Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking Just went to the best baby shower EVER!

Hey everyone!
I just had to tell you about the baby shower I went to this weekend for my belly dance instructor...it was AWESOME!
We here in Indiana are used to cake and punch baby showers with silly parlor games and pastel streamers-so this was a BIG change!
When I got the invitation, it looked like a wedding invitation-done professionally on gorgeous paper, with a teddy bear cut out tied on with raffia...wow-it says that it is going to be held at a local (expensive) Italian eatery...sounds interesting!
I get there (dressed nicely) and am told by the hostess that our party is in the "Wine Cellar." It looked JUST like a wine cellar-a wall full or racks and wine bottles, the walls are done in stone with candelabra sconces on the wall...I was immediately greeted by a GORGEOUS waiter who took my gifts and gave me a glass of wine. (Boy this is getting better by the minute!)
My teacher looked LOVELY in hip black maternity top and black capris with the cutest shoes...all pregnant women look beautiful, but she looks EXOTIC.
The table was filled with peach flower arrangements and white linens, and we had place settings...the fun was that we had to go around and find our seat-my instructor and her mother went to local book stores and got those little "mini books" to put at each place-one to match each of the guests personality. Mine was "Tolkiens Treasury."
We were served sparkling water and lime, more wine, and a DECADENT bread made of rosemary and spices and dipped in olive oil and parmesan cheese. We ate grilled chicken, grilled vegetables, and pasta-and a great variety of salads like ceasar and a house salad with dark greens and pine nuts.
Dessert was incredible...a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a chocolate drizzle, lovingly seated next to a scoop of mixed berry sorbet topped with fresh rasberries and blueberries...and to top it off...Godiva chocolates were laid out.
The gifts were all lovely, and everyone had an awesome time...and it was great to actually see some of my dance friends in street clothes and normal makeup-not just a ponytail and lycra, or in full costume for a performance. It was really just totally fabulous...to die for...
Aphil
Old 09-08-2003, 12:15 PM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW!! Sounds great!! FUN too!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 03:58 PM   #3  
Imagine...

Sounds way better then my weekend, glad you had a good time. Isn't it fun to see people outside of their normal clothes.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:17 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

FUN FUN FUN....love those kinds of things!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:26 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

That's so nice to hear...a baby shower that was actually awesome.

Most of the ones I've been part of have been painful! Sounds like it was tres elegant et chic.
Closed Thread