan my diabetic friend has been following. She swears by it.

"Gma" -- I didn't know credit cards would charge more for foreign use. The color blue I'm thinking about is a darker dusty blue -- still not sure. Jack would go in our house. We have a huge picture window in the east livingroom, street side, and the two sliding doors on the west with neighboring houses behind our large yard. It is open space between both areas. Both rooms have blinds but are always open to let the light in. I sometimes pull them at night in the winter, or when the sun shines on the tv.

Maggie -- I almost didn't see the new thread since it came after the old one. I wonder what is with the "squishy" look today. You know how to fix the "up-age" next week. Good luck! The stray cat was here before sunrise waiting for his breakfast. He must be visiting somewhere else this afternoon because I haven't seen him since. Thanks for sharing your brownie recipe.

I need to get busy! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies! It looks cloudy out but supposed to be a sunny day again today. We are now only 8 days from leaving for Florida and so starts the real work of getting everything done in time. I am going to dye my hair this morning to get ready for my hair appt on Friday. You aren't supposed to wash it for 24 hours after coloring and they do a shampoo with your cut so thought I would do it today. I went and did my cleaning that I was to do today last evening so I could have time and do the hair stuff and get the darn wrap blocked. I still haven't done that.

Maggie: Next week will be better I am sure. Thanks for the recipe. I usually use the Pudge brownies if I make brownies. Jack is not a big chocolate eater when it comes to cake and brownies. He says it is all devil's food, which cracks me up. I do make him german chocolate once in awhile and he likes that though.

Jean: I feel like we live in a tomb, but Jack has always been like that from the first day we were married, closing off all the windows. I am used to it by now. It is kind of stupid to do it downstairs because the back windows face out onto the deck and the garage is on the other side of the deck so no one could see in unless they walked up on the deck, but it is one of his prissy things. When I was growing up, my grandparents had a huge double picture window across the front of the house and down the right side and she rarely if ever pulled the drapes even at night. The house I grew up in had a big picture window too and mom left it open all the time.

Well girls, I need to get out of here and get the gunk on my hair. It takes 45 minutes. Have a good day today. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #4  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cool cloudy morning in my neighborhood. Rain is predicted later. I'm waiting for a call from the electrician; I swear all construction/fix-it men dance to their own tune as far as other peoples schedules are concerned. I have lunch bunch at noon, need to do a couple errands after that, and bell practice at 5. Bob will be "hauling" if it doesn't rain.

"Gma" -- I know it seems like a long time for you to wait for your cruise but it seems like yesterday that you first began talking about it. Time does fly by too fast. I just hope you have a great time! How many days will you be gone? I'm sure you've said and I have forgotten. I must admit that I gawk in windows when we drive at night, especially at Christmas time.

I need to put my face on and get ready for the day. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Happy Humpday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Wednesday already. It is a nice 79ºs as I type and the talking heads predict it will reach 85º before this day is over. I can deal with that for the temps are getting cooler as the months pass. Now if we could just get some more rain. I was just waking up this day when I heard Cecil outside the bedroom door wanting in. Pretty soon as I was getting up the door was opened and in he ran. It was his time to use the room. I was up and getting dressed and he was ready of his nap. Beanie greeted me as I exited the room. He is such a delightful little dog. Will got some new type drops to put in Ragg Mopps ears when he took him to the vet yesterday for his rabies booster shot. These drops are supposed to be newer and better than the ones we have been using on him. We really like this vet. I sure know what it is like having itchy ears and am glad to have something that works for me & so is Ragg Mopp.

Four of us that went out to Applebee’s last night to eat had a blast. The director of the museum was one of the party and one of the gals that works there also plus us. The manager come over and told the young man that came to wait on us that she would be our waitress. The look he gave us was precious ~ like “who are these people?” We plan to all get together again soon. Four other folks came in and sat across from us that had also been at the meeting we had attended earlier so it was a lively group. What fun we did have. One of the gentlemen was from Texas, out here visiting his brother, invited Will & I to come to his ranch for a visit when we are in that state. We just might do that one day. Life is good ♫ and we do like Texas. In fact it’s just about time we did visit our friends down there.

What to fix for dinner this day ~ I need to get my thinking cap on and decide what to make. Will just said he would like “Lasagna” when I asked him. OK we will have that. Decision made for we have some in the freezer and I don’t have to make one from scratch today. Makes it easy for me for sure and I can busy myself with other things that need doing. We had a bowl of soup for lunch and I have points+ left for some lasagna and a tossed salad.

You all know how much I like cookbooks well I kept getting a thing in the mail to order a cooking magazine type publication that didn’t have nutritional information I could use to figure out the points+ with. I wrote them letters each time they sent me an invitation to get their publication and low and behold today I got an issue in the mail today with the nutritional information in it so I can figure points+ values easily. I know how to tweek a recipe to make it more points+ friendly and this publication doesn’t have any advertisements in it and is just a few (44 pages) of great looking (picture with every recipe) recipes. There is a gorgeous chocolate cake in the publication that is a whopping 20 points+ a piece that I will make to take to pot-luck. They even have the recipe for the frosting with it’s own stats. I certainly wouldn’t recommend this publication to anyone who is trying to lose weight or didn’t know how to lighten a recipe or don't want to lighten recipes either.

JEAN I think what those construction folks do is over schedual jobs and hop to one and back to another and get them all done around the same time. Works for them but frustrates the customers who have their houses in dis-array. And when all is said and done usually the folks are happy with the work done.

DONNA FAYE Hasn't Jack ever heard of German Chocolate Devilsfood Cake? Seems that chocolate has to have German in front of it to be acceptable. If it works for him that is good. Chocolate is a vegetable. I hope your cruise is all that you expected it to be after all these months of preparation. Turn a round and it will be here. Time moves in swift transitions. We like our curtains dwawn and our blinds open and all the light we can get into this house. Our plants like it that way also. We have a shelf along the bottom of the picture window in the front room that Cecil can hop up on to see out front. He gets up there when the drapes are drawn at night sometimes also. The dogs can't get up there.

Have a great afternoon Magnolias.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #6  

Good morning to you ladies. It is cool and rainy here this morning and I have to get the upstairs bathrooms cleaned today. Jack fixed himself some sausage this morning so my house stinks like sausage. I will have to get out the Febreze spray and try and get rid of it. Smells up the whole house.

Rough night last night. Fortune got me up 5 times and of course last night was one of those nights where it took me forever to get back to sleep each time. I now have a headache from it, but I am sure it will go away.

I finally got the wrap blocked and should be able to take it off the towels today and fold it up and put it up with all the packing stuff. Jack is packing this weekend, but I am waiting until Wednesday as I pretty much have to take all the summer clothing I have and need to wear some of it the next few days. I have to do a quick load of washing Thurs evening as I will be wearing something to run all the errands, take Fortune to Kelly's and go out to eat. We used to go to a family owned restaurant called Bolla Pasta each time we would start a vacation. He went belly up money wise and closed so we didn't have a "vacation start" restaurant anymore. We decided to make Carrabbas our vacation restaurant so that is where we are going on Thurs evening for dinner. I love their steak marsala with mashed potatoes.

Jean: Our total trip lasts 10 days, our cruise is 7 days, Sunday-Sunday. I can't believe we actually leave next week. I started planning this a year ago! This Frday and weekend are busy as I have my haircut/eyebrow wax, take Fortune to groomers tomorrow, groceries through Wed of next week, snack crackers, nuts and such to take with us, and cash for souvenirs and tips and such. We decided even though we called the bank we are going to use cash to buy stuff for the kids. No chance for some foreign whomever to steal our credit card or bank info this way. The ship requires you to give them a credit card and all purchases of any kind are just signed for while on the ship and then they charge your card when you disembark. Since I have paid for everything in advance (we are taking a cupcake decorating class together on my birthday) and we bought soft drink cards, I doubt we charge much unless Jack was a foofoo drink or something.

Maggie: I cannot convince Jack that all cake is not devils' food so I quit trying decades ago. I just don't make chocolate cake unless it is german chocolate, which he concedes is not devils' food! Men are funny creatures. Yes we are pretty much to the scurrying around part now to get all the stuff done. I colored my hair yesterday so it is done to get my haircut tomorrow. I am anxious to see what she does with it. She is a New York trained stylist with over 20 years experience.

Well girls, I need to go. Have a great Thursday all! Faye
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #7  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cool cloudy morning in my corner of the world. It misted, rained, and drizzled all yesterday afternoon and evening so I'm ready to see the sun again. I have WW this noon and soccer games later this afternoon.

Maggie -- I hope the new ear drops will help RM's ears. It sounds like you had a fun lunch at Applebees. The electrician showed up yesterday, unannounced as he hadn't heard my phone message. I don't think they have a secretary from the sounds of it, just an answering machine at the office. He was lucky I was still home and told him so; he took it as a joke from my tone of voice but I was serious. Bob isn't happy with the outside outlets as they are metal boxes that stick out away from the house, both on the deck. Our others are flat and hardly noticeable so don't know why he didn't do the new ones the same.

"Gma" -- You are on the countdown! Last night at bells, we visited while we polished bells, and one of the gals had her identity stolen this summer. They traced it to a WM gift card her daughter had given them for their anniversary. The crook somehow got into her bank account and got her social security number so she had to cancel everything and anything with that number, and start over, which takes time. Probably no one will get caught which is too bad. Do you ever watch the Cupcake show on the Food network? The chefs come up with some novel ideas. I guess cupcakes are popular at weddings but we haven't seen that. We have a wedding the 29th so maybe cupcakes will be there. The class will be fun!

I need to work on some more drawers in search of my afghan hook. I have found some interesting things that have been lurking in the dresser drawers (in the spare bedroom) for a very long time. Another SOS box is in the making! Have a terrific Thursday and enjoy!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Rainey Thursday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a wonderful cool day here in the ♥-Land in the 50º and 60ºs all day. It is just past noon o’clock here and I am just really waking up. I love this cool weather and am just taking a nice slow morning of it and enjoying my first cup of coffee. Cecil is so some timey ~ usually when he gets let in the bedroom before I get up he goes under the bed to sleep. This morning he snuggled up as close as he could get to me and purred very loudly. I left him in there snoozing away and didn’t want to disturb him to make the bed. That can always be done later. I loved the pitter patter of the rain on the roof yesterday and through some of the night. The area is very thankful for what precipitation it did get and hope for more.

I put a roast in the crock-pot this morning and poured half a jar of salsa on it and sprinkled a package of onion soup over that. My plan is to shred the meat this evening and make up a batch of burritos tomorrow. I have yet to decide if I want to use cubed potatoes in them or rice. I can ask Will what his preference is for this batch and go that way for he eats most of them anyway. They are so easy to just pop one in the microwave and heat them up for a quick meal. I weigh and measure the ingredients I use and then can easily figure out my P+ value for each burrito. Works for me. I’ll be smelling that roast cook all afternoon. Tonight we are having a breakfast of biscuits, bacon, pancakes and sliced fruit. For lunch I will eat a frozen “Live Smart” entrée by Schwan’s® when I finish here. Will is at the museum so will eat something in town. He requested tonight’s dinner before he left for he has been wanting that all week and something always came up otherwise. So I will be making breakfast for dinner. I have a container of sugar free, fat free syrup that is really quite tasty. My biscuits are little 2 point+ yummy morsels and I use light pancake mix and I have some 1 point+ bacon strips and can make boiled eggs. But I don’t think I will do biscuits this meal since we will be having pancakes. So there you have it a nice yummy meal that has been lightened. I will have a can of hot V-8 juice with my meal. If Will prefers to have fried eggs I make them in a nonstick pan without any butter or grease ~ just some of that neat butter flavor spray that comes in a can.

JEAN Can you ask that electrician to change out those boxes for the flat kind? Seems like he may have been trying to get rid of some old model ones. Are your bells brass or silver? I know both kinds have to be shined up at times. Isn’t it fun to find things you forgot you had but certainly don’t need any more. Those ear drops are working on Ragg Mopp for he isn't scratching his ears at all now.

DONNA FAYE Sounds to me you have all your ducks in a row and you will have a great time of it that week of vacation floating around on that boat. I mean everything ~ you have thought of everything you will need to take along. I imagine that stylist you are going to for your hair cut does a great job since she has so many years of experience with cutting hair to suit her customers. I just got my hair cut the other day very, very short and spikey.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #9  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cool sunny morning in my neighborhood this morning. Bob is farming today and I'm in hopes the contractor will show up to replace the chipped tiles and grout as well as finish the trim under the doors. I am not cleaning that area until he finishes his mess. I've got laundry to do, magazines to sort, and the continued search for my afghan hook. I never did do any searching yesterday.
Either my isp or this site is super slow today.

Maggie -- Our handbells are bronze and need to be polished, which we don't do often enough. We are supposed to wipe them after every use, but we wear gloves and try to do serious polishing at least once a season. We have polishing rags we can use but I really prefer the "paste" cleaner as I think it does a better job. It's messy! The electrician used metal boxes, that stick out away from the wall, on the outside outlets -- looks dumb for sure.

"Gma" -- What is on your busy "to do" list today?

Susan -- I'm thinking you don't work in the office on Fridays. Hope you are doing something fun!

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday and enjoy! It sounds like it is going to be a nice weather weekend.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #10  

Afternoon girls! Gotta make it quick as I have to leave and pick up Jack in just a few minutes.

Busy day today so didn't get time to get in here this morning.

Jean: I took Fortune to the groomers, came home for a bit then headed out to the salon, which is clear across the other side of town from where we live. She is just fabulous. Cost me $50 for a haircut, but she is well worth it. She showed my how to blow dry it and showed me all the ways I could wear the haircut. The eyebrow wax was fun! I did ask her about putting on eyebrow pencil and such and they showed me what to do since I don't have much in the way of eyebrows. Mainly, I wanted my semi unibrow look to be taken care of, which she did. Jack is going to die when he finds out including tip my salon visit cost me $84!!!!! Hope you guy got in there and fixed up your tile and such so you can clean up. We have commissary tomorrow to get things for just a few days and snacks and such for the trip.

Maggie: Pot Roast is one of the best smelling things cooking in a house along with bread! Hope all you animals are doing fine.

Oops, gotta go and get hubby. Can't wait for him to see my hair. Faye
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #11  

Happy Tax Day to the IRS and Happy Saturday, Flowers! It's a beautiful cool sunny morning in my corner of the world. The contractor never showed up yesterday but the painter did. Paint prices have sure gone up since we last painted anything. It looks like it will be a week to 10 days before he can come here. Bob thinks he can paint the bedrooms once I get the stuff sorted and removed. He is off to the farm for the day. His farmer friend has a funeral in Illinois so they will shut down for a couple days while he is gone.

Our gas price just went up 14 cents to $3.79. I wish the income would jump at the same rate!

"Gma" -- I'm glad you like your hair cut; it sounds like your gal knows what she is doing! I'm giving serious thought to having my eyebrows done permanently. I've seen some that really look fake while others look very natural. Guess I am just chicken to take the next step. I do need to vacuum the construction zone as I can't stand it any more. I spilled some critter food yesterday and Ernie has been playing with a couple kernels of corn. Hope your trip to the commissary is a quick and easy one.

The dishwasher is washing and I need to take laundry downstairs and get that going. A trip to the library and grocery store is on my agenda for this morning. Hope you all have a super Saturday and enjoy!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Wonder what happened to me yesterday for I don’t see a post from me. Must have gotten busy and spaced it.

Yesterday Will brought home a nice looking Acorn Squash and I fixed it with an old WW recipe and baked it then put a stuffing in it and it was so good. You halve the squash and bake it first then put the stuffing of meat, etc in it to serve it. Makes a good 7P+ tasty meal along with a tossed green salad, cottage cheese and pear halves. I haven’t made this recipe in a long time and am glad he brought home that squash. The recipe calls for a Butternut Squash but this Acorn one worked just fine. We didn’t want any peas in it so I substituted some chopped up water chestnuts in their place. If anyone wants that recipe I can type it out for you.

The roast I crock potted earlier this week turned out nice and tender. I let it cool and picked it clean of all the fat and have it shredded in the fridge ready to make burritos when I get the ingredients I need ~ like the tortillas. I like to make a batch when the last one is almost all gone for they are sure a good thing to have for a quick meal. They are good as hand food or with some chili beans poured over them. They are just plain good. In fact we are having that for dinner today.

I have a couple of small 7½ x 11½ jelly roll pans that I use a lot for just the two of us. I use them for things other than jelly rolls though. Anyway they have been with me a long time and have had a lot of use. I went on a web search for a couple of new ones and couldn’t find any of that size which is a quarter size of a sheet pan. They sell the full sized and half sized but not the quarter size that I could find. However, at a camping store I located some that are 6 x 9 which will work perfectly so I ordered two. I’ll put one with our camping supplies and can use that small size in my camp oven for lots of things.

JEAN I imagine the paint prices went up like everything else has but you probably really noticed it because it has been awhile since you bought any. Cats can have joy with the simplist of things. Cecil likes to drop little morsels of his food to the floor like a child dropping things off its high chair. Beanie sits down there to gobble them up. Keeps the cat food off the floor that way.

DONNA FAYE Well how did Jack like your new do? You are now all prettied up for you trip.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #13  

Evening gals!! Busy day again. Guess it will be that way until we leave now. So much to do.

We had to go to the commissary today and what a nightmare. It was military payday yesterday and we got there two minutes after opening and it is usually dead quiet until about 9:30 but it was jammed. On top of that, the idiot who runs the place has the aisles filled with Halloween candy boxes and stuff and then had employees stocking today so you couldn't get around anything. Luckily, we had a short list just for the next few days and snacks. We then had to stand in line and I was cramping really badly so I left poor Jack to check out and went and sat in the car and waited. He could have cared less. He is such a good husband.

I also wanted to shave my legs today and then start to exfoliate my arms and legs everyday so it will take the tanning towel stuff starting on Monday. I don't have a lot of body hair (the girl was amazed at how little eyebrows I had) and so I don't shave except about every 3 weeks. If I shave my legs more often than that, there is not enough hair and my legs get all chopped up. It is the same with the waxing. If I wax too early, it causes ingrown hairs. When I told the girl I had no arm hair at all and no hair ever grows on my legs above my knees and very little on my lower legs (I laughed and told her to imagine having short socks on if I let it grow out for a couple months or so. So, I shaved today and one leg was ok and the other one I chopped up pretty much. I could tell just by feeling down my leg before I shave what is going to happen, but had to do it!

Tomorrow Jack is going to get a haircut then he is going to pack and I am going to pack the carry on bag for our hotel stays and the evening dining room clothing since we may not get our bags before our dinner hour, which is 5:30. I didn't want to wait to eat dinner until 8 PM.

Maggie: Jack lovvvvveeed my hair. He commented on it a lot. One of the super things is I don't have to put any product in it or hair spray on it. It moves and you can wear it several different ways. I have to say I just love it and she definitely has a client. Your burritos sound so good. I may have to try that as they would be good to have one for a lunch. Jack is not a big burrito eater, but I like them.

Jean: I know. We got paint at at fairly decent price and it is like $25-$30+ for a gallon of paint now. Ridiculous, but guess with fuel situation that is why paint has gone skyhigh. We are at $3.66 at the Walmart down the street. I need to check out prices for traveling again and see where they are.

You gals have a nice evening. I am going to knit on king kong's sock a bit. Jack is glued to college football games today so it is borrrrring! Faye
Old 09-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers! It was really foggy early this morning when I left for church. The sun is peeking out now and it's supposed to warm up into the 80s this afternoon. Bob is singing at second service and offered to pick dinner up on his way home; chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, and a roll. What a guy! I love it when he "cooks!" We will leave for Sioux Falls after we eat -- one more football game next week and we will be done with football.

Maggie -- I found my afghan hook in a plastic box with a half finished cat afghan that I started for "Mom" several years ago. Also in the box were the labels from the afghan I made for Beth when she was in high school. They were $1.67 a skein from Michaels. Now they are $3.67 but a different brand of yarn. Considering it's probably close to 20 years later that isn't too terribly bad.

"Gma" -- The painter said to plan on $30 a gallon for paint. If we go with darker colors everything will take 2 coats which surprised me. I thought darker would cover up lighter easier. Oh well . . . . I had to at your reference to king kong's sock. Bob watched football when he got home last night about 9, and promptly fell asleep.

I need to change clothes and pick up the never ending clutter. Since the contractor never showed up yesterday I didn't bother to do any cleaning . . . won't today either.

Hope you all enjoy your day today!

Last edited by Jean; 09-16-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Hot Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

The temps are in the low 80's this day. Not much out of the ordinary happening on this beautiful not windy but breezy Sunday. We did go out for lunch after morning services and I had a tossed salad w/o dressing, BBQ shrimp and half a sweet potato without anything on it for it was yummy enough without the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon they served with it on the side. Tonight we will be going out to Applebee’s and I will eat off the WW labeled offerings. Right now I am having a hard time keeping awake even though I am sipping on a sf ff vanilla latte with a double shot of espresso. Life is good. Something was upsetting the neighborhood dogs last night and I kept waking up so didn’t sleep through for it was then hard to get back to sleep. Plus Cecil wanted to share my pillow for some reason. First time for that. Maybe he didn’t like the sound of the neighborhood dogs either.

We went for a Wal*Mart run awhile ago to get some necessities and there were some good cuts of meat in the “used meat” bin which we purchased. Lean beef roasts are always a good thing to have on hand plus pork chops and 90% lean ground burger. I have it all portioned out and in the freezer. I am glad we started filling our freezer when we did for even the prices of the meat in the “used meat bin” are higher now than last month’s sale prices were. I have lots of ground beef now which is good for I can use it in so many recipes. In the parking lot there was a hole in the asphalt next to a car that was full of water. It was no more than 8 inches wide and probably an inch deep and a black bird was having so much fun frolicking in it. He got a good bath and then flew away all happy and free. Such a neat sight to see.

We drove by the buffalo pen and those babies have sure grown. They were all eating the tender shoots that popped up after the rain. I could see that all of the adults have new tags in their ears so they have all had their up to date vaccinations. The young ones don’t have tags yet but I imagine they will have them soon.

JEAN Your lunch sounds like a KFC meal. I sure like their grilled chicken breast for 5P+ instead of that yummy extra crispy for 14P+ or the original breast which is 10P+. They are all so good but for the least points I alwways get the grilled. I imagine you were happy to make that trip down memory lane when you found your crochet hook. Are you going to finish that afgan for your current cat?

DONNA FAYE Your hair sounds like a style you should keep since your main squeeze likes it also. Don't you just love the freedom of an easy care hairdo. Knit away on those King Kong socks. I love what you call them.

FYI: I just read a bit about canned tuna in a health panphlet and here is what it said, " Look for light canned tuna, which tends to contain less mercury than albacore (white) tuna. Choose canned fish that's packed in water, not oil, to keep fat content down."

We have been buying the "albacore" packed in water thinking it was the best. Guess we will start getting the "light" now instead. It is cheaper also.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-16-2012 at 06:36 PM.