South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #1  
American in UK

S/C/G: 149/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default UK Chicks

Hello Everyone,

My name is Amber and I currently live in London. I'm originally from America so am desperate for some UK chicks to help me find similar products here!

During university, I was about 8st 9lbs, but since finishing school and working, I've put on a stone and a half! My mom did the SB diet when I was growing up and had amazing results. But then she quit the diet and put back on all the weight she lost.

I want to change my eating style for life, not just to lose some weight. I'm an avid runner (running 4-5 times weekly) but can't seem to shift pounds that way. I need to change the way I'm eating as well. I've been on several other diets, but think I do better limiting carbs.

I hope to hear from fellow UK south beachers!

amberconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Amber! We're happy you've decided to join us!

We do have one or two Beachers from the UK on our forum, and hopefully they will be able to help you locate the products you are looking for. But do remember that SBD is all about eating fresh or frozen wholesome foods, so as long as you're avoiding white flours, no sugar, eating lean meats and low fat foods and lots of vegetables, you should do just fine.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #3  
American in UK

The only thing I'm craving is something sweet! Everything else I'm eating is fresh, unprocessed food. I just need some dessert, lol!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have you tried one of the ricotta creme desserts, or the SBD peanut butter cup dessert? Check out our Phase 1 recipes section for lots of ideas to satisfy your sweet tooth.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #5  

Default Uk chicks

Hi Amber,

I also live in near London in the Uk and am also starting South Beach this week. I'm Australian and also got a good dose of the Hesthrow injection.
It's my second go at it, I got distracted by too many summer celebrations but now back on track. It worked very well a couple of months ago where I lost 6 kilos/12 pounds in 2 weeks and have kept most of it off so far but have a whole to go, about 15 kilos to go.
How're you finding it so far?

Chrissy.
chrissy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #6  
American in UK

Cottage, I went to get ricotta last night but accidentally grabbed marscapone instead! They were right next to each other I've had the peanut butter desserts and they're great!

Chrissy, today is the official start of Week 2 of phase 1. I lost 6lbs this week so I'm really pleased with that. I've found that it hasn't been too bad. I run 4 times a week and found that really hard on phase 1 so before running, I've been eating berries. I don't consider it cheating (even though it technically is) because I'm only eating a small amount for running fuel. It's also easier because my husband is away and I can cook exactly what I need to be eating with worrying about feeding someone else. Hopefully, week 2 will be good as well. How is your second time going?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #7  

Hi Amber I've just started today, I live in Milton Keynes which is just up the road from you.

wow so you lost 6lbs in the first week well done
CBeeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #8  
American in UK

CBeen, good to have a fellow beacher close by! How are you finding the diet so far? I was lucky to lose so much the first week, I think. Tomorrow is the official end of phase 1, so I'm nervous about the next time I weigh myself. Good luck to you!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #9  

I did well on the first day BUT today i nicked 3 pieces of my sons fudge and scoffed a slice of bread , but it was because i didn't have any lunch, i forgot as i had to take my hubby to have an MRI scan.

I must make an effort to have lunch on time or I'll come a cropper
Old 08-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #10  

Hi Amber,

Well done on a 6lb loss in your first week! I must admit I had lost track on the weekend as I had entertained over the long weekend, perhaps it wasn't the best time to start. Anyway I'm not giving up and am starting again this week and on track so still in week one. Yes it's a good time to start when hubby is away and you only have one meal to cook. Mine is eating the same dinners just adding carbs to his meal which makes it easier.
CBeen I live in Aylesbury so we live even closer. How are you finding your first week?
I've got a tub of ricotta but wasn't very pleased with my first effort of squeezing some lime in it. It was a bit grainy. Do you know where I can find the peanut butter recipe?
Thanks and great to meet some local ladies on South Beach!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #11  

Hi, I found the recipe section but many of the desserts seem to be tailored to US market as can't find too many of the ingredients here. What desserts have you been having lately? An already craving sweet things! Thanks :-)
Old 09-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #12  

Hi guys, have you got the link Chrissy?

As for deserts I just make up some hartleys sugar free jelly (powder in the packet) as i'm not sure what else to have.

But yesterday i got some Quark and blended it with some light evaporated milk and added some sweetener and it was like a sweet cream so perhaps that can be used for something, i bought some peanut butter too, so I'm gonna experiment today

I too tried to get ricotta but they only had normal, no low fat

Also before when i did SB I made the nutty granola recepie which is in the book and that's really yummy

BTW: I lost 4lbs today (not been a week yet, 2 more days to go

Last edited by CBeeN; 09-01-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #13  
American in UK

Hi girls,

Congrats on the weight loss so far!

I finished Phase 1 on Friday! I lost 8lbs and am really pleased. For dessert, I had ricotta a few times. I used a hand mixer and a bit of half fat cream to get it to a smooth consistency. I also found a recipe for cream cheese cupcakes which turned out nicely for me!

I'm a bit afraid to move on to phase 2. I don't think I'm ready! I'll keep you all updated on how it goes. Especially since I'm going out for Italian food tonight with my mate. Eeek!

Last edited by amberconnolly; 09-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #14  

ooh well done Amber, was it low fat ricotta?
I can only find normal ricotta in tesco's
Old 09-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #15  
American in UK

Nope, it was the normal one. I don't think they do low fat ricotta here! But since I still lost weight, so I don't think it matters too much! Where did you find turkey rashers?