Old 09-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Halloween Challenge

With everyone fresh off their successful (or almost successful) Labor Day Challenge, I thought I'd keep that great momentum going with a Halloween Challenge!

That gives us a little over 8 weeks to hit our next personal goal.

For me, I would love to be in the 220s, and would feel amazingly successful if I could dip into the 210s.

That would be between 8 and 18 lbs. down and I would be very happy!

Best of luck on everyone's individual challenges - we can do this!!!
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I want to finally be at 160 so I can decide if that's where I'm going to stay.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I would like to join and my goal will be 140. I would love to see anything in the 130's but I willbe super happy with 140
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to lose my last 9lbs and reach my goal of 140.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #5  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Yay! My goal is to be at 235-240.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Yay Thanks for starting the Halloween Challenge ... I'm getting my act back together and not having anymore eating temper tantrums because I can't get anyone to come hook up my new stove and put in the new hood - It's a beautiful kitchen sculpture even if I cant stinking cook yet! Yes I can still be mad about it but I will not turn to stupid carbs because of it - it happened too easily.

So my challenge is -- to stay on plan totally for the challenge and to exercise each day . And lose 10 lbs .... which will safely get me out of the blasted 2 numbers with room to spare...
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Rho, I can't believe you still haven't had it set up, it's crazy. You poor thing, I can understand the tantrums!

Thanks for setting up the challenge Dave.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Thanks for setting up the change Dave!

Everyone has some really good, and realistic goals - I LOVE IT! Good job girls!

I am shooting for 170 by Halloween. :-)
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBee View Post
Rho, I can't believe you still haven't had it set up, it's crazy. You poor thing, I can understand the tantrums!

Thanks for setting up the challenge Dave.
Not only is it not set up yet - you can't get anyone to even return calls to come look at it ..... I've heard this from other people but never really believed it -
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #10  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Cool...I'll join in! My goal is to lose at least 26 pounds by Halloween.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
Not only is it not set up yet - you can't get anyone to even return calls to come look at it ..... I've heard this from other people but never really believed it -
It's just nuts. Especially when we hear about people being out of work, or having less work... here it is!!

I'm still thinking what I want to make my goal. I don't think I'll go for a number.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #12  

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBee View Post
It's just nuts. Especially when we hear about people being out of work, or having less work... here it is!!

I'm still thinking what I want to make my goal. I don't think I'll go for a number.
Wow! You do understand that not all of us unemployed, out of work ex-machinists and laborers have certifications to play with natural gas, right? You cannot be so nasty out of ignorance, it has to be just plain old insensitivity.

Her warranties and possibly her homeowners insurance would be in jeopardy if she called just any Tom, Dick or Harry to hook it up.

It is terrible that her stove and kitchen are not put together like they should have been weeks ago, but it really isn't an excuse to bash the people like me who are out of work due to shop and plant closures and jobs being sent overseas. This is supposed to be a safe positive place to get support for losing weight, not another place to be ridiculed by people.

I was going to ask for advice on a goal to set but when I read your post it made me feel like giving up and going back to the pasta that I can afford. And don't worry your taxes aren't paying for me I mortgaged my home and using loans that will be repaid to go back to school, but not to learn how to become certified to hook up natural gas lines. I won't be back for awhile.

Last edited by sheski; 09-06-2012 at 12:03 AM.
sheski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Wow Sheski -I read and reread where you thought that comment was insensitive and ignorant but I just cant figure it out??? We are dealing with an unemployed household where my DBF was in the construction industry and I am working 2 jobs to support our family of 5 and STILL did not read into it like that. Just my personal thought and it is not an attack on anyone but it was a very generalized comment and I dont think anyone should be offended unless is was specifically directed at them.

On a HAPPIER note because that is what this place is suppose to be...a happy forum for SUPPORT, I got my P90x in yesterday. Yay! I am seeing the bloat results of going off Atkins and calorie counting but I am ok with it. I feel less stressed.

The weekend is quickly approaching...what does everyone have planned? With the weather getting cooler, is anyone changing their workouts to outdoor activities?
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheski View Post
Wow! You do understand that not all of us unemployed, out of work ex-machinists and laborers have certifications to play with natural gas, right? You cannot be so nasty out of ignorance, it has to be just plain old insensitivity.

Her warranties and possibly her homeowners insurance would be in jeopardy if she called just any Tom, Dick or Harry to hook it up.

It is terrible that her stove and kitchen are not put together like they should have been weeks ago, but it really isn't an excuse to bash the people like me who are out of work due to shop and plant closures and jobs being sent overseas. This is supposed to be a safe positive place to get support for losing weight, not another place to be ridiculed by people.

I was going to ask for advice on a goal to set but when I read your post it made me feel like giving up and going back to the pasta that I can afford. And don't worry your taxes aren't paying for me I mortgaged my home and using loans that will be repaid to go back to school, but not to learn how to become certified to hook up natural gas lines. I won't be back for awhile.
Sheski, I'm so sorry if I caused offense and upset but that really wasn't my intention. I've known Rho for nearly a year now from various challenges and was sympathising with her because she's just not getting calls back (we were talking about this on a previous thread) and I could relate because that happened with my friend - he'd call plumbers etc and just not get any reply at all. I don't at all think that other out of work people should be jumping up to do a job that they are not qualified for, but if someone is advertising a service, they should respond to people seeking that service and if they are overwhelmed with work, then they could hire additional (qualified) staff to meet demand. I'm sure there must be some out of work people who are qualified and who would like to be taken on by the people who didn't get back to my friend, or to Rho.

I meant no insult at all towards people who are out of work and I'm really sorry if it came across like that to you. It sounds like you've had an awful lot of stress in your life and I hate to think I've contributed further.

While we're sharing feelings I'll say that I'm feeling really upset about your comment calling me nasty and insensitive. We use these threads as a place to chat about our day to day lives and I'm kind of stunned to be attacked like this.

Please come back and talk about goals. Turning to pasta if you're mad isn't going to help out at all.

And I'm really sorry you had to mortgage your house to go back to school. I wish you didn't have to do that. I would never begrudge taxes to support education. I am not in the US so my tax situation is irrelevant but I believe in a strong social safety net.

ETA. Thanks for your support LuckyLindy and yay about the P90x. I've read about that but not really sure what it's about. Do you need a lot of space? I have a tiny apartment.

Last edited by AnaBee; 09-06-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #15  

wow guys sorry this turned into this -- Actually though I am calling qualified licensed people to do the jobs and I don't think expecting a call back is too much to ask -- and the carpenter/contractor is a friend and he is going thru a bad patch too - he is on the verge of losing his house and I also know he isn't busy but we didn't expect him to drop everything or come right over or a discount on the price or anything -- but a call back would be appreciated. - From anyone - even if it is to say we are busy now and it will be a month before we can come .. I'm sure your post sheski was made because you are frustrated and worried and took what was said in a way no one else saw it ... and in a way it wasn't meant at all - I really hope you re-read it when you are in a better frame of mind and you realize that - and also realize your post to AnaBee was harsh -- I hope you didn't go and dive into carbs - and you come back to set a goal to join in the Halloween Challenge ..

We were supposed to go to a party at the ocean tomorrow night - outside - and I looked at the weather report - 50-70% chance or rain during the day and thunderstorms at night - oh joy - the thing is the party will go on because it is the after party for an annual antique FD muster - and the parking lot of the beach is where all the campers park and it is the one chance during the year to see people who have been coming to this to compete - even from other states for over 25 years. It is a put out food on tables and wander around and see people party - and it can't be rescheduled ... oh well if it rains my hair just gets curlier - as long as the temps stay up and it isn't thunderstorms it should be ok.

Lindy I was wondering - our tourist season is almost over (weekends now till it gets cold) does it get busier down there now is it the beginning of your tourist season. I'm thinking you are in Fla -- I could be totally wrong.