Old 08-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/286/186

Height: 5'7"

Talking A girl trying to find her Metabolism Miracle...

Hello everyone. My name is Dani and I am 28 turning 29 in a few weeks. I am a teacher from Staten Island, NY. I am currently still in school finishing my M.S. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. I always had problems finding "cool" clothes that fit. I have to say that I was fortunate in the fact that I was never bullied because of my weight. I don't know whether kids were afraid I would sit on them or what. Lol. I am a confident woman and I am not trying to lose weight to look better. I am trying to lose weight to feel better. My maternal grandparents, my mother and my aunt all have diabetes, and that scares the life out of me. Several months ago I lost my aunt to pancreatic cancer, and that was a real eye opener. I am only 28 and I am fearful of disease. I mean I am sure that no one enjoys disease, but the idea of being sick and unhealthy really scares me....So here I am on day one of the Metabolism Miracle. I know someone who has had great success with this....and I am going to be the next one. Day 1 was a little rough. Have a bit of a headache I can't break, and have hunger that can't be satisfied. I suppose this is my body going through carb withdrawl. The next few days will be rough, but I know it will get better after that. It is a pleasure "meeting" you. This is going to be me. Well carrots are high in carbs and I can't have them right now, but you guys know what I mean. Good Luck everyone! Dani
danigirl906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Dani How is your MM diet going by now? I started nearly the same time as you, on Aug 6th. I totally LOVE this low carb diet because we can acutally HAVE carbs!

How it is gong? I am trying to find a thread here with others using this diet, have you found any?
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Curious how much progress you are both having? I bought the book on my kindle yesterday and so far am interested in starting. And I will admit the step 1 no list does scare me.

I never realized yogurt had carbs, in the past I have paid so much attention to fats and calories I guess I never noticed. I am a yo-yo dieter, I never keep it off.

Putting something in my mouth every 5 hours is going to be very difficult. My work schedule is hectic. Most mornings I eat breakfast around 7am then often I don't get a lunch until 3 to 4 in the afternoon. The best plan I have for that is to try to sneak some nuts in when nobody is looking..
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #4  

jab.. Hi! I have been on the MM diet for nearly 5 weeks.

Don't let the "no" list scare you. If you eat as she says, you won't need to eat them, really. The cravings for those foods are gone and I feel satisfied when I eat like she suggests in Step 1.

Plus, I really like this diet, because you are ALLOWED 5 grams of carbs every 5 hours, and that is great! She sells a list for $3 of 5x5 carbs you can have, like 8 mini triscutts, or how many goldfish, etc, so every 5 hours you can have those 5 grams of carbs. I LOVE that since other low carb diets I have been on, not having ANY carbs is so very hard.

Do you not get a break at all? Maybe you could have a bathroom break and eat your small snack. It won't take long

I know we aren't supposed to weigh and I know why. My weight is going up and down all over the place. I do weigh and average by the week and last week, I actually gained. That is discouraging, but I realized I am eating too many nuts which are VERY high in calories, I must limit those.

My results so far are actually encouraging. I have only lost 2.6 lbs, but I have lost inches. I was to measure again after the 1st 4 weeks and truthfully I didn't expect much, but I have lost 2 inches on my bust, 1.5 inches on my bra line, 2 inches at my waist and an inch on my hips.

Part of the reason we never keep it off, is because once we get to the "end" of our diet, we start eating like we did before the diet. I have done that, but this system has to be for life for people with Metab. B, and that is what Step 3 is about.

I know I will have to keep this up for my life, and I have thought about it and decided if I do NOT do it, I will get diabetes, and then I WILL be on a diet for life! This is a better road for me, to be healthy and hopefully, thin, without the health issues that are coming my way if I keep on the same path of eating that I have been doing.

so I decided this diet is for me to help me for LIFE so I don't have to worry about the other health issues which would force a more strict diet upon me.

ask questions, I will try and keep a look out for them. This forum stops sending notices if you don't come here or post after a short time, so I don't always get them, but I will try if you will be here, So will I!

DO commit to this for 8 weeks, you will be glad you did! and look forward to feeling full and satisfied ...
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #5  

Thank you for the info!!

Well I finished reading about phase I and decided to not read about the other phases at this time. I think it will only confuse me on what I can and cannot eat in the beginning. So today is day #1 assuming I make it till the end.

I'm hungry now but that is because I've been up since 5am working in the kitchen (of all places) canning tomatoes . I ate a few almonds then later had a thin slice of deli roast beef, along with more water.

I'm getting ready to make something to eat but needed to check my kindle to see what is allowed. I wish now I had bought the paperback because the kindle is more tedious to "find" something when I am in a hurry. I will have to check out the website and see what lists they offer regarding the carbs, thanks for the tip.

The yogurt is going to be hard for me, as is no brown rice, no oatmeal, no pumpkin, no fruit , and I've been binging on cherry tomatoes the past couple weeks which has to stop too...lol.

I know I am doing something with eggplant for dinner since I picked them out of the garden this morning.

Work is difficult. I have a supervisor who is a size 2 and I really don't want to have to explain my diet. She doesn't eat in front of ppl, I think it's an issue for her personally. Anyway I think I can manage some nuts in my pocket to get by. I am suppose to get a couple breaks in the day but it never happens we are over budget , under staffed and always buried...lol. Which is why I end up with a late lunch almost every day.

I figure this is worth trying for 8 weeks and see what I think at the end of that time. I have to do measurements today as well.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #6  

This is a link to a great blog I found alot of great info on as I see that they allow links to blogs. http://thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com/201...miracle-q.html

the web site www.themetabolismmiracle.com is a good place to get general info and if you want to buy the lists I was talking about. There is also a forum for this diet, but I don't want to join since it costs money, not alot, but you can check it out it you want at miracle-ville.com I heard it is a good place to get recipes and information and the lady who wrote the book is actually on the site and will answer questions personally as well.

I hope you can work something out at work. It is good you are busy, but eating every 5 hours is very important during Step 1, for sure.

I also have not committed to memory the next 2 steps because they are very different from Step 1. I am getting close to needing to look at Step 2...in 3 weeks I will be ready for that.

Come back for more support or questions. I have had a hard time finding a free place to discuss this diet. I know one other person using it, so this is great to have someone else as well!

Last edited by auntnelly; 04-18-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #7  

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of those recipes. I love roasted cauliflower and will definitely have to try the pizza and cheescake cups.

I made it through day one and stayed OP. Little bit of a headache and some cravings but not to awful. Although I was very busy yesterday.

I did have a "cranky" moment last night when the bf says to me do you want some ice cream. I'm like what part of I'm on a diet did you not understand and began to rattle off my options, including didn't you think it was odd you had mashed potatoes and gravy and I didn't and I pointed out I made your dinner differently... aaarrrgghhh. He then in a small voice says well I have no idea whats on your diet. I'm like there is no diet in the world where I get to eat regular ice cream. He then ate 2 ice cream sandwiches and a bowl of chocolate ice cream.... his ppl are all thin.

I made myself sf jello to keep in the fridge, so when he has his ice cream I won't feel tempted as much.

Last time I was dieting ( I managed to take off 63 lbs but lost a family member and just went on a bad roller coaster ride and gained it all back in the last year) I used a protein shake mix for breakfast. It was quick and easy, although I also added yogurt and fruit with spinach to it most of the time so it was a true "meal".

Anyway I picked up a can of the powder it's a whey & soy protein powder by Smart Sense (Kmart) and it has
Total carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g

If I read the book right this will be acceptable. I mixed it with unsweetened Silk Almond milk. Hopefully I haven't shot my day already because that is what I did for breakfast today.

That every five hour thing was harping in my mind and I thought it's been 12 hrs since I had anything (dinner was around 6pm, then bed at 10:30) and I probably am suppose to eat very soon after getting up. I should probably re-read phase 1 to be sure I got it right.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #8  

Just real quick....
the 2 grams in the protein drink needs to be added to the grams of carbs i the almond milk..look on page 65 . It says unsweetened almond milk is OK, and it has a * by it, which means you have to count the carbs.

gotta run...don't worry too much, just keep going forward and you will get it right after awhile. It is an adjustment.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #9  

I did add in the almond milk to my carbs. Its still difficult for me to understand which carbs count and which don't...lol. Again I wish I had bought paperback and not kindle version of this book.

I also find it's difficult to find a lot online about this diet, like acceptable food lists etc. I did find the chart from the book and printed that out to hang on the fridge to keep me straight on some of my veggie choices and remind me what is not allowed.

I did go to the websites you listed and I stumbled across another from that pin site (I'm not a member) that had awesome looking food but didn't see recipes attached, which frustrated me...lol. I finally paid for a brief membership to the MM website last night. So far it is confusing, and I was disappointed to see that even if you pay for membership to the site you still have to pay for those precious lists if you want them. On the upside of it if you read enough on the forum threads you are able to piece meal it together a bit.

I did print off a list of allowable bread choices which I had a pack of Mission Carb Balance tortillas in my hand earlier at the grocery store yesterday but as soon as I saw 6 carbs I put it down. I thought well I could cut them and then I thought maybe I misread and they are not acceptable on phase 1 so I put them back down (close expiration date and I thoght they won't last till phase 2 why bother) but on the website I see they are ok for phase 1 if you cut part off. So if I had the bread list beforehand it would have helped me when I was at the store shopping.

And I found this which I copied as well and will pass on :::

Below are the small amounts of fruits now allowed on Step 1 as a 5 gr. counter: Diane gave us a list on here last year at some point.
1/3 cup melon cubes
1/4 cup pineapple cubes
1/4 cup black berries or blueberries
1/3 cup raspberries
4 grapes
2 strawberries
1/3 of an apple/peach/pear

Since the book version I have says NO fruits I thought this might be useful info if you don't have it already.

Have a great day OP!!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #10  

The allowed food list in the book you will find on pages 62-72 if the pages are the same in the kindle version you have.

This is a really new diet, the book came out in 2009, so I have also found it hard to find info on line.

Wow! fruits on Step 1? That is amazing to know. Yes, there are none listed in the book. I am glad you joined the forum over there. I did buy the list for Step 1, you can get it for just $3, you don't have to buy all 3 lists...if you scroll down on that page, you will see more options., if you want to know some of the lists I type them in here for you.

You have to look on the back of the pkg of tortillas, find "total carbohydrates" take that amount minus any fiber listed and that is the carb total.

I have some tortillas that have 12 grams carbohydrates and 7 grams fiber. You subtract 12-7 and get 5, this is allowed 5 grams every 5 hours.

It can get confusing, but you will catch on after awhile.

Last edited by auntnelly; 04-18-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab91864 View Post

I did go to the websites you listed and I stumbled across another from that pin site (I'm not a member) that had awesome looking food but didn't see recipes attached, which frustrated me...
which one was that? do you remember? One of them has a link below the picture to "go to the facebook post of this recipe" Let me know which one you found and I'll try and help!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #12  

http://pinterest.com/suzsteece/metabolism-miracle/

I didn't realize that the name in grey at the bottom was a link. I was clicking the pictures... what a dork.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #13  

Thank you for posting the yes list. I saved it to print off.

My kindle doesn't show pages. So while I can bookmark stuff I then have to scroll through the bookmarks to see which one looks like it might be the right thread I want to read When it is something I want to reference all the time it is easier on paper.

I thought these looked really good
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10...ted-again.html
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab91864 View Post
http://pinterest.com/suzsteece/metabolism-miracle/

I didn't realize that the name in grey at the bottom was a link. I was clicking the pictures... what a dork.
I'm not sure which pages on the pintrest you are talking about, but it might look different and work different if you don't have a pintrest account.

If you want an account, PM me your email address and I can invite you. It is by invitation, and it is faster if someone invites you.

I have seen those egg cups before. they are a good idea, although I haven't make them yet.

Last edited by auntnelly; 09-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #15  

I'm going to try this weekend to make something from one of the recipes I have found, not sure what yet. But I want to have something that I can carry and go.

I'm running low on ideas for quickie stuff when I am in a hurry or too tired. Carrying nuts in my pocket to work is going well enough to keep me until I get to take a lunch. I'm already bored with meal times though. I need to get some of those low carb tortillas and some low carb yogurt, although I have had no luck with the yogurt yet. I am rural and choices can be very limited at times.

I've stayed OP and I don't feel quite as run down as my "norm" so that is a good sign. Today will be extra long and I am already cranky.

Have a great OP day !!