Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 09-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #1  

Default Excess skin

I'm worried about this. I have 100 pounds to lose. I've lost it all before, and unfortunately gained it back. I was 18 at the time of weight loss, and didn't have too bad of a time with excess skin. I'm worried that two kids later and being 8 years older will affect this. I know if varies between all individuals, but the thought of needing surgery to correct this is terrifying. Curious if anyone has been in a similar situation and if I should see the same bounce back with my skin as I did before. This is probably an impossible question, but thought I'd go for it anyway.

Also, has anyone had success in at least helping the situation naturally?
Determined Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #2  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I've never lost this much before but my high weight was 312, I'm 27, and I have 2 kids. I have a lot of loose skin and it's going to have to be removed surgically. You may not though. Each person loses differently.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I'm 28, mother of 6 y/o twins and 16 m/o baby, ex-smoker (bad for skin elasticity! ) and I've lost almost half my body weight, around 130 pounds. Skin isn't too bad. I won't need surgery. The more time I give it, the more my skin firms up. I am going to start weight training heavier soon, because that helps as well. Best wishes!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote