Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #1  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Default Holy boobs, Batman...

So I posted a picture over in 20-somethings the other day and commented that if I could get rid of my armpit pudge, it would be awesome...well, the glorious Miss LeilaJey then informed me that armpit fat could very well actually be migrated breast tissue and added a few links. I spent some time looking around on the internet, took some measurements, and went out looking for new bras today...

...only to find that I've apparently been shopping 3 cup sizes too small. I'd been wearing 36Bs from the US and picking up the occasional 80C in Japan when they started to feel too stretched-out. Today I walked out with 75Fs (apparently the equivalent of DDs). HO...LY...CRAP. I've spent my whole life laboring under the delusion that I was the only flat-chested fat girl out there, but as it turns out, I'm just too stupid to know how to fit a bra.

Has something like this happened to anyone else? I feel so lost right now...I don't know how to dress with boobs or anything...I kinda feel like up is down, left is moose, and the center of the earth is filled with goldfish crackers...I half just want to put my old bras back on, but the armpit thing has been bugging me for a long time and if it's boobage, it seems highly unlikely that I'll be able to get rid of it any other way than redirecting it back to where it's supposed to be.

*Sigh* At least my boyfriend will be happy...

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 09-02-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

Love the term boobage! I have a rather ample 34DD chest. It can be a bit tricky with clothes as you don't want to look as though you are trying to sell yourself on a street corner. I find wrap around tops are great, as are V-necks. They show off that are nicely, without looking too trashy.

Another option is to get a free personal shopping thing at a store, they can help you too.
MissD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You're not too stupid to know how to wear a bra--we've all been there because in a lot of places they stick to the standard 32-40 A-DD sizing.

I'm a 28F. It would be super easy for me to just walk into Target and buy a 34A and call it a day or something, but wearing the right bra is wor the headache of getting ahold of my size.

It's hard to get used to it at first when you first switch sizes, but it's totally worth it: your boobs look better, your armpit fat goes down, your posture improves and you look slimmer.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #4  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

First things first: mm goldfish crackers. I used to babysit for this American family when I was younger and their cupboards were full of them. So good.

I'm so glad you found some good fitting bras! Seriously, once I figured out this bra stuff a bit I've been telling all of the women I know to measure themselves. I found all of this stuff from runningfromfat on some post about bras a few months ago and it seriously changed my life. I was always so insecure and embarrassed about my funny boobs. I also used to just pick random sizes like 36B.. I mean I gained weight so I thought 36 made sense.

Just make sure to keep measuring as you're losing weight so that the band stays tight enough, there's tutorials for taking them in a bit too to keep you going in between as it can get expensive!

You'll settle into them I'm sure, I remember how I felt when I had proper cleavage without having to stuff chicken fillets in there (and worry about them falling out) haha
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #5  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Also lots of lingerie shops put people in completely the wrong sizes (if they don't have your correct size) or use out dated methods for measuring. So lots of women think they're wearing the right size because they were professionally measured but we're all in the same uncomfortable boob boat really.

All of the lingerie shops in my general area don't go below a 32" band so I know they're doing it wrong. It sucks.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  
cancerfree!

S/C/G: 295/145

Height: 64"

JcPenny's lingerie ladies will actually teach you how to do a proper bra fitting and will explain to you the different sizes. Macy's and Dillards's do this too. I took my daughter to JcPenny's for her first bra fitting years ago and she still goes there to get sized.

Just have to tell you that I LOVED your wording on this post. It totally made me laugh (goldfish in the center of the earth!). Thanks for the early morning smile! Congrats on your newly found boobs!
5yearscancerfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #7  
Stubborn.

I didn't realize that you're supposed to drop 5 cm from your band size...Since Japan uses cm and the US uses inches, I made sure to measure that the first time I went for a bra since otherwise I wouldn't have had a starting point at all. For the cup size, I had no idea...I'd worn an A-cup at home until I hit about 190, then I switched up to a B-cup because things were looking a little snug. I've had the armpit problem for as long as I can remember (probably because I refused to wear anything except sports bras until high school), so it never occurred to me that that wasn't just me being fat. One of my friends told me last time I was here that Japanese cup sizes are one larger than their American counterparts, so I automatically grabbed a C.

...man, do I wish I'd been fitted when I was younger. The armpit thing and the disproportionately small chest have brought me to tears on multiple occasions. I just hope that it fixes itself fast so that I can stop feeling like some kind of wrangler stuffing my boobs back into place. I might have to give in and start doing the weird flowy Japanese blouse look because it'll probably be even harder to find button-down shirts now...at least in cooler weather I can start wearing another shirt underneath and leaving an extra button open.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I went to a fancy lingerie store/mastectomy bra fitting shop with my mom several years ago (maybe about 10), they were adhering to the add 5 inches to band size. They had me in a 48 B, I'm about the same size now (boobs aren't any bigger, band might be a bit smaller but not likely), and I'm in a 40 DDD. They were way off. I tried going back a few month ago to the same place, to see if they were still trying to do the old way of measuring, but the woman was rude when I went in so I just walked right out.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #9  
Stubborn.

I guess I'm amusing when I write things in panic mode...glad that people got smiles out of it at least. Sorry I went crazy pants...I think I've calmed myself down some now Thank you all for the suggestions and for not thinking less of me for being so silly.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 09-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I was wearing a b-cup for years before finding out I was a c-cup. I had a hard time believing it, because my boobs are so small, but those bras do fit better, and my boobs look better with the proper size.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #11  
Stubborn.

I definitely hear you, AmyAmy. I very clearly have cleavage in the new bras, but the letter is baffling...The interwebs seem to be telling me that a Japanese F is an American DD...which seems like it should be enormous. Looking in the mirror I MAYBE have what I envisioned a C-cup to look like.

...by happy coincidence, I found a sleeping bra in the drug store today...The timing was amusing because, while I can't really read most of the kanji on the package, the photos are clearly illustrating the exact issue I've been having. It looks like a sports bra, but has stiff side cups to keep things contained and it's actually incredibly comfy. Tempted to never take it off now...
Old 09-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #12  

Height: 5'1

UK 34E = Japan 75F. Same bra size! I find that since my weight is all upper half, it is hard to know what to wear and what not to warm. I don't like having my boobage out in low cut tops for everyone to see! Although everyone says you should show off what you've been blessed with. V-neck tops are what I would stick to more than round neck. Not low-low v-necks but comfortable enough for me that I don't feel I'm being exposed! With a round neck top, I always find that it gives off like a saggy look and making them look a lot bigger than they already are. I'm only 21, I don't want to be giving off the saggy boobs look, lol.

I also know a lot of girls with amazing womanly curves and are completely flat chested! You'd always associate curves/amazing womanly figures with having boobs but it is not always the case I have found. I actually look forward for my boobage disappearing, having these all my teenager years practically!

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 09-03-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #13  
Stubborn.

*Sigh* going to have to head back to the plus section for button-down tops until the weather cools off some...I've got the button gap back with a vengeance now, so my options are to not wear them or cami them and undo the top button...which isn't going to happen with the humidity we've had lately...Stupid narrow-shouldered Japanese shirts...

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 09-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
*Sigh* going to have to head back to the plus section for button-down tops until the weather cools off some...I've got the button gap back with a vengeance now, so my options are to not wear them or cami them and undo the top button...which isn't going to happen with the humidity we've had lately...Stupid narrow-shouldered Japanese shirts...
I get little hooks and eyes sewn in by my tailor between the buttons and the holes, which hold the shirt (more) closed. Maybe that would help?
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Omg i just added a post to my thread "who loves their bra"
I'm glad I'm not the only one with bra problem.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote