WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 12:25 PM   #1  
Average White Girl

Default Flex Point Plan?

I just read that WW is changing thier plan to include flex points. Instead of having a range to shoot for in daily points, you have your minimum. Then you have 35 "flex points" to use that week however you want, like to add on daily or use for special occasions. I've been doing the points system at home. I would like to learn more about this, like what my point min. for the day would be, but I don't want to pay 100.00 again to get a lot of information I already have. I'm just wondering if anyone has treid this new system and how it works. I"m kind of nervous about having 35 points a week to do whatever I want. It seems too good to be true.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Since the point ranges are no longer flexible and if you ate at the top of your range, you should only have about 14 pts left to play with.

If that is so, then use the 21 like you are eating at the top of your point range and then discard the other 14.

I am really liking them, I never quite understood banking, so this makes sense to me.

I like the flexibilty in having high point and low point days, works well for me as I travel most weeks.

lala
Old 08-28-2003, 05:12 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

I just started this plan online and I really like it. I've tried WW before but it's never really been what I wanted, because I believe that it's calories that really count, but I feel differently about Flexpoints. I've ordered the new at-home kit. It is described in the current issue of WW magazine. They tell me it's backordered, so I hope I get it in a few weeks at least. I really like the new Flexpoints calculator that's in the kit. I plan to use Flexpoints to push my weight loss to my ultimate goal by January.

The new WW issue completely describes the new plan and gives a sample menu. The only thing they leave out is the target points because, I assume, they want people to pay the money to join. But the lowest target level is 20, mine is 22. Otherwise the only differences are that you don't bank points, if you don't eat up to your target, the points disappear, you have a single target instead of a points range and you get the 35 Flexpoints to use however you like. Each week, the Flexpoints that are left are discarded. The online site adds in your activity points before dipping into the Flexpoints.

I like it because of the Flexpoints. Dunno. It's working really well for me ... I needed a change from my calorie counting, though, of course, this is just another form of calorie counting.

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #4  

Hi, Im just getting in to the new Flexipoints, it takes some getting use to when you have been following the old points program but I do like the idea of using the points as you wish because it allows you to keep them for that special occasion each week. Good luck to everyone Im hoping that the change is what I need to put me over the top to my goal wt.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:24 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

I love the Flex Points but it really is no different than the previous versions of Points.

1) you still have a minimum but it is now known as TARGET POINTS

2) you still have banked points but they are now known as FLEX POINTS and instead of you depositing them they are given to you at the beginning of the week

3) you can still earn ACTIVITY POINTS but you have to use them on the day you earn them or they are gone and you use them before you dip into the FLEX/BANKED POINTS

4) there is still a cap of fiber

The major difference is there are 14 more points over the course of the week than there was with WINNING POINTS but it is the same amount of points as with 1-2-3 SUCCESS and you can use more than 10 FLEX/BANKED POINTS at a given time.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:29 PM   #6  

Default just curious

Whats the fiber cap?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:14 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

While there is no cap to what you can get in when figuring points you cap it at 4 grams.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #8  

Could someone post the points range for the different weight catagories? Thanks you.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:10 PM   #9  

Default Here ya go!

Weight ranges and target points

less than 150 pounds 20 pts
150 to 174 pounds 22 pts
175 to 199 pounds 24 pts
200 to 224 pounds 26 pts
225 to 249 pounds 28 pts
250 to 274 pounds 30 pts
275 to 299 pounds 31 pts
300 to 324 pounds 32 pts
325 to 349 pounds 33 pts
350 or more pounds 34 pts
Old 09-16-2003, 07:02 PM   #10  

Thank you loosinit. Doesn't give me that many calories. I am under 150. So 20 plus 5 extra for the flex points. Back to 25 points on average per day. I will definitely need to earn exercise points for the extras. Thanks again.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:05 AM   #11  

Can you use the flex points any way you want? Like saving them all up for Saturday? Or are there some guidlines?
Old 09-25-2003, 09:09 AM   #12  
Turtle Buddy

Yes, you can use them any way you want. I used all of mine in one day one week when we were out-of-town and ate all three meals in restaurants. I lost 2 pounds that week. So, don't be afraid of them.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #13  
CIN

Suzy
Yes you may use them all at once if you like. In fact page 7 of the Week One Getting Started Book says "use them anyway you please,don"t use them at all,divide them evenly over the week OR SPEND them all on a weekend splurge.

Keeping track of them is what is most important!

Enjoy!

Cin
Old 09-25-2003, 09:56 AM   #14  

So far Im not overly pleased with the new system and Im going back to the old one. I have gained over the last few weeks. In the first 2 weeks I came down 2lbs but after that I put that back on and some and I was sticking to the programe and not even using up ll my flex points during one of the weeks.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:42 PM   #15  

Talking

Thank you for the flex points info. I have failed at WW the last few times I tried. I think I am going to try again.
Closed Thread