South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Wednesday Beach Chat for 09/12/12

Good morning, ladies. Sorry I've been missing the past few days, but I've been busy. We lost one of our firefighters early yesterday morning. He had a heart attack a few weeks ago and has been in the ICU ever since. He fought hard, but he lost the battle at 0442 hrs. Kind of eery that it happened on September 11th, a day that so many firefighters have lost their lives.

I thought I was making progress w/ my mom accepting my move, but it seems she has now gone back to denial. I just don't know what to do. We're SO close and it's really hard not to be able to share my excitement about it w/ her.

Aside from that, I'm just having a trying time finding Pumpkin Spice coffee...I actually had to get a raincheck at Target today!!! I want Pumpkin Spice NOW, dammit!!!

What's on everybody's agenda for today??? It's back to work for me.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Natasha. I do love coming in and seeing the daily already started. Sure hope you get that pumpkin spice craving under control. Very sad about your firefighter and ironic that it happened yesterday.

I am not going to the gym for 7:30 this morning (I'll go later) and can't remember if I called my gym buddies last night to let them know. Guess I'll wait until 7 and then phone them. My excuse? I have two women coming here at 8 to pick up 20 bolts of fabric that were given to me last year. They are poly-cotton and can't be used for my quilts which must be pure cotton. The fabric is lovely and will be used to make dresses and shirts for children in Haiti. So glad they will be used by a worthy cause.

Once they are outta here, I'll go to the gym, then to the bank for some paperwork, home for a quick lunch and then off with the doggage to do pet therapy. Looks like things are back onto a regular schedule. I did say no to a meeting tonight and shocked a couple of people. I'm trying to hang on to little wisps of summer and keep my evenings free - except for fun things, of course.

Hope your Hump Day is relatively humpless.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Natasha, thanks for getting us started. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Will your mom be able to come visit you often or does she work? Yes, too bad she is not able to share in your excitement.

Ruth, I'm looking for a regular schedule...I sure miss it. Have fun with the fabric gals.

I actually have a day to myself, which is highly unusual. I have lots of fun ideas unfortunately I have a vehicle which shouldn't leave town and does not carry my bike. I think it's raining anyway.

My immediate plan is for coffee then perhaps a list. Off for my first spontaneous exercise of the day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Natasha, being a mother myself, I can understand your mother's unhappiness with your moving so far away. Just keep reassuring her that you'll visit and have her visit you as often as possible, and that you're only a phone call away. My DD is only an hour's drive away from me, and even that's too far. I'm surprised you can't find Pumpkin Spice coffee, I see it everywhere around here. Too bad I can't send you some!

Ruth, I bet those ladies are thrilled with getting 20 bolts of fabric for such a worthy cause! And the added benefit is that it gives you room for more quilting fabric!

It's going to be another glorious day here, and I think the girls are riding this afternoon, which means I can leave early. I've been eager to try Sophie's tomato soup recipe, and I just may have time to make it for supper.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Definitely trying that soup recipe too, Cottage. I've copied it and will give it a try, posting it in recipes later. Will give Sophie credit for it, of course.

Too funny! The meeting I refused to attend has been canceled. I've no idea why but it's rather interesting. No doubt I'll find out - with the Diner closed, news is slower to circulate but it does happen. Gotta love the Village telegraph!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon Must be time for afternoon coffee. After yesterday's 13 hour day today is quieter and includes at home computer work. Hooray for balance!

Still struggling to get my work/on the road schedule and food planning back on track. I did it before so I know I can do it again.

Now I'm thinking about tomato soup. I do love soup season. Happy hump day Chicks
Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Ladies, hope you are doing well. I see some familar faces. Natasha, very sorry about your firefighter. It's clear you cared a lot. I assume you are a doctor or nurse? The world needs more medical professionals like yourself who care.

I'm going back on Phase 1 because I had a baby in May. During my pregnancy I gained a lot of weight, and did some off-plan eating; I even got the dreaded pregnancy diabetes. Despite breastfeeding and phase 2 eating, I haven't lost much, so I decided I need to go back on Phase 1. It's good to see you all again. I'm about to hit up the recipe section for some new ideas!

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 09-12-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good evening ladies! Natasha I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

Ruth my mom would be in awe of you 20 bolts of fabric!! She loves quilting and usually she requests fabric or fat quarters for her birthday. I am lucky I can sew a button!

Long day. Went to Joe's last night stayed up too late, barely slept. Food choices were all over the place today. Granted I used training as an excuse, but now I am paying for it (funny I think I have written this before LOL)

Made a big big splurge on the way home. Bought myself a really nice road bike. I was proud that I haggled. I bought my hybrid from this store and the owner really is knowledgeable and takes his time. I was there for almost 2 hours. Not to get too technical, but he really customized this bike just for me. He even gave me the pedals I use on my hybrid and spin bike for free! The pedals alone are around $100.

So excited I set it up on my trainer to ride when I get home from work tomorrow. Luckily I am working OT Sunday which will help pay for it.

Healthy OP day all packed for tomorrow. Night girls
Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, ladies. Captain Mullis was a good guy and a well respected fireman. Every 4th of July we would work the fireworks detail together. I'd be in charge of the communciations side and he'd be in charge of the fire department side. We worked well together. Sadly, he had just retired in July after serving the fire department for 25 years.

Ruth - My lovely neighbor saw my post on Facebook and brought me a whole bag of pumpkin spice that she can't drink right now. I finally got to have some!!!

Lexxiss - That was one of the things my mom said the other day..."I don't even know how often we'll get to see each other." She doesn't work, but she is old enough now to collect social security. Right now she's just in that self-pity mode. She KNOWS that I would pay for her plane ticket to come see me. I just have to trust that she will eventually see that this is what's right for me. I can't keep living in the situation I'm in and expect to find someone to share my life with...it's just not going to happen.

Cottage - Thanks for the kind words. I definitely understand her being upset...it's 1200 miles which is anything BUT a short jaunt, that's for sure.

Melanie - Thank you. I'm a 911 dispatcher. Welcome back to the beach and congratulations on your little one!!!
Closed Thread