South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default No Moaning Monday Chat - Sept. 10

Good morning. You'll need a sweater or jacket for sitting on the deck this morning since it sure cooled down last night. It was so nice to snuggle under the comforter instead of just a sheet.

Back into normal routine today with the gym scheduled for 7:30. After that I will come home and change and then take off for Kingston to get a BD present for my grandson and maybe sneak in a bit of other shopping. This afternoon I'll continue to deal with my mountain of accounting stuff which seems to grow and grow. I'm hoping to work in a bit of outside work as well - there are a lot of branches down from Saturday's storm and I need to get the pine branches out of the dog yard before my darlings get gummed up.

Drat! Just checked my calendar and see that I have a 7 PM meeting re planning for the Mill's Thanksgiving Festival. The older I get, the more I like being snuggled into my own house in the evening. Maybe it's not from getting old but from being tired of volunteer work. Of course, going out in the evening for Book Club or a party is not the same.

I'm sure glad I did all the laundry over a productive weekend. I even made and froze some little meatloaves for the stash and made a spaghetti sauce with those ever-producing tomatoes.

On with the week, the first one of the regular September routine. Feels good to me. Is it good for you? .
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

These cooler mornings are so refreshing! I hope the extreme heat and humidity are finally behind us, although I'm not ready to completely give up summer.

I'm still feeling wonderfully relaxed after a long soak in Gina's hot tub, and I was sorely tempted to spend the night there. But I knew I'd have a long drive home in heavy traffic this morning, and that made me quickly change my mind. Today should be a normal routine day with enough to keep me occupied to make the time go by quickly, and I think I'll be getting home in time to spend a long evening curled up with my book tonight.

Have a wonderful day, and a great start to your week, everyone!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Breakfast is on and my work day plan is complete. My goal this week is to get fully back into the swing of everything - work and eating, with a side of exercise. Summer is over and it's time to get focused.

Ruth - Maybe it's time for a better fun to work ratio?

Cottage - sounds like a relaxing day yesterday.

Breakfast is done so time to run. Hope your Monday is a breeze
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

It is very crisp this morning, I love these days! I am hoping fall is in the air, but a sunny fall would be nice. Worked hard yesterday helping move heavy furniture and painted for my friend. Rewarded with a beautiful, albeit wet bike ride and a yummy dinner! My man can cook!

Today will be some errands a nice bike ride and not much more. Tomorrow I will take my ride indoors as I know I will be glued to the 9/11 Memorial Services. I have to change out my American Flag for my heroes one today (it's an American Flag that has been modified to include the names of all who died that day)

Waiting for DS to get here as he needs his work boots for tech. Oh and I packed him a lunch, just because

Enjoy the day
Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #5  
Just call me Dana

S/C/G: 185/177/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everybody,

I'm Dana, and I'm new here (but lurking on 3FC for awhile). I've used South Beach twice in the past to lose 30+ pounds, but treated it like a diet instead of a lifestyle change. Guess what happened?

This time, I'm "on the beach" to stay. I've found that Phase 1.5 suits me best, so that's where I'm starting and will stay for most of my loss, eventually maintaining with a few more carbs & grains (Phase 2-2.5?).

I'm 48 years old, happily married with two grown sons and I work for a small book publisher in Minnesota. I'm addicted to writing, building websites, and reading cookbooks - although I detest cooking. Go figure!

Thanks for letting me hang out with you. Here's to a great Monday!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks, and a special welcome to Dana!! I LOVE THIS WEATHER!! Can you tell I'm excited!? Like Ruth, I was happy to have the comforter on, and needed a sweatshirt to do my morning chores . Sorry, Cottage, I'm ready for summer weather to be gone (although, DANG, it went quick!).

Cyndi - hope you had a great weekend with lots of memories, and maybe a rain coat .

Although I miss having my hour of the kids gone in the morning to swim or bike, I am getting a lot of chores done (I only have a half hour now) and make a healthy breakfast. I hope to get out of work on time, to take the pup on a hike or run, whatever she is up to. Nothing too exciting today...just trying to clean up my eating (again).
Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning quick flyby for me too busy.

Nice crisp morning had all of my windows open yesterday at home to get fresh air so nice.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #8  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone! I'm enjoying a nice cup of while getting ready before my first workout of the week. It was significantly cooler this morning here too, and usually it's pretty hot this time of year. Today is a pretty relaxing day, working and just need to get in my workout and run a few errands. I put on my workout clothes this morning, which I haven't worn in a couple of months and they are tight which is all the more motivation to work out!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Dana - Nice to meet you.

The weather has been nice here too but I stick indoors thanks to my horrible ragweed allergies

My mom is still traveling so no workout with our trainer. Actually, the timing is great since the chiropractor, who I see for another adjustment this morning, suggested I take a week or so off from strength training. But now my plantar fascia seems to be bothering me. Always something!!! So just when I get back to walking on the treadmill, I'm taking time off from that to "rest" my darn foot.

So, turns out that I am just as addicted to Ezekiel bread as any other. I'm going back to PH1 for a bit to get rid of my bread cravings. I have lots of social eating this month and suspect that I'll be resorting to a return to PH1 in between to stay on track. Life would be so much easier if everyone around me was on the beach too!

Have a great day, all.
Closed Thread