South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat on The Beach - Sept. 4

Good morning! First day of school here in Ontario and the kids at the school bus stop will be either very excited or very morose. I sometimes walk down there to wave them off but it may be raining by pick-up time so I may skip that tradition.

As I predicted, the Pypers didn't show up for the dogs until very late afternoon - 6:30 is not really still afternoon. They had gone to Lyndhurst and picked up huge pizzas which we enjoyed (with wine) out on the deck. So much for my planned salad! Anyhow, life is short and it was the last long weekend of summer. Progress on accounting? Is there such a thing as minus zero?

Today will be catch-up day with a couple of house tasks and then I'll chain myself to the desk and tackle the huge accounting things. I did get some work done yesterday but ...

Raising my mug of Newman's Own in a toast to our Tuesday and a short week!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Daily Beach Chat for 9/4

Coffee's on and I'm pouring, but that's not the only thing that's being poured on this dark & gloomy looking Tuesday morning. We're getting pounded!

I'm expecting a busy day at work after the 4 day weekend, and the girls have piano and violin lessons after school. There are leftovers in the fridge from yesterday for supper, thank goodness. I know I'll be tired by the end of the day. At least it will be a short week.

Let's sit with our coffee before we get this busy day started.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie! I'm having Newman's, too.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for the start up! I hope your day is enjoyable and that you get a small start on your accounting project. Sometimes just the start will get me to the finish.

I slept in a little bit but have my "Friday" work day at 7. I've been relieved of Wednesdays so I'm down to 3 days a week. It worked out great...I held on for the entire Summer and made the big bucks. (Yesterday was fantastic) Now it will be nice to get into a much slower routine.

Off to my list....and first cup of coffee. It's so far downstairs I can't even smell it brewing.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies! It's a bit of a dreary morning here as well, and also their first day of school. I know DS is already up, but told by dad to "rest a bit" until 7 am. DD on the other hand, will be harder to wake up!

I didn't have internet since Wednesday, and didn't really miss it! (only you guys ). We had a great time...went on a hike with lots of rock climbing and creek wading before the family got there, and then spent several days with DH's family and a flea market. DH's mom is getting pretty bad alzheimers, which is sad to see. Makes me want to do more sudoku, if it's linked to keeping your mind sharper!!

I didn't eat as bad as I could've (who wants hot junk food in 95 degree weather??!), but I need to plan out a week or two of phase 1. Guess I need to plan out my shopping!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Back to work we go, I need to drop off car after work it is acting up again, luckily they give you a loaner car to drive. We had a fantastic weekend away just what Ineeded.

Stay dry on the east coast.

Have a great day
Old 09-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon, had a meeting at work at 8 so there was no time to check in. By the time we were through my stomach was saying "feed me now!!!" I did turn down liquid lunch with the boys and opted to go home. Granted the ride home my evil twin kept insisting on hitting a drive through. It took all my will power to resist. I am eating a stuffed squash P1 friendly. Ahhhh much better

Son is coming over to pick up his back to school papers in a few. This will be the first year ever he is not with me Forbthe first day of school. As long as his dad keeps letting him use his truck, I don't see him coming home anytime soon. I try to rationalize my loniless by reminding myself in two years he will be off to college, which doesnt really help. At least the house is free of junk food. So if I find myself turning o food for comfort it will be veggies and hummus lol
Old 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies...hope today is finding you well. I am having a super duper fat kid moment over pumpkin spice being back in the coffee shops on Thursday. BUT I'll be picking up the Dunkin Donuts coffee pack at Target and making my frappucinos at home w/ Sugar Free Vanilla ice crea, Cool Whip Free (actually found it in the store the other day!!!), and pumpkin pie spice. I did it last year and it is SO much better than Starbucks!!! Even my employees agree.

Ruth - I haven't bought the lamb yet, but I am a huge fan of lamb gyros and that's what I was looking at making. I made homemade tzatziki last year and it was AMAZING.

My two weeks on Phase I was up yesterday, but I added an extra day b/c I didn't decided to go back to Phase I until after breakfast that day and I had had a piece of whole wheat toast. I've decided to stay away from rice and bread still, though, b/c it seems to be a trigger for me. Can't argue w/ a 13.5 pound weight loss in 2 weeks, so I'm fine w/ bunless hamburgers, LOL
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Natasha that is awesome!!! I too find grains can be a trigger for me too. I can handle whole wheat or a flex seed and oat bran wrap. Your frappucino sounds delicious!!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Beachy Chicks Still here, still reading, still trying to work out my schedule so I have a little free time.

Congratulations Natasha!
Closed Thread