Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default I have on my lap in front of me 3 New Rules of Lifting books

Now which one should I start with? I have the New Rules of Lifting, the New Rules of Lifting for Women and the New Rules of Lifting for Life.

I m not a complete novice to lifting, I've been doing BodyPump for a year (with some periods away from it due to injury and vacation periods). I've never used machines. I am 42 years old, but in good health with just working on the last stubborn fat.

So which one? I couldn't tell at the library which one would be best as they all three seem to be Ok. Are they redundant? On Amazon I get the feeling that many people own all the books that have come out in this series!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #2  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Definitely the New Rules for Life.

One of the nice things about these books is that Lou and Alwyn do a great job of incorporating new research and new thinking about weight training into each of the new programs. There is quite a bit of change between the original NROL and Life that reflects new developments in the field.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #3  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

I'm currently doing NROLFW and it's the only one I've read so I don't really have enough information to answer your question. (For what it's worth, I love it. Love!) But, just to further complicate matters, I just wanted to mention that some material from the original NROL has changed and apparently significantly enough to justify releasing a new version called New Rules of Lifting Supercharged on December 27th. In light of that, I would suggest starting with NROLFW or NROLFL.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote