South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - Sept. 8 & 9

Good morning from noisy and wet Delta!

We are in the midst of a big T-storm and Disney is absolutely terrified - once a Katrina rescue, always a Katrina rescue. She woke me at 4:30 scratching and crashing against the kitchen door and then headed under the desk on my feet. I do have tranquilizers for her but hesitate to use them as she tries to fight the effects. Poor puppy!

Aside from Church tomorrow morning, I have absolutely nothing that is a "must" this weekend although I'm sure I'll be able to fill the time. Right now I have flashlights handy and flushing water in the tub since I am expecting the power to go out as it usually does in t-storms. I had considered driving to the city for some shopping but will forgo that in heavy rains that are predicted for the day.

So ... perhaps some hand sewing and reading when it gets light. If the power stays on, I may make some soup - it's that kind of a day.

In the meantime, have another coffee and help me give Disney reassuring pats.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth. Poor Disney! I used to have to give my older pup tranquilizers to go to the vet or if we had company. Thankfully as he matured he over came this.

Working today. Off tomorrow and plan on going for a long bike ride in the country. Waiting on the rain to reach us later today. Stay dry and enjoy your day
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Poor Disney! I hope she's curled up and finding comfort on your lap right now, Ruth. We always have to put a ThunderShirt on Molly when a storm is approaching to calm her down, but then she's never experienced a storm like Katrina.

I wish you luck on the rain holding off for your bike ride, Jennifer. It's cloudy here right now, and we have severe storm warnings for late this afternoon.

It's Community Day in our town, with some streets closed off for the Run and lots of exhibitions and craft booths set up at the park. I want to go up to Kauffman's near Lancaster to see if they have Golden Delicious and Honey Crisps in yet, then we plan to walk over to the park for the festivities. So we're hoping our rain holds off until this evening.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

It's awful quiet here - DH is at his retreat (DD told her friends daddy was having a sleepover!), and the kids are still sleeping. I have to work today, so I'll drag the kids with me. Who knows what to do this afternoon, it'll depend on what DH is up to (did they stay up all night giggling ?!?!).

I'm delighted to see the temps are going down, it will make it easier to eat healthy...I'm ready for all the soups and good crock pot meals! This change of schedule I had (only 2 hours...but what a difference it makes) hindered me with my planning....I should've just made DH make healthy stuff on Tuesday nights when I'm gone. My schedule has also shrunk so that it's harder to squeeze exercise in .

Anyone have exciting plans this weekend?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Today is the Memorial Party, unfortunately it looks like weather will be the noisiest guest. We took a chance and opted for a lovely spot on top of a mountain. The shelter is the typical roof but open sides so I think it will be a very short party. DD, her fiance and I are camping in a lean to so that will be nice but I think there will be lots of nibbles left. I have to admit I am ready for this phase to be over.

Hope your weekend is less stormy.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Another day at work, just waiting for the Georgia game to come on. GO DAWGS!!!

Ruth, I feel your pain as far as a skiddish puppy goes. My Shadow does not care for thunder one bit. She always comes and gets on her bed in the corner of the dining room w/ her tail tucked between her legs. It's pitiful!!! Hope your Disney has calmed down some.

jekel, a bike ride through the country sounds AMAZING!!! I bought a bike nearly 2 years ago now and it's had a flat tire for over a year. I need to get off my duff and go get it fixed so I can start using it!!!

cottage, hope the rain held off for you and you enjoyed your day!!!

Twynn, no exciting plans here as I'm stuck working all weekend. Monday and Tuesday are normal off days for me, but I've got a subpoena for Monday and I've got training on Tuesday.

Cyndi, hope the weather calmed down some so you could enjoy your day!!!

Sounds like everybody is having a stormy day...myself included. I forgot to update you ladies, but I had my phone interview for that job in MA on Thursday and it seemed to go really well. I'm one of 6 candidates left and have been told that 1 or 2 of those are on the verge of being cut. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! Speaking of, I've got to get my background packet ready to mail out. Talk to you ladies tomorrow!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #7  

Good luck Natasha sounds like they have a very thorough hiring process. Yeah I have gotten bitten by the cycling bug lol. I am actually contemplating doing the Police Unity Ride in May. It officially begins in Somerset NJ and concludes in DC. The local chapter here starts at Ground Zero, very fitting. My friend Meredith is willing to meet us in DC with a van to bring us and our bikes home. I am not a great rider by any means. After reading the posts in the guest book Inwas so incredibly moved. My partner at work is really pushing me to see if we can get a team together. I'll keep you posted
Old 09-09-2012, 03:58 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

I'm finally getting caught up around here! DH returned with me yesterday AM. We left at 3:30 and got back with just enough time to get the car unloaded, have a cup of coffee and make/drink my green smoothie. I went to bed early...now here I am wide awake in the middle of the night. Oh, well.

I spent a day over there really going through cupboards in the kitchen and brought some stuff back I'm no longer using over hear since this seems to be home base right now. I've got almost everything unpacked and I just need to put kitchen stuff away but don't feel like the hike back downstairs right now.

I'm hoping we can do something fun today since I have to work again tomorrow. The weather has been holding pretty good here lately.

Happy Sunday!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. My world is all wet and washed this morning. I can hardly wait for the sun to get up and sparkle everything. for the next week is the prediction.

I spent a thoroughly lovely day at home yesterday - didn't even go out of the house! (That was easy to do as it poured rain most of the day - another 2" according to my rain gauge.) I puttered around the kitchen, made a rum cake for a friend's birthday gift, caught up on all laundry and did three hours of hand sewing while watching silly TV.

Church this morning followed by coffee and then I may take off for the city to get a gift for my grandson's birthday. Spotted a super t-shirt on FB and want to get it for him. If I don't have any luck, it'll be a cheque instead but I have my fingers crossed. Any leftover time today will be spent whipping my desk into shape so I can tackle the week more easily on Monday. I go away for another wee trip on the 19th and do not want any last minute panics.

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and is all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for Monday.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #10  

Good morning Debbie, Ruth and all the sleeping in chicks.

My mums look great thanks to yesterday's soaking. My grass too! I cannot believe my landscaper came yesterday.

Having a quick smoothie and coffee then going to my friend's house for the day. He promised to go for a ride after we Finish working around the property. Monday or Tuesday I plan on going to the DMV to renew my license and to the bike store to check out the road bikes. Wednesday technically I am off, but will be attending a seminar in Schenectady. I get compensated with a day off in the future, which is always a good thing.

Well I better hurry up if implan on leaving in an hour. Enjoy the day
Old 09-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to all you chatty chicks!

I was up early to check on my peppers and tomatoes in the dehydrator and throw a load of whites in the washer. And just as I sat down to enjoy my coffee on this tranquil morning, everyone else decided to get up.

I need to go out looking for those iron-on jeans patches to see if I can salvage a few pair of Jake's pants. I know, I should have done that yesterday. And I have to get lunch makings for the week while I'm out, then this afternoon will be spent having fun and relaxing in my SIL's hot tub and her ThirtyOne party.

Ruth, I hope you have luck finding that t-shirt for your grandson! I brought up my carry-on suitcase from the basement and am airing it out in preparation for our trip. I just hope it's big enough for all my 'stuff,' as I don't want to have to check my bags on this trip.

Natasha, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get selected for that Boston job!

Debbie, have fun today on your day off!

Jennifer, your bike trip sounds fun and exciting, and very moving. I know you can do it, and wish you luck!

Cyndi, I hope the weather didn't put a damper on Julie's memorial and that it was a good day for everyone.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Back from Church and have decided another "at home" day is a good idea. It occurred to me that there will be lots of parents and kids shopping today, picking up the stuff they missed for the first day of school last week. I'll hit the city after gym tomorrow morning.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Last night I learned that my car really isn't good for sleeping in. Oops. Lots of coffee today and hoping for an afternoon nap.

Hope your Sunday is sunny and relaxing
Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. It's my Friday at work...sure wish I didn't have that subpoena for tomorrow and class on Tuesday. I just want to sleep sleep SLEEP and it doesn't look like I'm going to get the chance.

Hope everybody is enjoying their Sunday!!!
Closed Thread